“One of the best Marriotts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen

You added JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.6005 Shennan Boulevard, Futian District, Shenzhen 518040, China (Xiangmi Lake)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #6 of 2,143 Hotels in Shenzhen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“One of the best Marriotts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

There was a small snag when checking in. The staff asked me to wait 5-10 minutes while they check my room. 30 minutes later I walked up to the counter and she had forgotten about me. Being an elite member and all I did not appreciate this little oversight. Add to that I had been on the road for 10 days and exhausted.

Other than that, my stay was very good. Excellent location right in the middle of the city. I have appointments in all of the districts so it's great.

Concierge on the executive level was helpful and knowledgable. Even if you are not a frequent guest do yourself a favor and upgrade. The free internet and free food and drinks will more than make up for the higher price. As others have mentioned wifi is super fast compared to anywhere in the country and you don't have to worry about the great firewall. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
JWMarriott_Shenzhen, Marketing Communications Officer at JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear of some service issue with your last stay, and we will improve our service standard and management to ensure a similar mistake is not repeated.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmly

Marketing Communications Officer

Marketing Communications Officer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times while visiting clients in the Shenzhen area and I find this hotel to be consistently amazing. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

The rooms are both roomy and very comfortable. I sleep well, plenty of room for work. The Internet Service is excellent ... good bandwidth ... Skype and Google Voice works great. Connects via Hong Kong, so you have full access to all web sites outside of China.

On two of my past visits, I was upgraded to one of their deluxe rooms ... My jaw dropped when I saw it ... It was easily the size of an apartment in China !!!

I normally like to work out while traveling. The fitness center is better than many commercial gyms that I've used while traveling. Equipment is in excellent condition and is relatively high end.

The staff of the hotel is wonderful. Even though there is often 2-3 months between my visits, they often recognize me and greet me with a "Welcome Back". Almost all customer facing staff speaks surprisingly good English. I was pleasantly surprised that even the cleaning staff seems to understand enough English to assist with very basic requests ... a rarity at Chinese hotels, even many of the better ones.

The guys at the Concierge desk are best described as a bunch of "Fairy Godmothers", always both willing and able to help with request and offering great advice on local restaurants, getting around Shenzhen, even hotels in Hong Kong (other side of the border from Shenzhen).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
JWMarriott_Shenzhen, Marketing Communication Officer at JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear linzerhi ,

We really appreciate your feedback related to your most recent stay in our property and we delighted to read that your stay was amazing.

Thank you for praising our Concierge & HSKP staff for their professionalism.We look forward to your next visit and look forward in providing future renewing stays for you

Marketing Communication Officer
White Plains, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Excellent hotel with all the amenities westerners need. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Showers are incredible. Service is superb. Fitness center, outdoor pool and Spa are all first class. Views from the higher floors give you the sense of how developed Shenzhen has become in just 30 years. And with multiple cranes on the horizon the building will continue.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
JWMarriott_Shenzhen, Marketing Communications Officer at JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Dear KevinWhitePlains_NY,

Thank you for choosing JW Marriott Shenzhen and taking your time to share your feedback with us after your recent stay.

Yes, Shenzhen is Developing very Fast in Recent Years, our superb view can show you the real feature of shenzhen.

Welook forward to your next visit and look forward in providing future renewing stays for you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stay here every time in Shenzhen. Great service and really good rooms. Staff a really friendly and looked after me. Will be back soon.

• Stayed July 2011
Montreal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stayed at the JW in Shenzhen after staying at the China Hotel (also a Marriott’s) the concierge on the Executive Floor reserved that Hotel for me and said it was “Higher than us” meaning a better hotel then the China Hotel which I reviewed as a 5-star and it is.

At the JW I was expecting a lot considering that I have used them before and they are the best Marriott’s has to offer.

First, the check-in, although I was using the Executive floor, I check-in in the lobby. Seemed more convenient them using the 27th floor and returning to the 18th floor. The staff struggled a lot in English, so I ended up completing the check-in in my broken Mandarin.

The room was great and very large, but when I walked in, I was punch in the face by a strong odor of smoke, so I requested another room before I pass out, no joke. But after other trip to the ground floor the front desk said that if I wanted to have breakfast and dinner in the lounge I need to use these rooms because of the key cards. Not true, because you can access all the floors with it.

So, I asked to have the filter changed, the floor desk said “of course, sir” but no one ever came. To add to my misery the Internet in the room didn’t work at all. Again a trip to the front desk and again, we will fix it, but it was not when I left the next morning. Also the TV in the room didn’t work for hours because of the rain. Oh yes, the satellite TV in the hotel can’t take the lightest of rain.

The dinner was ok, but the people were all massively complaining at the staff of removing plates from their tables too far or for not understanding them in English.

In the lounge, I tried to explain the problems to the 27th floor concierge, but again, it was sorry can’t understand and/or of course sir and nothing happened. The only useful piece of information I received was “here I can use my iPhone too connect to the Internet sir, so you can take your laptop here and use it. The lounge is open for 3 more hours”.

A nightmare for a JW, if it was a Days Inn with only one staff, I would understand, but the price would be lower to compensate as well. But at 1750 RMB (260$ USD) a night in China, I was expecting more.

I don’t recommend it. I ended up checking out the next day and finished the trip at the Pavilion Hotel like I normally used in the past. Oh, I contacted Marriott’s to complain, they said I would receive a call or email from the JW Shenzhen to follow up, but I didn’t receive anything yet…

Room Tip: Don't request non-smoking rooms, they don't have any. You can see the non-smoking but they...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stay at the JW on all my trips to Shenzhen area. It is a very professional, comfortable and impressive hotel. After 2 trips in one month last year the door staff remembered my name. Room are awesome, smell great and as a p
Business owner are totally functional for what need.
I think all the US based Marriots can learn a good lesson from the JW in Shenzhen.

• Stayed September 2011
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stay this hotel when I need to biz. trip to Shenzhen...
When I trip from HKG Int. Airport , uses Shuttle Rimo service cost 150 HKG$ and no need to touch with my luggage until I arrive the room ....

At the hotel, I always upgraded to Club/concierge level and use of lounge free and Internet also free...
The hotel lounge also nice to provide meal, sweet, drink even alcohol free..
The room is enough for my self as king room ... and bath and toilet are separated...
The stuff member have hospitality enough and speaking English very well...

At second Fl., there are several restaurant and Japanese, Chinese, Buffett style restaurant , all are very good ... I like to stay this hotel because the restaurant and bar as well ..

Return to HKG INT. Airport by shuttle costs 200 RMB and you do not need to touch the luggage as well ... do not use it after 10PM back and forth otherwise you need to walk through imig. by your self with your luggages...

Room Tip: King room is enough for your Biz. travel !!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
JWMarriott_Shenzhen, Communications Officer at JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Shenzhen and for taking the time to share your kind comments. Satisfaction of our guests is our primary concern and we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. We thank you again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you again.

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen? Share your experiences!