“Getting tired” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Central Hotel

You added Golden Central Hotel to your Saves list
Golden Central Hotel
4.0 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   No.3037 Jintian Road, Futian District, Shenzhen 518026, China (Civic Center)   |
Ranked #194 of 2,143 Hotels in Shenzhen
Manche, France
“Getting tired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed her 4 years ago and the place looked shiny and new; beginning to look a bit tatty round the edges now.
Superb location, close to the Exhibition centre and near all the city centre eateries, and bonus is the hotel is accessed direct from the metro station, so transport around the city is so easy.
Room was clean if a little dingy as it didn't have a window (was told before I booked it).
My room was a bit noisy as it was the first room after the reception, choose a higher floor.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from reception, as mine was right next door at a bit noisy
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is my second stay in this property and is worth recommending.
This is excellent property to stay in Shenzhen. Location is ideal for business traveller.
Rooms are very neat, clean, bright, vibrant interiors.
Excellent service, Rich brekfast menu.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Security is very important to me, and I had a scare in this hotel. It has an excellent location - walking distance to the convention centre, next to a big mall and the metro station is located at the basement. What made me nervous was that there is no security - anyone could just walk into the lift and press the button for your floor. He could then walk right past the doors that say "guests only" and right up to your room. I heard funny noises at night, and I read a review that said they had visits from sleazy characters - so travellers please take care & take this into consideration.

Another thing that I was upset about was the staff was quite rude upon check-in. I was there for a conference and there was this paperlist floating around. My lucky name was missing from this paper, and she refused to check me in although I provided other proofs of conference attendance. Grr. She even suggested I stay with my male colleague first. That was so ridiculous.

Overall, if I had to stay in Shenzhen, I may still choose this hotel if I am not travelling alone, for safety reasons. Otherwise, I'd rather check in elsewhere, or better still, stay in Hongkong and commute in.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Norway, Around the Capitol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel is situated in the middle of the city, close to the subway. More lines are coming, but one just now.
Rooms are good and service is excellent.
They also have a VIP club in the same building.
Excellent recreation after a long business day.
Spa, sauna, pool, massage. All staff are serious and good.
A bit high prize, but worth it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

First thing i notice about this hotel was its location. it is very convenient and it is just above a metro station. I stayed at 15th floor for 12 nights.

Room: Generally, i don't have any big problems with my room, except i think all the rooms are not soundproof. At night, i heard loud TV sound from my 'neighbour'. The room has got computer for guest to use for free! No comment of bed and bathroom. One more thing about their room cleaning service.. I don't think housekeepers vacuum carpet everyday.. i dropped some nut shells but ignored.. then, I saw those shells on the carpet when i returned to hotel next day after work.. i checkout after that, so i don't know if those shells still there :P

Location: Next to the hotel, there is a mall with Carrefour supermarket, restaurants, and of course, retail shops (a lot of local brands) ... not far away, there is COCO PARK which is my favorite shopping mall. There are more shops (international brands), good or better restaurants compared to the one next to the hotel. COCO Park has JUSCO supermarket too.. Due to its location, this hotel is rather popular.. Full house almost everyday! Also, this hotel is surrounded by 5 star hotels, e.g. Sheraton, Ritz-Carlton and Shangri-La...

I want to try other hotels next time when i visit shenzhen again... if i only afford cheaper rate,. i will return to Golden Central..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

Good spacious, neat and clean rooms, English speaking staff, conveniently located above Metro Station. Nearby shopping, eating places, banks, etc. Well connected by Road and Metro to Shenzhen. Good place forbusiness trip.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I travelled from Malaysia to Shenzhen, then to Huizhou, Shunde and back to Shenzhen. On my last stop in Shenzhen, I had a business meeting at Kerry Plaza. I stayed the night at this hotel. Check in was quick and pleasant. The bell boy did not expect any tips, which I found suprising due to my past experiences in similar hotels. The staff at the reception spoke decent english. So far, I was happy. Unfortunately, it ends here.
The bell boy showed me to my room and I was shocked to see how small the room was and the bathroom was smaller than other standard hotels. This did not match the price at all. The large window panes were impressive. However, I could not get a decent view as it was very dirty.
The bed or should I say the divan was squeaky. It squeaked everytime I moved a muscle. Finally, at checkout, the staff billed me for using the nail-clipper, which I didn't. After a 10-minute stand-off, they gave in and removed it from my bill. A piece of advice to those who plan to stay here, please check all chargable items in your room. The plus point of this place is the location. It is at the business district of Shenzhen.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Golden Central Hotel? Share your experiences!