“Excellent choice in Xiamen” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Xiamen Harbour

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo Xiamen Harbour to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Xiamen Harbour
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.16 Lujiang Road, Siming District, Xiamen 361001, China   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #110 of 1,047 hotels in Xiamen
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent choice in Xiamen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed there last fall, a great small hotel right across from the Gulanyu island. My room is kind of small, but very well appointed and has a great view of harbour. The toilet is super modern and intuitive. Staff are very friendly during my stay there. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in Xiamen. The hotel is very cozy, and during check in we were being upgrade to the indigo special view room. We like the colorful design in the room, and the toilet is automatically. The staff speaks good English in the lobby. The hotel location is in the CBD area and within walking distance to the boat ferry. The breakfast is very good. I like the lovely hotel.

Room Tip: If you like bath, you can choose the indigo special view room or city view room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Chengdu, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Really love this hotel . Lobby is a little small but very well designed, and brings me a kind of bright and refreshing style. Check-in service is very fast and the attitude is nice too.

Guest room is so beautiful that I cannot move my eyes since I enter in. Wall painting, tea set, bookrack, even a tissue box is very delicate. The sea view from the room is one of the best scenery I ever seen and it can take the panorama of Gulangyu Island in a glance. Furthermore, the closestool is automatic; it surprised my son and makes him very excited.

The restaurant is also amazing. Food is delicious, and service is good too. Some local foods are my first time to eat, and the flavour is quite impressive.

Excellent hotel! I will definitely choose it when I come to Xiamen again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have spent much time in hotels in all continents, and Hotel Indigo in Xiamen ranks among the best. Their attitude, attention to quality details and the total experience is well worth the visit.

As you enter the modern hotel entry, you arwe welcomed by lobby hosts. They have thrown away receptionists, and hosts seem to have had an energizing effect, because this attitude follows you during the entire stay. The attentiveness wherever you go is discreet and courteous. The staff seem to enjoy their job, and the cooperation at work as well.

The rooms are worth the stay on their own. Fine details in the corner of the shower and toilet are found from the old traditional buildings in Xiamen, and are from that perspective promoting the culture of the region. The same applies to numerous paintings and pictures in the rooms, corridors and restaurant. An excellent idea which the hotel could promote stronger and give more background for in their introduction book in the rooms.

The walk in shower which gives two kind of rain shower effects is among the best hotel showers I have seen. Delicate stone walls and floor accentuate the feeling of a high class hotel. The flat screen TV elevates into the work desk, and the near wall to wall windows give the feeling of sitting with a birds view of the beatiful harbour overlooking the Gulangyu island.

It is impressive that the hotel is able to maintain such a standard considering the relatively small number of rooms. Thanks heaven for hotels like this, - they make you feel at home when you are travelling.

Small detail for improvement: The card reader in the elevator needs adjustment, - you have to know the trick to get a quick response when you want to register which floor to go to. Strangely enough the card reader for the room works very well.

Room Tip: Harbour view recommended. Use the hotel restaurant. This restaurant is reasonably priced and has an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

very nice hotel , have stayed approx 6 times in Xiamen , and this hotel features in my top 2
the decor is nice and new , the staff do try hard to please , and help me with flight info , how to book online etc etc , the view from my room is great , and my room is great too i have pictures i will up load
it right opposite gulangyu island which is a major tourist attraction , the beach is very close also
i went for a walk down the harbour road and there are some great streets of it for shopping i stayed in room 812 i would recommend it , the only downside for me was there is no swimming pool but has a good gym , the reception wall is great and made out shells , its wow

Room Tip: hmm i liked the sea facing rooms ,
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Singapore River, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Hotel Indigo is the best at consistent cool.
They are all the same but different.
Best moods in a hotel chain ever.
When you visit one, you cannot wait to visit the next n anticipation of what you will experience.
Rooms are funky, amenities in the rooms are reliable and well laid out.
Focus on local things to do and experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The hotel is new, and the deco is stylish, but i must say the service is not really match what they charged for.

Very good location where you have close access to the City center as well as the Ferry to the Gulangyu Island.

I moved from Le Meridine as for where the location is much better, the first staff who checked me in was very helpful, but this was the only highlighting during my stay, my room was not ready upon check in which I understood as I'm a walk-in, so I was advised to come back later, in the mean time as for the room category I requested have only twin beds available at that moment, therefore they offered the beds could be combined to a king, which was fine for me, but when I entering the room found the two beds was not combined, so I called to Front Desk to ask the reason, the staff replied that should be HSKP forgot(indicating its not their fault), I asked the staff to check if a king available now coz I didn't want to wait again, but I came across the answer from the staff was -- as you are not an elite member so you are not allowed to get the room upgrade (my intention was not for that and this made me very awkward), later a HSKP staff came and casually combined the beds, and a big gap between the beds which was no change against the original set up, then I realized that I had to endure this bed for my entire stay as any comments to them will be no use.

On day three, when I came back from outside, my awarded king bed was separated to standard twin again, so I had to request to combine them again. After a long day outside I was exhausted, after a hot shower then I found my bathrobe disappeared, so I have to ware back my day suite to wait for the bathrobe replenish.

In general I have to say that the staffs there were trying their best to provide the service, but very easily could tell they were not well trained, as they don't know how to handle a very basic request well, the worse thing is that you couldn't feel any interaction from the management and I don't know where they usually stay, the office mostly I guess.

I'll never come back and again it's not value for what they charged for.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Melinda X, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Xiamen Harbour, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have been through in our hotel.
We already checked the booking information in order to solve the problems you mentioned. However, we cannot find your check-in record due to some unknown reasons. Could you please kindly contact our Guest Service Center (TEL: 0592-2261666, extension ‘6201’) to provide us more of your detail information, we will do our best to find out the cause and settle the matter actively.

Best Regards,

Hotel Indigo Xiamen Harbour

Been to Hotel Indigo Xiamen Harbour? Share your experiences!