“Good place for Western food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Champs Bar & Grill Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen

Champs Bar & Grill Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen
East Side, Railway Station 1002 Jianshe Road, Shenzhen 518001, China (Luohu Port)
0755-82330888
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #566 of 2,780 restaurants in Shenzhen
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Luohu Port
Description: Champs Bar and Grill is a typical American neighbourhood sports bar and restaurant, and provides great quality comfort food and a grand selection of local and imported beers, selected wines, oversized cocktails and so on. A special Happy Hour is also available at night.Champs Bar and Grill not only provides genuine and high-quality food, but also value and a friendly, casual service while you sit back and catch the latest game on our big screen. The theme of the outlet evolves around popular sports.The Champs interior revolves around popular sports like basketball, football, tennis, golf and, to a lesser extent, baseball and American football. Old time favourites, oldies and international pop are played as background music. There is also a pool and billiard table, and a dart board.
Columbia, South Carolina
“Good place for Western food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I went here several times during my week in Shenzhen. It was close to where I was staying, the food was good, the beer was cold, and the English-speaking staff was very friendly. The menu offers everything from salads to pasta, burgers, and pizzas. Everything I had was very good. Good for families or solo travelers.

71% Recommend
“Good option if you need a burger in Shenzhen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Frankly, we were tired and didn't want to go far after a long day, so we stayed in the hotel for this Sports Bar.

The burgers were pretty good, as were the individual pizzas and taco salad. 'Not quite like home, but they do the job when you've had enough Chinese food for a few days. The drinks were not cheap, but pretty reasonable for a decent hotel's restaurant.

There is also a pool table if you want to shoot a few, and TV's.

Visited May 2012
Shenzhen, China
“Excellent sevice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We had a very good experience in the restaurant last weekend. We friends and families together spent the Mother Day dinner in the restaurant. Nice food, warm atomasphere and excelletn service provided by the staff. Janet Xu was very hospital. She arranged a table in an isolated area as requested by us, so that our children had ample room to run here and there. She was very attractive to our children and the children all missed her.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Very good option in SZ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

In case you are wondering when was Champs 4 starts worthy consider that it's for the Shenzhen China based restaurant. Shenzhen where most good places are either regular Chinese or Cantonese fair.. Since I had a lot of Asian cuisine during the first 12 nights I was in China...when the client exec suggested Champs...I jumped with joy. To be sure, the options are similar to the ones we have back home but few notables - the wine list is shorter and has at least 3 good picks (Bordeaux, Napa and Sonoma) in my view (I am sure there are more and I leave it to connoisseurs to list their favs), salads are smaller, entrees have a good combo of vege and meat (not just pork) options.

Fajitas were popular the evening I visited, the appetizer salads were on a roll.....interesting that the chicken was cooked in its skin much like the Chinese like it....anyway I enjoyed the mesquite Chicken fajita.

A few other niceties -
1. Pool table
2. Beer on tap
3. ESPN and Golf channels
4. European soccer channels

I recommend Champs in SZ and will be back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Shanghai, China
“Nice sports bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

The best sports bar I have ever been in China, there was my favourite Guinness beer and my wife’s dirty martini, thanks to Arthur, Maris and Daniel, they were just amazingly friendly and pleasant…

• Visited March 2012