I have stayed in 3 hotels in sea world area: Nanhai, Fraser, and Ascott. totally, I think Ascott is the best, but it is also the most expensive.
Most people will compare Ascott to Fraser, because both provide equipped apartments suitable for long stay. So let me tell you what I preferred in each of them:
- The room service is much better in everything. They will even wash your dirty dishes for you,
- The location is better and easier to find, around 5 min more close to Seaworld metro and restaurants areas.
- The apartments are equipped with dish-washers which is not provided in Ascott.
- Fraser has an area for children play, and many families with children stay in Fraser.
- One small advantage: the gym is open 24 hours.
- and most importantly: CHEAPER than Ascott.
- More modern and creative decoration of the apartments.
- The apartment's equipment is more new and modern.
- No bad smell or cigarette smell in the rooms (I had this problem in Fraser)
- Better internet connectivity (Fraser said they will upgrade the slow connection soon)
- Better and bigger buffet for breakfast.
- Most remarkable is: much better swimming pool (with a deep area), gym (open until 11 pm), spa, and available tennis court for extra fees. I enjoyed the swimming pool so much in Ascott.
So, if you are OK to pay the extra money for these Ascott advantages (around 100 to 200 RMB per day), then Ascott is definitely better.
However, if you have children, Fraser may be more fun for them.