“Poor room quality” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen

You added Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen to your Saves list
Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.4088 Yitian Road, Futian District, Shenzhen 518048, China (Huanggang Port)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Business Deal Offer
Ranked #3 of 2,143 Hotels in Shenzhen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Poor room quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

So many hotels near its location. i am surprised it is the worst of the all. The room feels like staying in a 3 stars hotel. the bath room is pale and empty, the room is substandard too.

it is the first time i stayed in this hotel although i have stayed at others near this hotel plenty of times before. this hotel offers me the most expensive rate, but the least standard of quality.

I stay in hotels more than 70 days a year. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Nicholas S, Resident Manager at Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Shenzhen0755,
We were very saddened to hear of your poor stay at the hotel. Your feedback is very important to us, and am grateful for your honesty. I hope you can contact me at your convenience to discuss this further and let me know more details. My email address is nicholas.smith@shangri-la.com. I look forward to your response.

Nicholas Smith.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The girls at the Horizon Club are unbelievably friendly and helpful. They immediately arranged for the room I wanted, helped me with some courier matters. Helped me with a translator for a last minute shopping. Great car service, not a brand new Mercedes but in good condition with a very good fluent english speaking driver from Hong Kong.
Overall my 5 days stay was

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Nicholas S, Resident Manager at Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Carlos M:
Thank you for sharing your recent stay at Futian Shangri-La, Shenzhen. We are thrilled to read about your high regard for our facilities and services, especially how our team were able to accommodate your last minute shopping trip! We strive to provide high quality experiences for both business and leisure travelers, should you require any assistance for your future visit arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

For my business I come often to China, especially in Guandong areas.

As in Shenzhen, from the opening my favorite hotel is Futian Shangri-la, without any doubt, the best business hotel in China.

I got the opportunity to stay in several Shangri-la in china, From Beijing, to Shanghai, to Hong Kong, Hangzhou, Wenzhou, Guangzhou, Wuhan..... The best service and accommodation with related lounge service is provide by Futian Shangri-la......

What make the difference, is the Horizon floor lounge.....
The food, and service are Excellent, the people, professional and friendly......

As soon as I can, I back to this fantastic hotel, feel myself as at home!!!!

The only disadvantage, is the room rate......,,for Horizon floor, the price increase several time (thanks also to the exchange rate) , reach now over 230€ ( all inclusive ). But, trust me value for money is still high, if you consider the fantastic breakfast ( a la carte ) and the great happy hour ( allow to skip the dinner).

If have to meet customer, or supplier, any location shall be the best, as the Horizon have a great space, full equipped with fantastic meeting room ( two ours for day are free of charge).

The spa and gymnasium are fantastic, as the swimming pool..... if like jogging, just outside a fantastic park.....

The locate is also very comfortable, close to the airport, but in a same time, close to the Lo Wu border to come to HK.

If you can, never miss it, you will love it!

Michael

Room Tip: Book the horizon floor, ask a room face to the park!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Michele G,
Thanks for taking your time to share your enjoyable experience with us. Great to know that you are one of loyal guests of Shangri-la in the Southern China region. We are very pleased to note your satisfaction with our breakfast as well as the service at Horizon Club Lounge. It is so great to learn that our facilities and services exceeded your expectations and I am pleased you found our location convenient for Air and Hong Kong Connections. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Nicholas Smith.
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Luxury hotel at a reasonable price. Great location in shenzhen- decent area, close to a large shopping centre. Rooms are huge & comfortable. Great food in the restaurants & room service. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Nicholas S, Resident Manager at Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your kind review on your recent stay at the hotel, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay as much as the surrounding areas. Thank you for the kind notes on the rooms, restaurants and our In room dining options. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best regards, Nicholas Smith
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two times. Both of the experience make me want to stay more.

My June stay was to celebrate my birthday. It's lovely that the hotel send me a cake. Also, I love the buffet in Zen cafe. It was value to money as a wide selection of cuisine is provided cost around $US 50 only. However, the dim sums in Shang Garden didn't meet with my expectations. I dun think its tasty at all as long as its in Shenzhen!

The amenities of the room are great too. Love the tv inside bathroom.

There are many bars, restaurants and a huge shopping malls near the hotel. So the choices of entertainment and dining are wide.

• Stayed June 2013
Nicholas S, Resident Manager at Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear jennsct,

Thanks for taking your time to share your enjoyable experience with us. I am pleased to note your satisfaction with our all-day dining restaurant Café Zen and room amenities. Your compliments are words of motivation for us to consistently provide our guests with exceptional experiences. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

San Francisco, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I travel the world and stay at some pretty nice hotels. One of my favorite hotels in the world is the Shanghai Langham in Xintiandi. Although that hotel is still one of my favorites (for the rooms), the Futian Shangri-La wins hands down in service quality. I stayed in the club level and everyone in the club lounge served me like a king. They went above and beyond the call of duty. This is pretty rare for China, but kudos the the hotel management staff for the excellent training for their staff. the lobby staff was also very pleasant and helpful. Rooms were spotless and always tidy.

Room Tip: if you can, add the club room benefits. you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Nicholas S, Resident Manager at Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear punchshot14,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Futian Shangri-La, Shenzhen. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our service and guestroom. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!

Santa Clara, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The room, the facilities, the service and the food are all top-of-the-line. Despite a harrowing and hectic business trip, the room was always a great place to relax and recuperate before each day. The views of night-time Shenzhen are quite nice too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Arun P:

Thank you for your kind compliments about Futian Shangri-La, Shenzhen. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed our facilities and service and are encouraged by your positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nicholas Smith

Been to Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen? Share your experiences!