I am a gold member of IHG. Their quality is standard. This is the main reason I stayed in Holiday Inn Express Luohu. I received everything I expected: clean room, comfy bed, pillow choices, desk, free wifi, breakfast and excellent staffs.
During my stay, however, I found that A/C was not working properly. I couldn't adjust to the temperature I wanted. On my arrival Shenzhen was hot and I wanted my cool my room down. However the A/C couldn't achieve that. Staff came and checked and couldn't do anything. However the staff were nice enough to keep my A/C on all day long. So every day when I came back the room was cool. (This is not recommended because it's a waste of energy)
Another issue I encountered is that I asked for a non smoking room. I traveled several times to China and always find room with cigarette smell. When I entered my room it smelled cigarette even though it was a non smoking room. Later I found out that people smoke on the hall way or by the elevator and the A/C just pushed the cigarette smoke into my room. This must be improved.
Finally I would recommend to have more western choice for breakfast. Bagel, cream cheese and pancake would be excellent choices. Also scramble egg is a must on daily basis, please don't switch it for other kind of egg, much less tea egg.
I loved the Holiday Inn Express umbrella that I got to use for the last two rainy days of my stay. I loved it to the point that I wanted to buy one. However staff told me that it was not for sell. Too bad.
Overall I received all I expected from IHG brand. Definitely will go back for my next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arriving at Holiday Inn Express Shenzhen Luohu is easy. We're just 38km from Shenzhen International Airport and 3km from Luohu train station. Our modern high-rise hotel is also close to Dajuyuan metro station, where trains speed you to the Central Business District in just 10 minutes. Complimentary wireless Internet in your stylish Guest room keeps you connected.Invite colleagues to Holiday Inn Express Shenzhen Luohu for a conference in our high-tech meeting room. You can print agendas and check email in the 24-hour self-service Business Centre, and it's just 4 metro stops to events at Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Centre. Train services from Luohu station take just 1 hour to reach Hong Kong.It's 3.5km from the hotel to buzzing Huaqiangbei, the place to shop for the very latest in computer and electronic gadgetry. Pick up stylish outfits and leather handbags in huge MixC Shopping Mall, one of the biggest in China, or hop in a taxi to haggle for bargains in the shoppers' paradise of Dongmen district and Luohu Commercial City.Chinese congee porridge is served alongside western choices like poached eggs and toast at Holiday Inn Express Shenzhen Luohu 's complimentary breakfast buffet. Relax on the sofas in our vibrant Great Room, and enjoy a beer with friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Shenzhen Luohu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Luohu Shenzhen Hotel Shenzhen
- Holiday Inn Express Shenzhen
- Holiday Inn Shenzhen