“Dongmen beats Lo wu” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luohu Commerical City (Lo Wu Shopping Plaza)

Luohu Commerical City (Lo Wu Shopping Plaza)
Luohu District, Shenzhen 528000, China
0755-82338178
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 482 things to do in Shenzhen
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Luohu Commercial City (simplified Chinese: 罗湖商业城; traditional Chinese: 羅湖商業城; pinyin: Luóhú Shāngyè Chéng) is an enclosed shopping mall located on the Shenzhen side of the Shenzhen River, right outside the entrance/exit to Luohu Immigration Control Point.The mall is five stories tall and sells a wide range of items, including watches, handbags, clothes, shoes, audio-visual products, souvenirs, curtains, DVDs, etc. The mall also includes a number of restaurants and shops that offer services, such as massages and dental work, at very low prices.The Luohu Inter-city Bus Terminal is located directly under Luohu Commercial Center, and buses to locations in Guangdong and Fujian provinces are available here. A shuttle to Shenzhen Airport is also available in the Bus Terminal. Shenzhen Railway Station is next to the mall and provides long-distance travel across China. Visitors with permission to enter Hong Kong may cross the border at the Immigration Control Point and take the East Rail Line as far as Hung Hom.Located on the north side of Luohu Commercial Center is a bus station for intra-city buses and mini-buses. Immediately to the west is the Luohu Station of the Shenzhen Metro. Taxis are also available at a special taxi stand location below the intra-city bus station.
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Dongmen beats Lo wu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My 15 year old daughter and I have just come back from Dongmen. Oh what a time we had. I was always a big fan of Lo Wu for shopping but Dongmen beats it hands down. There are more shops, more product, less copied goods and best of all not one Missy Missy you buy this that. And the other.
We stayed at The Metropark Hotel located at 2088 Dongmen Bei Lu (Dongmen middle road). Very convenient to everything in Shenzhen including Lo Wu shopping centre. I was warned before going that Dongmen is not a very safe place for 2 women to travel around....never had a worry while we were there, nor at any time did I feel unsafe.
If you decide to take the time and travel beyond the tourist trap of Lo Wu take the train the two stops to Dongmen and have a little adventure with the locals in their shops...you won't be sorry you made the effort.

Visited January 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
41 attraction reviews
“not my shopping heaven”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was part of a tour and I was excited at first because it is for shopping, but I was disappointed. It is a mall, selling knock-offs. If you are from Manila, Philippies like I am, then you would rather go to Divisoria, where the same items are a lot cheaper. But for others, this may look like a shop till you drop thing.

Visited February 2012
Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Wish I Could Give Negative Stars.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The aggressive nature of the sales personnel in this grungy Kingdom of the Knockoffs made this the worst experience of our trip to China. It was so revolting that we bought very little. I was called "Missy" seven times, and some of the workers touched or pulled on my arms. The grimy bathroom with a filthy porcelain squat toilet, no soap, toilet paper, paper towels, or hand dryers was a fitting metaphor for this hellhole.

Wellington, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
“Practice your haggling skills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was a fun experience and a good way for practicing your haggling skills. If they don't sell you it for your price then just walk a few shops down and your bound to find the same item. Didn't end up buying too much here, but I did find a wireless keyboard for my ipad which still works fine. Back in NZ I would have paid over 5 times the price than I did here. Just make sure if you buy electronics to test it out before purchasing and make sure you get the one you were testing.

The touts were entertaining, they actually helped me to find mc donalds when they asked what i was looking for, and then just left me alone.

Easy enough to spend hours here, it is like a maze full of fake after fake.

Visited October 2012
Guangzhou, China
5 attraction reviews
“Watch OUt!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

There are several better places to shop in Shenzhen and Guangzhou than Luohu. The vendors here are aggressive and frequently touch you or pull your arm to get your attention. I have lived in china two years and each time i go to this place the experience is less rewarding. Quality is bad..and EVERYTHING is a knock-off/copy, which isn't bad in itself if you like it for what it is. But again, look elsewhere. Also, if you want to buy a copy watch, take a strong magnifying glass or jewelers loop, this way pay off. I have been told "this is leather"..and i speak Chinese. One time i tugged at it and it tore! It was plastic...what could they do after they told me it was leather. I told them "you try to cheat me".
All and all you will pay less by going into shenzhen two metro stations and shop with the locals. The vendors take the fun out of shopping.

Visited November 2012