“Rustic but interesting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ZEN Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shenzhen
ZEN Guesthouse
You added ZEN Guesthouse to your Saves list
No.75 Dawei Cun, Dongchong, Shenzhen 518100, China   |
Ranked #7 of 638 Shenzhen B&B and Inns
“Rustic but interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Found this place on tripadvisor with high praise. I'm normally very particular about hotel but decide to venture a little bit.
The room really is not what I expected (Chinese toilet? Light nor working in bathroom? No hot water? No tv?) however the host was nice enough & switched us to a room with western toilet & functioning bathroom the next night (but still no tv.)
The host was a wonderful Aussie & we had many great conversation. But I still have to go on the record to say this place needs more regular maintenance to keep it up to date. It has great potential & can be so much more.

• Stayed July 2013

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hefei, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've been to Zen twice now, once backpacking on my own and once with a friend and I would go back in a heartbeat. The beach being a short walk away is great, the times that i've gone it hasn't been crowded at all and the water is really clean. There are hills that you can hike up and even some caves for exploring. It's in a very small town so there isn't a lot of big night clubs or things like that but the small restaurants/bars they do have are great. The owners are extremely nice and very helpful. Any questions you have or problems they try and take care of right away. The rooms are all clean and brightly painted with great artwork on the walls and the rooftop is a great place to have a drink and enjoy the scenary. So if you're looking for an amazing place to just get away from the city and relax then stay here you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Surprisingly nice and calm beach in Shenzhen. Don't expect bars or jet ski rentals around.
You will feel yourself in your friends beach house rather than a customer at a guesthouse.
If you're living in the area, this is the best place you can go for a beach weekend.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Don't go there if you are looking for some fancy place with bars, shops and blah blah blah... GO there if you need some time with nature! I spent 3 days there and was lucky to stay at alsmost empty house and had great empty beach to myself. The beach is not that far and actually walking to the beach was one of many things I loved as well. Rooms are good, have conditioner and anything you need for a good comfort. I loved the serenity of this place and I am defenetly coming back as soon as I can!

Room Tip: Talk to owners and book the room - they are very helpful and friendly! Too bad theye were away and I...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I just got back from Zen Guesthouse, and I have nothing but good things to say about it ! I found the website www.zen-guesthouse.com online and instantly fell in love with the place. It definitely lives up to it's name, where we felt REALLY calm and relax at any given time of the day. Really nice place, spacey, simple, clean, as shown on the website. No gimmicks! Even though when we were staying there there was no breakfast, we're not even complaining as the owners was really kind to let us use the kitchen and all the ingredients in it. The owners (I contacted Chris) was really really friendly and helpful. He even took the extra effort to help us when we got lost trying to reach this place from Shenzhen.(I strongly recommend you to take the pick up car service provided by the guesthouse. Trust me, it's far more convenient and saves time). The beach is really just 15minutes walk away, and the view we get when we got to the beach is breathtaking, even the laziest person of our group didn't mind the walk. After an exciting day in the beach, you could just relax at the house as you would in your own home. We cooked ourself a nice dinner, then took it to the rooftop to eat while enjoying the clear,star-studded sky and the cool breeze of air. Extraordinary. We are definitely coming back here again ASAP ;) As a group of overseas students, this IS our home away from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We loved it! Very relaxed atmosphere with a home away from home feeling. Wonderful decoration and trendy. Rooms were clean and the English breakfast was a welcoming surprise. All in all our stay was good and I will certainly be coming back. Thank you Rachel for your kind hospitality.

Room Tip: I recommend the room on the fourth floor facing the mountain as you wake with the sound of birds chi...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to ZEN Guesthouse? Share your experiences!