“Great hotel, business purposes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua

You added Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.2307 Donghua Park, Nanhai Avenue, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518054, China (Shenzhen High-tec Industrial Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #29 of 2,133 Hotels in Shenzhen
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Great hotel, business purposes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed at the HI Shenzhen a couple of times. Always had the upgrade which allows several items of dry cleaning each day, also daily fresh fruit, mini bar and free drink (between 5-6 pm) included.

Rooms have always been clean with plenty of room. One time room was next to storage room of cleaning staff, this caused some extra noise but overall nothing out of the ordinary.

Hotel is easy accessible by taxi or water taxi and HK airport only 30-45 min drive.

Having stayed here only on business purposes I would also recommend for any purpose.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a great hotel if you're in the Donghua area, very close to the Shekou Ferry. I think the taxi from the ferry dock to the hotel was less than 40RMB. If you're a westerner, I highly recommend the upgrade to the executive level. The benefits are worth the extra cost. Besides the workers in the executive club make your stay so much more pleasant.

Room Tip: If you're upgrading to the executive level try to make sure you're on the executive floors...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I loved my stay at this Hotel and will stay there again when I return to Shenzhen. The staff is fantastic and they all became my dear friends. I miss them all. I stayed on the 23rd floor and enjoyed such a beautiful view of the Donghua area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Michelle L, Senior PR Officer at Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback with us.It's our great pleasure to know that you enjoy your stay.We are looking forward to welcoming you to visit our hotel again.
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The location is good, halfway hong kong border and international airport and few minutes in taxi from the restaurants and shoppings place.

The services was really good with english staff, the room were clean, cozy, well equipped and well decorated.

We expected an average hotel according to the price but it was really worth it. I always go to holiday inn now when I am in Shenzhen, i recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Booked for business. Recently upgraded and super room for the value. Close to my meeting location but a pleasant surprise. Glad to have had an upgraded room. Food was ok at breakfast, too. Too bad they couldn't help me Book a car to the airport, check out was too slow also.

• Stayed July 2013
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Rooms are clean, decently appointed, and seemed new.
Great service and attitude all around.
I had accidentally left a few toiletry items in the bathroom which staff found and returned to me promptly even before I had checked out and left the property.

Will definitely stay again on my next business trip to the area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was my first trip to China. I had been trying to purchase concert tickets from the United States and hit one road block after another until I called the Holiday Inn Shenzhen, Donghua where I had made my hotel reservation. I asked for the concierge. From that moment, I felt like I had a friend in China. The concierge expertly obtained all three tickets exactly as I requested with lightning speed. He stayed in constant communication with me sending me seating charts and images of the tickets. It was unbelievable to me the time and energy that he put into helping me obtain these particular tickets.

And when I arrived in Shenzhen, I felt so welcome. The hotel is ultra-modern, immaculate – beautiful from floor to ceiling. The room was so comfortable. Spectacular views from the 23rd floor, wonderful small details like a large umbrella ready to use in the closet, and a huge fluffy bed that made me feel like I was sleeping on a cloud.

Everyone was super friendly and welcoming. The concierge even went so far as to put concert posters in my room! I was so tired after the long flight from Newark.....I felt so far from home traveling alone....and yet I felt welcome - like I was in a place I belonged, familiar and with friends. Everyone seemed to know who I was...like they were expecting me!

I would honestly consider returning to Shenzhen just to stay at this hotel. It was that enjoyable. A welcoming oasis for US travelers in China.

Room Tip: Great view from higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Michelle L, Senior PR Officer at Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua.We have delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your kind words of encouragement to our team members,We have shared your experience with our team and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua? Share your experiences!