“Looks "good" on the outside” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Interlaken OCT Hotel

You added The Interlaken OCT Hotel to your Saves list
The Interlaken OCT Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   East Dameisha, Yantian District, Shenzhen 518083, China (Dameisha)   |
Ranked #33 of 2,133 Hotels in Shenzhen
Hong Kong, China
“Looks "good" on the outside”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Like most things in China, the outside is always a deception on what is in the inside. What it meant to be a six star establishment really meant that each of the services and amenities offered inside the hotel is one star each, adding up to a total of six stars. Poor maintainence, poor managment, lousy food quality, poor transportation arrangements, and the list goes on. I arrived at Zone A of the bus depot where I thought a hotel shuttle would be picking us up. However, upon arrival, we were asked to take a public bus No. 909 which would take us to the hotel. The bus was essentially for staff going around the facilities. In addition to the CNY 10 for each passenger, we had to take with us all the lugguages and golf clubs on board. Frankly, the experience getting to the hotel was not a pleasant one. Don't expect anything special out of this hotel. The only thing that is six star in this hotel is the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcom D, at The Interlaken OCT Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at our Interlaken OCT Hotel. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We would work hard on our customer service within each department and hope that you will come back and try us again. Thanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back at our OCT East Theme Hotel Cluster on your next visit to Shenzhen. Best Wishes!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The first review i ever write in tripadvisor.

The staff in concierge, reject all your reasonable request in poor attitude.

The waitress in Chinese restaurant on 6/F, no service to my family after we wait 15 minutes.The waitress no response to the question you ask her.

5 stars priced but 0 star service.
Not recommended to stay in this hotel if you want a little bit of services.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcom D, at The Interlaken OCT Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
It is our main goal to provide our guests with a pleasant stay and we are very sorry to read about your complaints. Your comment is highly appreciated and it will be forwarded to our appropriate department and we hope you would see an improvement in the condition you mentioned in future.

Thanks for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back at our OCT East Theme Hotel Cluster on your next visit to Shenzhen. Best Wishes!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We spent our CNY holiday there. My family with small children booked 3 ngts fully prepaid. We were shocked when check-in at the hotel because the front desk told me that we have booked only 2 nights and NEVER paid. I requested the third night room staying because we have no where to go with luggages and small children. They said that hotel was full house. we ran to the room and phoned to travel agent. They were very sure my booking was 3 nights with fully paid. They hold the line trying to call to hotel researvation to get immediate confirmation, after 20 minutes no one pick-up the call. After 4 times phone calls (everytime over 15 mins with hotels.com and 3 times face to face checking with front desk staff). They told me to come again the following day because reservation dept. was off-duty. We spent more than 2 hours for this matter and did not go sight-seeing on the first day as we were very much worried. In the next morning I wrote a letter to front desk explain my situation (no place to stay with small children) and request their help to arrange the third night staying in any case. Also, I remembered that I had another CANCELLED reservation with other agency for 2 nights (different room type) but I have been cancelled on end of Jan. After the breakfast a lady of front desk phoned me and said they will arranged the same room letting us to stay one more night and the room have been paid. I asked them the reason they said that they never received the cancellation notification from first booking that why they used the wrong booking of our staying. I WONDER that how possible both reservation and front desk dept. made the same mistake never check the booking reference number ! No apologize from the hotel and I think they were trying to cover the mistake!
About the hotel and factilies : We had dinner buffet and breakfast at coffeeshop the food and service was disappointment. Furniture in room and balcony very old, Ipod docking doesn't worked at all but house keeping was good. We were surprised that the windows in the toliet and balcony door (facing to the road) were opened after house keeping cleaned. Interlaken Hot spring also poor maintainence too! The SPA restaurant food was good but service below standard. ONLY Environment was good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Marcom D, at The Interlaken OCT Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at our Interlaken OCT Hotel. We are so sorry to hear of the issue you experienced during your stay. Your comment is highly appreciated and it will allow us to serve you better in future. We would enhance communication between our hotel and travel agent to avoid mistakes, on the other hand, we would work hard on our customer service within each department and hope that you will come back and try us again.

Once again we apologise that you were disappointed with your stay and we hope you will have a change of mind and return to our Interlaken OCT Hotel where we hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Thanks for your advice and we look forward to welcoming you back at our OCT East Theme Hotel Cluster on your next visit to Shenzhen. Best Wishes!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel needs urgent improvement in staff training and transportation arrangement!

I bought a hotel and transportation package from China Travel Agency. The CTS bus dropped us at Zone B17 of the OCT carpark and told us to wait for the hotel shuttle. Yes, CTS did tell me there would be hotel shuttle of which I needed to pay RMB10. We waited at B17 for more than half an hour but could not see any hotel shuttle. We had to find our own way to the hotel. No taxi was available in the area and at last we were told that we should take the No. 909 bus. My god! I couldn't imagine that I should take the bus to this 5 star hotel. The worst thing was when we finally found the bus stop, we saw a very long queue waiting. So, this was what being offered to the hotel guest! When I checked out my room and politely asked the counter staff whether there was hotel transportation down to the OCT car-park. She told me either to take the bus 909 or the theme park train and then change the cable car. Again, no taxi or hotel transportation could be arranged. So, this hotel is simply telling me not to come back!!

The hotel counter ladies generally did not have any courtesy. When I checked in, one lady staff told me to go to the counter on the other side. When I went to the other side, the lady there told me to go back to the original counter where I came. When I politely told her that I was actually sent by her colleagues to go there, she gave me an angry face and did the check in, obviously with much reluctance. The staff that we encountered in the counter and also the cafe were generally impolite and lack of courtesy! For an expensive hotel like this, I don't know why the service is at such standard!

That said, the room is spacious and generally clean. The theme park is good for relaxation, but I won't go there again unless the hotel pick up is improved!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcom D, at The Interlaken OCT Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay at our Interlaken OCT Hotel!

it’s our mission to provide exceptional experience by striving to delight each guest through consistent display of caring services, we are very sorry that you had a such unpleasant impression about our service and we are sorry for the inconveniences you experienced upon your arrival at OCT East car-park.

Your negative comment is highly appreciated and it will be forwarded to our management, meanwhile, we will enhance our service training and make good communication with OCT East management on the transportation issue. We would work hard on the issues you mentioned and hope that you will come back and try us again.

Thank you again for your comment and it will allow us to serve you better in future. We look forward to welcoming you back at our OCT East Theme Hotel Cluster on your next visit to Shenzhen.

Best Wishes!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife and 9 month old son for 2 days/1 night.

When I checked in the receptionist said that my travel agent had booked me for a twin bedroom instead of the single large bed one. I explained to her that my son needed to sleep inbetween my wife and myself to prevent him from falling off thr sides of the bed.

She said sorry but I would have to add about USD 50 to get that single bed.

I called my travel agent and he said that on the hotel's partnership website, it had clearly stated that this type of room was available.

I then asked if they could push the two beds together and she said no.

I then asked her if she wanted me to look the website up for her to show her but she said no and that she would look into it later.

After about 30 minutes of arguing she finally gave her manager a call and the manager agreed to give me the single bed room.

Now off to the room.

The room she gave me was still a twin bedroom. I called downstairs and she told me she had made a mistake. She gave me the new room number and I went there and waited about 15-20 minutes before the bellboy brought up the new key.

The next day was quite bad weather and I called down to see if I could get a later checkout to stay in the hotel for a few hours later to see if the weather would get any better.

She said said NO and that the hotel was fully packed but I felt that the hotel was quite empty.

I travel around the world very frequently and stay in quite a lot of hotels year round and most do accommondate me for this if the hotel isnt packed

So my suggestion to you.

DO NOT stay in this hotel.

The 5 star Sheraton is about 15 minutes away and their service is absolutely astounding.

Everything besides the hotel staff and attitude is great though.

The park, the shows, all good.

• Stayed November 2012
Marcom D, at The Interlaken OCT Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are sorry to hear of the issues you experienced during your stay.

Thank you again for letting us know about your issues while staying with us, we hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our OCT East Theme Hotel Cluster on your next visit to Shenzhen. Best Wishes!
Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Moist smell inside the room. Poor food quality in the restaurant. Egg without egg taste, tomato without tomato taste. Roasted beef is dry. No wifi in room. called " interlaken" but have to paid if u wanna visit the lake.

• Stayed August 2012
Marcom D, at The Interlaken OCT Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at our Interlaken OCT Hotel. We are sorry to hear of the issues you experienced during your stay. Your comment is highly appreciated and it will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and we hope you would see improvement at your next stay. Thanks again for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back at our OCT East Theme Hotel Cluster on your next visit to Shenzhen. Best Wishes!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Very sincere staff there. The official check-in time is 2pm, but we arrived at 10.30am; they felt sorry that we waited for so long, and the room still not available at 2pm, so they offered us a free upgrade. The duplex is very well cleaned, no smell, no stain.

The room feature the Bose sound system, speakers are installed not only around the TV, but also in the dinning area; with the HBO movie channel available, good to watch movie with this setup.

The view is magnificent, overview of the lake, and part of the park behind.

The down is, facilities totally relying on the "paid-only" area (i.e. the theme park, the spa center), no swimming pool, only the gym center is part of the hotel, which is disappointing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Marcom Executive at The Interlaken OCT Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback to your recent stay at our Interlaken OCT Hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoy staying with us and we appreciate you taking the time to comment. Guest can enjoy swimming for free at our Parkview O•City Hotel and Oasis O•City Hotel by showing the room key. If you don't mind, please leave us your email address, we will add you to our newsletter and special offer will be provided for your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our OCT East Theme Hotel Cluster on your next visit to Shenzhen. Best wishes!

Been to The Interlaken OCT Hotel? Share your experiences!