“Makes China seem like home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen

You added JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.6005 Shennan Boulevard, Futian District, Shenzhen 518040, China (Xiangmi Lake)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #6 of 2,143 Hotels in Shenzhen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
White Plains, NY
“Makes China seem like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Excellent hotel with all the amenities westerners need. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Showers are incredible. Service is superb. Fitness center, outdoor pool and Spa are all first class. Views from the higher floors give you the sense of how developed Shenzhen has become in just 30 years. And with multiple cranes on the horizon the building will continue.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
JWMarriott_Shenzhen, Marketing Communications Officer at JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Dear KevinWhitePlains_NY,

Thank you for choosing JW Marriott Shenzhen and taking your time to share your feedback with us after your recent stay.

Yes, Shenzhen is Developing very Fast in Recent Years, our superb view can show you the real feature of shenzhen.

Welook forward to your next visit and look forward in providing future renewing stays for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stay here every time in Shenzhen. Great service and really good rooms. Staff a really friendly and looked after me. Will be back soon.

• Stayed July 2011
Montreal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stayed at the JW in Shenzhen after staying at the China Hotel (also a Marriott’s) the concierge on the Executive Floor reserved that Hotel for me and said it was “Higher than us” meaning a better hotel then the China Hotel which I reviewed as a 5-star and it is.

At the JW I was expecting a lot considering that I have used them before and they are the best Marriott’s has to offer.

First, the check-in, although I was using the Executive floor, I check-in in the lobby. Seemed more convenient them using the 27th floor and returning to the 18th floor. The staff struggled a lot in English, so I ended up completing the check-in in my broken Mandarin.

The room was great and very large, but when I walked in, I was punch in the face by a strong odor of smoke, so I requested another room before I pass out, no joke. But after other trip to the ground floor the front desk said that if I wanted to have breakfast and dinner in the lounge I need to use these rooms because of the key cards. Not true, because you can access all the floors with it.

So, I asked to have the filter changed, the floor desk said “of course, sir” but no one ever came. To add to my misery the Internet in the room didn’t work at all. Again a trip to the front desk and again, we will fix it, but it was not when I left the next morning. Also the TV in the room didn’t work for hours because of the rain. Oh yes, the satellite TV in the hotel can’t take the lightest of rain.

The dinner was ok, but the people were all massively complaining at the staff of removing plates from their tables too far or for not understanding them in English.

In the lounge, I tried to explain the problems to the 27th floor concierge, but again, it was sorry can’t understand and/or of course sir and nothing happened. The only useful piece of information I received was “here I can use my iPhone too connect to the Internet sir, so you can take your laptop here and use it. The lounge is open for 3 more hours”.

A nightmare for a JW, if it was a Days Inn with only one staff, I would understand, but the price would be lower to compensate as well. But at 1750 RMB (260$ USD) a night in China, I was expecting more.

I don’t recommend it. I ended up checking out the next day and finished the trip at the Pavilion Hotel like I normally used in the past. Oh, I contacted Marriott’s to complain, they said I would receive a call or email from the JW Shenzhen to follow up, but I didn’t receive anything yet…

Room Tip: Don't request non-smoking rooms, they don't have any. You can see the non-smoking but they...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stay at the JW on all my trips to Shenzhen area. It is a very professional, comfortable and impressive hotel. After 2 trips in one month last year the door staff remembered my name. Room are awesome, smell great and as a p
Business owner are totally functional for what need.
I think all the US based Marriots can learn a good lesson from the JW in Shenzhen.

• Stayed September 2011
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stay this hotel when I need to biz. trip to Shenzhen...
When I trip from HKG Int. Airport , uses Shuttle Rimo service cost 150 HKG$ and no need to touch with my luggage until I arrive the room ....

At the hotel, I always upgraded to Club/concierge level and use of lounge free and Internet also free...
The hotel lounge also nice to provide meal, sweet, drink even alcohol free..
The room is enough for my self as king room ... and bath and toilet are separated...
The stuff member have hospitality enough and speaking English very well...

At second Fl., there are several restaurant and Japanese, Chinese, Buffett style restaurant , all are very good ... I like to stay this hotel because the restaurant and bar as well ..

Return to HKG INT. Airport by shuttle costs 200 RMB and you do not need to touch the luggage as well ... do not use it after 10PM back and forth otherwise you need to walk through imig. by your self with your luggages...

Room Tip: King room is enough for your Biz. travel !!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
JWMarriott_Shenzhen, Communications Officer at JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Shenzhen and for taking the time to share your kind comments. Satisfaction of our guests is our primary concern and we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. We thank you again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you again.
Shenzhen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have been with them for a few years now and recently I cashed in my JW reward points for a weekend at the JW in SZ with my partner.

I must say although the complex was a little smaller and crowded than most of the other JWs I stayed at the service and room was WOW WOW WOW. They delievered on their platinum member deal with free upgrade of room, small gift parcel on arrival, and they made sure the staff knew my name on check in ( it was my first time to this JW and before I said anything they knew it was me - I still wonder how they do that)

On entering the room the decor was modern, bed was as usual comfy, shower facilities were good, curtains were good as well, could block out the sunlight entirely, and the view was not bad considering they upgraded my room.

If I had to complain about anything it would probably be the carpark was annoying because the spaces are quite tight.

For me, it's the little things that count and JW deliver this with absolute precision.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Delhielhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

This was a good place to be and represents what all we tend to associate with China - opulence, size and splendour.

The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. The staff were certainly very friendly and helpful though a better understanding of English would have helped. This was one hotel where I could get vegetarian food without too much difficulty as compared to other Chinese cities - And to me this is a big positive! Being centrally located added to its attraction.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen? Share your experiences!