“Third Trip To Fuyong” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baolilai International Hotel

You added Baolilai International Hotel to your Saves list
Baolilai International Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fuyong Avenue, Fuyong Town, Bao'an District, Shenzhen 518103, China   |
Ranked #23 of 2,133 Hotels in Shenzhen
4.0 of 5 stars 319 Reviews
Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
“Third Trip To Fuyong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great hotel with choices of Asian and Western cuisine. Great place to stay and staffs are extremely friendly.

Tried all the restaurants and the Japanese and the rotating restaurant is my favorite. Breakfast choices are plentiful, great job in ensuring their customers get the best most important meal of the day.

The night market is just around the corner. Good place to take a tour and sight seeing.

Should be the best hotel in Fuyong area. Very close to the Shenzhen airport, which makes it hard to get a cab from the airport to the hotel,since most taxi driver are not willing to take the short trip.

Room Tip: Great hotel to stay if you are going to Fuyong, Shenzhen
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
bllhotel, Public Relations Manager at Baolilai International Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed the experience here in our hotel. We sincerely look forward to your return in a near future. Wish you all the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ipoh, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Local residents mentioned its the only 5star hotel where hotel cum a posh entertainment center are being joined under a roof management. Situated where industrial companies are mainly for
business visits and moreover its near to Baoan Shenzhen airport which distance takes approx 10mins on driveway. Overall, hv no regrets on this hotel stay in-term of service being provided
was good where staff are pleasantly to assist. Daily b/breakfast where international cum with chinese cuisine was good in favour and most adored, the coffee-bean brew machine was the hit for everyone who loves coffee like me.
Btway, next to this building of hotel, a bus station is situated and assumed there is an expansion of huge construction is moving on. There is a KFC outlet with just a short walking distance where opens on 24hrs.
As overall, this hotel is preferance for business trip instd of leisure ones.

Room Tip: Perhaps lookup/book for new wing building and assumed its mainly for executive floors.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
bllhotel, Public Relations Manager at Baolilai International Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your comment and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to your soon return.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Shenzhen Baolilai International Hotel is committed to ensure exceptional experience to our guests. Look forward to your return in a near future.

Thank you for your comment. We will highlight the points you mentioned for our management team, and follow up with concrete actions for further enhancement. WIsh you all the best and look forward to your return.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to this hotel. The staff was stern and generally unhappy. The accomodations were very nice with plush rooms and impressive furnishings. We had a business gathering in the restaurant with 9 men attending. The meal was without question, the worst meal I have ever had in China and the service was almost non-existent.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
bllhotel, Public Relations Manager at Baolilai International Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your comment. It's a pity that we were not able to fully meet your expectation, however it's always our endeavour to ensure great experience to all our guests. We will certainly further look into every detail to further enhance our service. Wish you all best and look forward to your return in a near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Or Maybe the only 5 star hotel in the area. As mentioned a large majority of the staff speaks about 6 words of English. But if you ask for assistance they will always provide you with someone who has a good grasp of English. The General Manager has gone out of his way to be accommodating to me and my party on several occasions. Like traveling in most parts of China you have to exercise a little patience and you will be rewarded. The hotel has 2 towers. 1 side is considered business - decent size rooms. The other gigantic 1 room suites. I prefer the right tower. The Gym is well equipped. The foot massage spa should not be missed - Very upscale but By western standards very inexpensive. Food is decent/good. You're not going to get gourmet western food in this area of Shenzhen. Overall this hotel deserves its 5 star rating.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your comment and we look forward to your return.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Hi
During my last trip in 2012 . I had a meal in the hotel and found it to be grand . So my friend booked it for me this time round . But I have to say that I have no regrets .

This is a 5 star hotel and maintaining it in true sense . I had a local friend with me at the time of check in and check out so communication was not much a problem . But otherwise there is a language problem .

Considering the only 5 star hotel in this part of town near the airport . I feel that they should have more Englsih speaking staff .

The Spa is very good on the 5th floor and the Medicinal Chinese massage we had was heavenly . I had the tiem to use the pool as well which was ok .

There was a Italian food fest which was going on and the food was good . Daily morning was a lavish spread .

I think as I have to come to this part of twon for business I for sure will stay here in future as well and hope that the communication part will be taken care of the next time I com ein .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comment and we will look into the problem so to further enhance our service.
Valencia, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

It is quite shocking that a 5 Star hotel catering to mostly foreign business travelers would only have one person of maybe over 200 staff who really understands and can speak more than ten words in English.
If you go to the front desk and ask any question other than to register or pay your bill, first the perplexed look in their face tells you they have no clue of what you said. Then more people are called in and now you may have up to eight perplexed faces. Suddenly you see one blond foreign staff lady wearing the uniform and you feel relieved they finally hired their one person who knows English.
If you speak Chinese or will never have any questions or need help this is a great place. If not you may be lucky to find the blond lady who speaks English. Other than this, the coffee is not worth trying unless you help yourself to a tiny self serve expresso machine everyone lines up for during breakfast buffet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
bllhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Baolilai International Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your detailed description of your experience staying in our hotel. We are very glad to understand points that we need to improve, and will reflect to our management team soon. Many thanks again and we look forward to your return in the future.
Orebro, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I agree with two recent reviewers Michael P and Christopher S that this is a very good place to stay and that the pricing, by western standards is low. The room was excellent and since the hotel is fairly new the compulsory deterioration of the bathroom one too often see even in rather good hotels, has not yet started. Still there are a few (minor) details I would not have expected at a hotel like this and in this place of the city.

- I stayed for four nights and I had a normal (whatever that would be?) number of contacts with various persons of the staff and I found surprisingly few of them talking good enough English for what I expect from a hotel of this standard, particularly since I think that many foreign and English talking guests will find the hotel to be attractive and would like to choose it also for it's accessibility along the main road north from Baiyuan airport towards the northern parts of Shenzhen and Guangzhou.
- I also found the breakfast buffét to be less than expected while this does not mean that I think it was insufficient.
- The Lobby bar was good to spend time at during evenings and also quite comfortable for uncasual business meetings but I don't think it is a good way of bringing in money to add tissue and nuts to the bill without the guest even asking for it. The bowl with three assorted types of nuts might be nice but since the waiters always put it on the table as soon as you sit down why not just adding a few RMB to the drinks or sandwiches instead of charging for what would be much nicer to (at least pretend to) just treat the customer with. The staff was very friendly though and that somewhat balances the poor initiative made by the management.
- The rotating bar at the top floor looked nice but it was a bit surpricing to recognize half of the breakfast menu even in this night restaurant. My party ended up being almost thrown out at closing time (10 pm) after having had the staff running around the place for the last twenty minutes bringing food and plates away from tables and the serving counters. Even if they don't like to keep staff longer than necessary I think it is just common good manor to allow guests to feel that they are welcome until the place close. The lady who cleaned the floor also started to wipe well before ten o'clock and showed us the way around the newly wiped areas where she didn't want us to step. It could have been to avoid an accident due to the possibly slippery floor but it also added to the impresssion we had that we should have left half an hour earlier.
- I asked for help with a printout at the Business Centre and eventually managed to get it done by my own efforts and the benevolent help from the lovely Charlene that worked that evening. Sad though that the management doesn't put staff on duty in this position that can speak slightly better English. She did her best but as she had noone to turn to for assistance we just had to work it out on our own. A Business Centre where a foreign customer in fact is subject to the restrictions of a Chinese IT-environment is somewhat less than one would have hoped for at a five star hotel. 45 minutes, and in the end having to use the private qq-chat account of the staff (which she suggested her self) to get a handful of sheets printed is hardly acceptable.

I had in mind to approach the (obviously European or American looking) lady I saw at the Assistan Managers desk in the Lobby to tell her about my thoughts but once I had the time I couldn't see her. I think I will drop her a mail hoping she will be pleased and not take it bad.

Over all I still think it is a good place and I would certainly choose this hotel another time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Baolilai International Hotel? Share your experiences!