“Wonderful hotel” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 stars 455 Reviews
Singapore
“Wonderful hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Have always been staying this hotel when it was under the Sofitel group.

Hotel still looks exactly the same. Service staff seem to have a better command of English now though. However, after 2.5 years since my last visit, Xiamen seems to have changed quite a fair bit. The obvious changes are that, there are more overhead bridges, dustbins and people do not light up that much indoors.

Back to the hotel, it's worthwhile choosing a club floor room! Room wise, it is the same as the normal ones but the perks are free wifi within the hotel and complimentary access to the club lounge which made us very happy with the free flow of drinks and snacks available.

However, I thought I read in the hotel's guide that there are butler service for club floor guests. However, not that we required but was a tad disappointed when I called Front Desk asking for assistance to reconfirm my flight and they transferred me to Business Office who in turn advised that I should call the airlines myself. No big deal about it, but thought it could have been better handled.

Overall, still my preferred hotel when I go to Xiamen.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
JGRM, EAM-Rooms at Pan Pacific Xiamen, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to share with us your positive and construction comments.

I am glad to know that Pan Pacific Xiamen will always be your preferrred choice of accommodation, especially your stay with us at the Club Level. I would like to confirm that we do have our butler services available during the Club operational hours, and please accept my sincerest apologies if you were not being assisted by the butlers for your ticket confirmation.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Xiamen in the future and I will hope to have the pleasure of meeting you at that time!

Pan Pacific Xiamen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I'm a frequent returning guest, since this property 1st opened as a Sofitel brand product. Throughout the transition to a Pan Pacific brand, this property has maintained a high level of consistency both in its staff service levels and Food & Beverage operations - its frankly difficult to find anything close to the standards offered up by the Pan Pacific in this market. Xiamen is a terrific city for tourism, as well as an emerging business hub for foreign and overseas Chinese investment. I see many foreign and domestic business people returning year after year to this property. Most ...if not all ....share my opinion ...that its one of the best business hotel options in the city . Pan Pac offers up terrific food choices with the 4th floor chinese option taking my all time favourite in the entire city. Caesars on 3 provides consistant quality at really attractive prices. A must try is one of their thin crust / wood oven Pizzas or their special parma / mushroom Linguini, I recommend the BBQ option if you wish to enjoy the ambience of the pool with western / asian fusion dishes. My recent stay was a duration in excess of 3 weeks. Every aspect of my business requirements, recreation activities and F&B expectations were met and frankly (on occasion) exceeded by Elisa and her staff at Oasis bar as well as Angel / Lilly at Hi Tien Lo on the 4th floor. The 3rd floor breakfast peak period can at times be a little too crowded, due to some convention activity. I suggest large convention groups be moved, for their and other guest convenience, to the 4th floor which should reduce the high congestion b'fast traffic between 7:30 and 9:00 a.m. currently existing at Caesars on 3. I suggest that business travellers with slightly higher expectations, should always make inquiry about the availability of the Pacific Club rooms as well as the business/ club service area on the 28th floor, to enjoy a peaceful and quiet breakfast environment. The single area where this property requires some further "attention to detail" is in regard to their GHA loyalty program. The list of "local experience options" offered up to members achieving their highest level of loyalty is frankly in a single word.... "disappointing." How about offering a memorable round of golf at one of the many famous golf attractions that Xiamen has become so famous, as a regional destination golf resort ? Possibly a power yacht or saliling experience at one of the 3 new facilities recently opened on the island ? The loyalty program as it presently exists is a detractor to an otherwise outstanding property. Attempting to make a "local experience arrangement" with GHA on anything less than 10 days prior notice is an impossibility. I will return to Xiamen soon and hope to enjoy some more Pan Pacific hospitality, as the property and management attitude truly reflects the soul and excitement of Xiamen city and its environment.

Room Tip: Western view of Hai Chang / Long Hai / Nan Tai Wu or room with "08" are generally best vie...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I have been staying in the hotels for the couples of years, even before they change its names. Upon on all of my stays, they never disappointed me. They provide consistently high quality of services in a lot of areas, not only limited to Front desk, rooms, Chinese cuisine, bar, business centre, local tours.... Besides, its location is excellent for both business and leisure. At last, it is good value for money!!

Room Tip: The one that face the sea (on the off side of the hotel entrance).
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Pan Pacific Suzhou in August. That was one of the reasons for me to stay at Pan Pacific Xiamen for two nights during my recent trip to China. I was not disappointed. The room appeared to be renovated recently. It is clean, spacious and tastefully furnished. The many lights and mirrors brighten the room. Most Chinese hotels offer hard mattress and thin and soft pillows. Similar to other chain hotels (Sheraton, Marriott etc), the bed and pillows in Pan Pacific Xiamen are very comfortable. The bathroom has a big bathtub and a separate shower room. It was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

The brand name 'Sofitel' still appears on your credit card statement. But it's a Pan Pacific for quit some time now. We like it. Light spacious rooms with great bathrooms. Quit, even silent rooms. Good value for money. Take a club room, it's worth it.

First time we stayed here, no one at the door to pick up our suitcases. In the room, we had to wait for over 30 minutes before our suitcases arrived. The second time we stayed, doormen were helpfull but we still had to wait too long for our suitcases to arrive at our room.

Some details were missing. No flowers, fruit and newspaper as promissed. And my GHA membership was ignored. We mentioned this and it was corrected immediatly, a box of chocolates included. The second time we stayed here, everything was in place.
For us, the matress is too firm. A soft deck was provided (we will ask double next time). At our second stay it was already in our room (an upgrade to a junior suite). The second time the staff gave us a feeling of belonging.

English is difficult, but still ok. Make sure that you check your arrangements with concierge carefully. We had some problems with a driver who was not well briefed. Just ask the friendly club staff to help you with whatever you need. And when you are really in need of some extra attention, ask the fabulous mr. Tetsuya.

The outdoor pool is nice, but a few pool beds would have been welcome.
The brochure tells you about the stunning river view. It's a view, but certainly not stunning.

The location is ok. ATM next door. Some shops. Taxi is cheap (airport RMB 35, city/ferry about RMB 10-15).

When you stay in Xiamen, this is a good and safe choise.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to share your experiences with us.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the unpleasant experiences that you encountered during your first visit. Nevertheless, I am pleased to learn that your second visit with us was an enjoyable one. Thank you for recognizing Mr. Tetsuya in particular, and I am sure to share your comments with him.

Your preferences in regards to your room requirements (bed preference) has also been noted in our guest profile.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Xiamen and to Pan Pacific!

Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Overall attention to detail, food and how friendly the employees were just great. This was our first stay and when we come back in March for the Stone Fair we will definetely stay here. We wish we discovered this hotel earlier.

Room Tip: Stay in the Club Room and ensure that you try PIZZA which is out of this world!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Pan Pacific Xiamen, and thank you for sharing your positive experiences with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and Pizza at Pacific Club, and hope to be able to see you again in March during the Stone Fair Convention.

Do let us know if there is anything that we can assist with your upcoming reservation!

Hope to see you soon.

Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Amazing Business Hotel with a first class service! 24h food order service :) very nice restaurants within the hotel and cheap authentic chinese restaurants in the near. Breakfast and Dinner was excellent! Had a stay for 2 days in a standard room with view to the hotel pool. Check-in procedure was fast and without any problems.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments regarding the Hotel's facilities and services. It is always a pleasure to be recognized.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Xiamen in the near future.

Pan Pacific Xiamen

Been to Pan Pacific Xiamen? Share your experiences!