“a great find in this remote harbor !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 139 Restaurants in Shantou
Cuisines: Dessert, Italian, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Provence Town is one of the newest classy Western restaurants in Shantou. We hope you’ll find food, drinks, and an atmosphere to remind you of home.
Shantou, China
“a great find in this remote harbor !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I and two friends were delighted to come onto Provence after hearing about it recently by word of mouth - this was the first real steak I have had in China, after being here in Shantou for some time - we were pleased likewise with the side dishes (mainly, fries and nachos) and with the service - may I thus add my high rating to those others, making this a uniformly stellar report card among those of us who actually stayed to have a meal. KR7

• Visited January 2014

Xiamen, China
“The manage to scare me away before I even ordered”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

based on the good reviews it had on TripAdvisor we decided to try this place. I even read a comment of an American business man referring to it as a home away from home, well then i don't want to know what his home looks like.

positive:
- the outside of the restaurant looks nice

negative
- person who opened the door: did not greet me, while i did greet her. also she did not look happy
- then i walk in a to an empty restaurant, well it looks empty as the few people that are in the restaurant are all hidden behind huge couches, completely no atmosphere.
- then I walk passed the bar where a group (app. 5) of employees, and maybe also the owner are hanging and standing at the bar, and one even sitting on the floor behind it. When i greet them they all seemed to have lost their tongues as i did not get any reply, only some annoyed looks. I already felt uncomfortable and now also not welcome at all
- We then get the menu and the waitress then finalizes this bad experience: I had to order for a minimum of 186rmb!! My wife and I then walked away.

We will never come back to a place like that, and recommend others to avoid this place. I cannot judge the food, but do the math: a company so little involved with its customers will also not be caring about quality food.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shantou
“One of the best places in China to have a steak dinner !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a great place for singles, couples or groups to have dinner. The steaks are really nice and my favorite but they have a great snack and dessert menu as well. Now thats done lets talk about the cocktails they are really mixed the way we like them (strong) if thats the way you like them. The managers name is Jay and he speaks really good english and very professional. The staff works really hard to make sure that you are taken care of during your visit. When your finished if needed they will grab you taxi if needed. Great Service !

Now for the quality and price you cant and will not get any better in Shantou for western food. Speaking for the cocktails and steaks they may have the best deal in China.

The place is a little out of the way or I should say hidden. They keep the place clean and its decorated nice. They have booths as well as private rooms and free wifi.

We have dinner here every time we visit shantou and that want change for us.

• Visited October 2013
Shantou
“Even better than Shanghai for half the price. Feels like a home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe a place like Provence Town exists in Shantou, a small tier-3 city far removed from the cosmopolitan areas of Shenzhen and Guangzhou!

I absolutely love the cocktails and the beef tenderloin is outstanding. Truly authentic and the service is great and attentive. Ask for Jay, the bar manager. He speaks great English, understands what foreigners want, and is quite friendly.

I don't mess around, and this place is as good or better than the majority of Western restaurants I've been to in Shanghai. As an American businessman often in Shantou, I consider this place my kitchen, living room, and social gathering venue.

• Visited September 2013
Shantou, China
“They serve good cocktail, risotto and snacks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

One of the very rare western restaurants that served both real western food and classic cocktail in town. I tried a few cocktail such as mojito and bloody mary and ordered ox tail soup, risotto and vanilla pudding, all of them are surprisingly good! Will definitely go back!

• Visited October 2013