“2nd review of same hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Yapojiao Coastal Tourist Area, Huizhou 516347, China   |
Ranked #4 of 348 Hotels in Huizhou
4.5 of 5 stars 54 Reviews
Macau, China
“2nd review of same hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

it's my second time to this same resort on a weekend - witnessed more guests but the large site area has enough room for everyone to enjoy. it's happening with more and improved experiences, Must try the beef and chicken sliders new on menu. Enjoy classic English and Chinese numbers from Shanghainese singer in the cigar lounge on your evenings over great wine. I just didnt have enough of the vast ocean and seabreeze. Will be back in summer for the beach....!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
LEON JEN L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your gracious acknowledgement. We strive to improve continuously. Your next trip will reveal to you more improvements. Our staff just gets better and better. Thank you.

Leon Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

That's my second time to visit here, I got an enjoyable stay in the beautiful hotel. The room is big, clean and comfortable with an excellent sea view. All staffs are friendly and helpful with high standard of services.
Don't forget to have a drink in the Beach Bar if you like Jazz or classical music,breathtakingly beautiful !
Great hotel, very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Corner suite is large and sunny
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Mona L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Louisa C,

On behalf of the whole staff I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay. I am glad you enjoyed the Jazz Bar.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

When we (my husband, I and two friends) arrived at this hotel we were welcomed by the General Manager and his staff. Throughout our two-day stay we continued to receive very personal service. The hotel has a beautiful grand lobby with a large aquarium in the center. The suite that my husband and I stayed in on the 20th floor, room 2019, was enormous with a spacious balcony. We enjoyed expansive views of the beach and one evening a fire works display. We had two very good night's sleep here. The mattress and bedding were of high quality and comfortable. The room is well lit and clean. I am sorry to say that we took full advantage of the free wireless internet which was reliable and fast. We took a look at the large indoor pool (the outdoor pool was still closed for the season) and wished that we had had time to swim and read or play games poolside. There is a nice exercise room with billiards and ping pong in adjoining rooms. A spa is still in the planning. We toured the surrounding area on foot and by free shuttle. There are some good amenities soon to come. It took my husband and I almost an hour to walk the full length of the beach. We were told that the beautiful sand was brought in. There were some rocky coastal areas close to the hotel where we observed other guests tide pooling. On our first evening we shared a very delicious Chinese meal with some of the best dumplings and doufu we have tasted. The following evening we sampled their western fare in the bar. My husband ordered borscht and spaghetti bolognaise while I had fettuccine alfredo. We also enjoyed the salad bar. Each night we spent a while in the bar listening to Ms. Only sing 1930's jazz numbers (in both English and Chinese) accompanied by Ray on the piano. These two are exceptional live entertainers. We don't drink, so I sipped lemon water while my husband imbibed a cup of Ovaltine. Our evening meals and the after-dinner entertainment were definitely the highlight of our stay. Hopefully our next visit will involve more time for relaxing and less time staying connected with work.

Dear Sister Anderson,

What detailed and complimentary words you wrote! My team and I are surely motivated to work more diligently to serve and please our guests. Thank you so much for your kind comments and taking the time to let our potential guests know about our achievements in this corner of China.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

As a frequent visitor to China. this is the best experience. It is a very good hotel for a relaxed and resilience trip. hotel room is clean, spacious and well-ventilation in place. although the property is next to the beach, you will not feel wet around. And it is shocked to find there is a good bar, the performers can play very good Jazz, old ShangHai style. Overall, very value for money.

Dear Bo-losophy,

Your acknowledgement will be shared, after translation, with all employees of the hotel. We believe in always telling employees when they have delighted a guest or guests.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I am an American who's been living (and frequenting hotels) in China for just over 11 years. The combination of location, great service and convenience puts this hotel in the "Best" category.

First know that because I am familiar with (and accustomed to) life in mainland China, we chose what was perhaps an optimal time of year for our stay. During the Chinese New Year holiday most people return to their home towns and spend time with family, so during our stay at the hotel, there were none of the typical crowds or lines, and the beach was not crowded at all.

About an hour’s drive from Shenzhen, this hotel sits right on the beach. It is beautifully landscaped and cared for. There are bars and restaurants to fit most people's desires, and even a good sized store where we bought the bathing suits the boys forgot, snacks and misc other items.

Our room was quite spacious and comfortable, with a great view from the balcony of the beach and sea. In China there are always little things missing that one would expect in the finest hotels. Here those little things were few and far between, and it only took a quick phone call to get extra towels and slippers delivered to the room.

I had the great pleasure of meeting the manager of the hotel. He too is an American, so his English is excellent and he is also fluent in Mandarin. (I don't speak Cantonese, so I don't know if he does or not) His name is Leon Lee, and he went well above and beyond the call in making me and my family feel both pampered and at home.

I must commend Mr. Lee on making this hotel a pleasant stay for any foreign visitor. From the English speaking staff, to the (legally imported) USDA choice beef in the restaurant, (the very best steak I’ve had in China) he’s put his knowledge of westerners and hospitality on display for the benefit of me and my family, and you should you choose to stay here.

All of the staff I interacted with was equally helpful and friendly. We were met at the door by Carlos, who my youngest quickly befriended, and a young man eager to help with our bags. Carlos and several of the staff in the lobby can also speak English, so if you don't speak Chinese you should have no trouble getting help with most things.

We had a relaxing and refreshing weekend, and will likely return to this hotel soon.

P.S. I am not rating the Spa or breakfast because we did not make use of them. My kids brought Frosted Flakes and milk.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
LEON JEN L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the sincere and wonderful acknowledgement. I will certainly share you comments with the entire hotel team, so we do more of what pleases guests, and eradicate those things which do not.

Thank you.

Leon J Lee
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My Chinese friends were shocked to find there was such a beautiful place so close to Shenzhen. This place is a secret weekend getaway in the winter months as it is very busy in the summer. It is very easy to get to from Shenzhen, the hotel is grand, rooms had splendid views and the service was intimate. I felt completely rejuvinated after walking solo on the beach early in the morning and sunbathing on my patio with 180 degree jawdropping views. The bonus was a romantic dinner of steak and wine, and being entertained at the bar by the jazz pianist and vocalist. Lots of sophistication in a very inviting and comfortable way. Highly recommend this to my friends and family and upgrading to the suite.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
LEON JEN L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your gracious comments. You are right, it is indeed, “the best kept secret” of southern China. The bay is beautiful and the water clean. So is the crisp, sea air, especially to those who are from one of China’s major cities. My staff and I look forward to your return.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This Hotel continues to keep high standrads and also from the General Manager Mr Lee right down to the minute you arrive everyone makes you feel right at home. They have excellent food good variety both at the Restaurant and the Bar, they have everything here to help you to enjoy your stay, they have live music in the bar each night, plus if you wanted to have a party they can cater for this well, which has a lovely setting at the beach. This is a lovely hotel and more importantly have a woundeful and friendly staff always putting the customer first.

Room Tip: All rooms have excellent views of the Ocean,
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
LEON JEN L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Mr. Martin,
Thank you for the positive input. You and the hotel team weathered what was for Huizhou, “The Storm of The Decade”. We are doubly grateful that you gave us an uplifting review despite the fallen trees, messy beach, churning seas, and water everywhere. We are back to normal. The sea water is clean and the beach has been rejuvenated all awaiting your return in a few months.

Leon J. Lee

Been to Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!