“Excellent retreat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Venice Hotel Shenzhen

Save Saved
You added The Venice Hotel Shenzhen to your Saves list
The Venice Hotel Shenzhen
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.9026 Shennan Road, Overseas City, Nanshan District, Shenzhen 518053, China (Overseas Chinese Town)   |
Ranked #23 of 1,951 hotels in Shenzhen
Denver, CO
“Excellent retreat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was the third hotel of my business stay, and by far the best! I was warmly greeted at 10:00 pm by a well dressed staff member. Upon check in, I was given an upgrade at no additional charge, and was pleasantly surprised at the room. It had a separate seating area, with a half bath, and a connecting room with a full bath. I was on the tenth floor and had a great view. The bed was VERY comfortable, I was able to gain a full nights rest compared to the other hotels I had stayed at during my trip.
Since I had arrived late, I was not sure that the restaurant would be open at 11:00 pm. I was informed by the staff that dinner can be served. I ordered the Minestrone soup and was really surprised. The order did take time to arrive, but it was due to being FRESHLY made and not sitting in a can for some period. The veggies were fresh cut, the broth and bread were just as fresh. EXCELLENT! The restaurant was very clean and well laid out. Staff was friendly and prompt in service. Breakfast was just as good. The morning breakfast buffet was great. Many selections, fresh grilled veggies, many pastries, fresh juice, etc. No complaints at all.
If they keep this level of service up, I will continue to stay at this hotel moving forward.

Room Tip: The pool, gym and spa were excellent as well. I definitely will remember to bring swimming and work...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Hotel Management at The Venice Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed our hotel’s facilities and services. Guest satisfaction is always the first priority in our day-to-day operations. We look forward to your next stay with us.

698 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Grayslake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for years for many trips to south China for business travel. When it was the Crowne Plaza, it was one of the newest and nicest hotels on Shennan Road. Since then the Westin and the Intercontinental have moved in to nearby. Both are more expensive and luxurious than the Venice Hotel. Since changing its name in late 2010, I think the hotel has slipped from the standard of the IHG. While the hotel is still a bargin from our corporate rate, it is to the same level it once was being a Crowne Plaza hotel. The quality of the rooms and the service has gone down a little since that time. I still rate this hotel as "Very Good" because it still is a good value for the $, but there are other choice out there now. This hotel location beats most other western hotel location in Shenzhen. Rooms vary in size and class depending on what you get booked in. It is probably time for them to refresh the decor and aminities in the hotel to keep up the pace with other hotels in the area. The Cafe Zentro was just remolded this spring (2012) and offers a good breakfast and dinner selection for both western and Chinese food.

Room Tip: I suggest a room over looking the pool, you do get a little shocked during the nightly fireworks sho...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Deputy General Manager at The Venice Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your time writing this comment here and the highlight of our good buffet breakfast and dinner. Guest satisfaction is always our first priority, and the whole team of The Venice Hotel Shenzhen is committed to memorable services to our guests. I am pleased to let you know that we have already started upgrading our room amenities and decorations and we are making all efforts to ensure you a very pleasant stay your next visit.

Again, we appreciate it very much for your stay with us and your valuable comments. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Shenzhen!

Charles Liu
Deputy General Manager
Sydney Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at the Venice Hotel in Shenzhen several times over the past 2 years for business and have generally found it to be a very good property.
The majority of the rooms are large, clean and comfortable and the hotel restaurants are of a high standard, especially the JK Japanese (fixed price all you can eat special) and Cafe Zentro - even the room service was pretty good.
The Hotel is well located near the OCT and surrounding attractions such as Happy Valley and Window of the World. There is also a large shopping complex across the road.
The only negative I would note is the general ignoring of the non-smoking policy by many guests although when I reported this the Hotel were happy to change my room to a better & smoke free location.

Room Tip: Some king size beds are quite hard!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is an excellent hotel very close to a number of theme parks and also the metro. With the Italian theme (gondolas at the entrance and around the pool) and a view of the the Eiffel Tower (within Windows of the World theme park), inside the hotel you may forget you are in China. However, the rooms are great, the beds firm but softer than in other Chinese hotels I have experienced and with wonderful pillows (with a note to advise there is a choice of other pillows if desired). A very good breakfast buffet with a good selection of western and eastern cuisine. Excellent staff who enthusiasically welcome you throughout the hotel. And the pool area is very good with the option of either swimming outdoors or indoors. Well equipped gym and very popular at the 6am opening time.

Room Tip: A room with a view over the pool gives you also a view over the Window of the World light show at ni...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Hotel Management at The Venice Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear hideho50,

Thank you very much for staying with us.

It is our pleasure to host your recent visit to Shenzhen and we are very delighted to know that you had been pleased with the location and facilities we provided.

Your comments regarding the turndown services, pool facilities and enthusiastic employees, are highly appreciated by all of us.

We looking forward to serving you on your next visit to Shenzhen.
Zhuhai, Guangdong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Outstanding property with nice design and great service!
All outlets and especially the breakfast buffet was excellent! Especially to mention as well the V bar with outstanding live music and amazing people around!
A place you like to stay longer and extend your trip, just feeling well!

Please Venice team- keep on going!

Room Tip: Stayed in non smoking room as well with little balcony in direction on the pool site and V bar! Afte...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for spending time posting your comments here on Tripadvisor. Your comments regarding our outlets, especially V Bar are highly appreciated. The entire team is committed to better service.

We looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was my first visit Shenzhen and I asked my Chinese colleague for advice on hotel accommodation. From a list of 5 hotels provided, I was really glad that I selected this particular hotel.

I found the hotel to be immaculate and clean. The staff is so friendly and helpful - they were just wonderful. It was such a pleasure to stay there. Most imporantly, I found the prices to be quite reasonable compared to what you would generally pay in a quality hotel in China these days.

Also the location is just great. It is just next door to a great shopping mall which also has a lot of very good restaurants. It really was a quiet oasis. If and when I next visit Shenzhen, I know where I will stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing us and giving us the opportunity to provide our services to you.

We are glad to know that you found Venice Hotel Shenzhen value worthy. Your comments regarding our staff are most appreciated.

We looking forward to your next visit to Shenzhen.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Returned for a third stay in this hotel, and it improves each time. The bedrooms are roomy and comfortable, and the staff throughout the hotel are attentive and helpful, if fact I'd say that service was better than when this hotel was branded a Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Joseph Z, Vice President of Operations at The Venice Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at The Venice Hotel Shenzhen. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. Our entire Team is focused on continuing to provide the warm, friendly service that The Venice Hotel Shenzhen has been known for. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to The Venice Hotel Shenzhen? Share your experiences!