“Good value for room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua

You added Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.2307 Donghua Park, Nanhai Avenue, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518054, China (Shenzhen High-tec Industrial Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #30 of 2,163 Hotels in Shenzhen
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good value for room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Booked for business. Recently upgraded and super room for the value. Close to my meeting location but a pleasant surprise. Glad to have had an upgraded room. Food was ok at breakfast, too. Too bad they couldn't help me Book a car to the airport, check out was too slow also.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Rooms are clean, decently appointed, and seemed new.
Great service and attitude all around.
I had accidentally left a few toiletry items in the bathroom which staff found and returned to me promptly even before I had checked out and left the property.

Will definitely stay again on my next business trip to the area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was my first trip to China. I had been trying to purchase concert tickets from the United States and hit one road block after another until I called the Holiday Inn Shenzhen, Donghua where I had made my hotel reservation. I asked for the concierge. From that moment, I felt like I had a friend in China. The concierge expertly obtained all three tickets exactly as I requested with lightning speed. He stayed in constant communication with me sending me seating charts and images of the tickets. It was unbelievable to me the time and energy that he put into helping me obtain these particular tickets.

And when I arrived in Shenzhen, I felt so welcome. The hotel is ultra-modern, immaculate – beautiful from floor to ceiling. The room was so comfortable. Spectacular views from the 23rd floor, wonderful small details like a large umbrella ready to use in the closet, and a huge fluffy bed that made me feel like I was sleeping on a cloud.

Everyone was super friendly and welcoming. The concierge even went so far as to put concert posters in my room! I was so tired after the long flight from Newark.....I felt so far from home traveling alone....and yet I felt welcome - like I was in a place I belonged, familiar and with friends. Everyone seemed to know who I was...like they were expecting me!

I would honestly consider returning to Shenzhen just to stay at this hotel. It was that enjoyable. A welcoming oasis for US travelers in China.

Room Tip: Great view from higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Michelle L, Senior PR Officer at Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua.We have delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your kind words of encouragement to our team members,We have shared your experience with our team and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Actually pretty good hotel. The staff are very good and very helpfully. Rooms are standard but well presented. The food is adequate in the Chinese hotel context. There is enough to pick from and it is edible but would be poor cafe food in New Zealand! Have stayed here twice now so it works ok. Easy to get to from shekou ferry, taxi to louhu etc. will stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013
Ashdod, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stay in this hotel 2-3 times a year along the last 5 years at least - and never got disappointed. I like virtually everything about this hotel - the staff, the room, the neighborhood, the breakfast. Two things, however, make the difference between "very good" and "excellent": first - it's a big challenge to get a taxi in the morning. It might take half-an-hour of waiting if you need a taxi between 7 and 9 am. Second - there are three very slow elevators for 28 floors. Sometimes it takes too long to get from the room down or the other way.
This time, by the way, my colleagues and I were greeted by the new general manager of the hotel - and I'm confident the improvement will come soon. Good luck!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Turku, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is my third time in Holiday Inn Shenzhen on business, I seem to be here once a year. This time i got room on the 17th floor and it should be "renovated". I still hate the carpeting because it is dusty. Bed is ever so comfortable, bell boys friendly and helpful, breakfast the same (loved the strong coffee!) and location excellent. Bathroom is very tiny compared to the room size. Wifi coming and going; one day it worked perfectly, next day not at all. What to say; decent hotel on business and for the price.
However, next time I will want to have a room further away from the elevator corridor, as I woke up with the elevator's blinging sound sometimes.

Room Tip: I'd choose a room further from elevator hall, as they bling every time an elevator comes to the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Michelle L, Senior PR Officer at Holiday Inn Shenzhen Donghua, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Shenzhen.It's our honor to receive your positive feedback regarding our products and service.Please drop me a email at ivy.wang@hi-shenzhen.com so that we will arrange a room that is further from the elevator in your next trip.We look forward to welcoming you again!
Berkshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This centrally located hotel overall is pretty good, with a huge variety of styles of breakfast on offer. However although the room was comfortable and had everything it does need updating. You need to turn on every light to get something only just reasonable. Why cant you have one switch to turn on a central bright light ? Also the shower is one of these dark, min bath affairs that are not good as either. A standard set in the 90's or before.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business