I come a 3/4 times per year in Dongguan, each time for 10/15 days for work reasons. I usually stay at Pullman hotel and this was the first time at Royal Lagoon.
Overall the hotel is good.
The location is definitely the biggest plus, very green and quite a bit outside of the mess and crowd of the other more centrally located hotel. For sure if you're there only for a few days business it's not too important but if you have to spend as well a weekend as we normally do in our 2 weeks trips it could be ok.
The park surrounding is good for running, biking or just to have a walk around.
The hotel is still good but starts to be a bit old so a newer hotel like Pullman is more welcoming, newer and with nicer rooms and more comfortable beds.
Breakfast is good and with a lot of variety from continental, american and asian type of food, i personally prefer the quality and choice of pullman.
There are many restaurants, in particular the japanese and the brasial bbq are good. Buffet restaurant ok but not great.
There are several swimming pools (indoor and outdoor) and fitness centers. There is also a spa but the prices for the treatments are aligned with european/american standards so not very attractive considering you're in china and with 2 euro taxi you can go to a very nice massage center downtown which is WAY cheaper.
So ... definitely a good chioce for a trip especially if you prefere to be in a quite and more green place, pretty difficult to find in dongguan. Everything is good, I have nothing to complain. But if you don't care about the green areas and prefer to be in a more modern and better place I would recomend to go to Pullman.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Dongguan Royal Lagoon Hotel
- Sofitel Dongguan Royal Lagoon Hotel Dongguan
- Sofitel Dongguan
- Accor Dongguan Royal Lagoon
- Dongguan Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located nearby the Huying Park, and facing a lake on one side, and a wild forest on the other side, it is the ideal place to disconnect from work and worries. The 2 swimming pools, the spa, and the sport facilities are dedicated to well being and relaxation. The complex is also a perfect setting for your events, with its 22 meeting rooms up to 1000 people. ROOMS： 268 rooms, including 10 opera suites, and 21 prestige suites, 3 villas and 1 imperial suite with private fitness centre and meeting room. The bedrooms offer splendid views of the lake, the swimming pool and the garden.F&B： • Cafe Royal: travel around the world with an international buffet and live cooking. • Garden Bistro: taste fine dining cuisine, with French and Italian touches with view on our peacock garden. • BB’s: our Brazilian churrascaria for meat lovers. Terrace facing the swimming pool. • Sugi: enjoy a Japanese fine dining restaurant. Teppanyake, sushi bar and private tatami rooms available. • Fragrant Pavilion: try out the local specialties in our Cantonese restaurant. 3 bars are available: the Mardi Gras Bar, the Lobby Bar，the wine bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Ctrip DaoDao, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sofitel Dongguan Royal Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.