“Feels more like Southeast Asia than china!” 5 of 5 stars

25% OFF Advance Booking
Ranked #7 of 1,102 Hotels in Xiamen
4.5 of 5 stars 372 Reviews
Taipei
“Feels more like Southeast Asia than china!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Beautiful hotel set in lush hills and palm trees. The rooms are spacious and bright. The breakfast buffet is excellent. The hotel is surrounded by running trails and has a great tennis court. Le meridien always impresses and this is one of their best ones! I love how they incorporate some of the country's touches in the rooms. Service is professional and attentive without being stuffy. Only drawback is a bit far from city center, but I was on business and happy to return to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
matteve, General Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Judy R,

Thanks for taking the time to review Le Meridien Xiamen.

The team here are very pleased that you enjoyed your experiences and particularly the breakfast and outdoor environments. Our hotel truly is an oasis within a city.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit again in the not too distant future!

Warmest regards - Matthew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Looks fantastic to arrive here at night, as situated on hill with lights all around, entrance area looked very plush, let down immediately by its staff! Upon check in they were really snooty, it almost seemed as though because we were only staying one night that we were not worth the effort. Bar area was nice, member of staff although very slow, was nice, dry martini went down well, poor selection of tv for any European visitor. Overall decidedly average.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
matteve, General Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Wild H,

Thanks for taking the time to review us after your recent stay.

I was disappointed to read that you thought the service at the Front Desk at check in wasn’t up you your expectations –that is not the feedback we usually receive however I’ll be sure to pass your comments to them so they can continue to provide exceptional servive to every guest.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your martini in our Latitude 24 Bar.

Hopefully next time you visit Xiamen you can stay a little longer!

Warmest regards
Matthew
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

It's a lovely retro modern property on a hill in Xiamen. Rooms are nicely decorated and the staff is very polite and attentive. Was double minded whether to stay here or at the Sheraton! I think the choice was right to choose this one. There is always some party going on at the courtyard, so becomes lot of fun to see people have so much fun.
Love their rain showers :)
Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
matteve, General Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Dosco39,

Thanks for taking the time to write such great comments about Le Meridien Xiamen and for choosing us while you were discovering Xiamen.

We were all very pleased that you were happy with your stay and particularly enjoyed our rain shower in the bathroom.

We do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you again on your next visit to Xiamen!

Warmest regards – Matthew
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was my first trip to Xiamen and I only stayed one night as it was a business trip but I would totally come back to this property. I live in China so I know how quickly things can look run down but this hotel felt very new, modern and comfortable.

Rooms:
Clean, modern, well-kept. While the lobby is huge and impersonal (but clean and modern), the rooms feel more like a boutique hotel. Nicely furnished, super-comfy beds, great tv, plenty of outlets for computers, phones, etc., ipod dock, nice balcony overlooking the forest. The bathrooms are terrific with a separate bath/shower room with a really great, huge shower head.

Dining:
Only had the breakfast buffet but it was a very good selection with a good mix of Asian (dim sum, sushi, dumplings, soup, etc.) and Western (eggs, pastry, salads, waffles, pancakes, french toast), juices, etc.

If you're a runner, ask the front desk how to go running in the mountains - halfway down the hill on your right hand side - a nice run that seems to go forever up the mountain.
This is not the place for you if you're looking for a location you can just walk out of the hotel and go for dinner at - they are quite a walk, or drive, up the mountain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
matteve, General Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear KS Jones1

Thanks for taking the time to write such great comments about Le Meridien Xiamen.

The team here have put a lot of effort in to ensure all our guests are well catered for and I am particularly pleased that the features of the guest bedroom were appealing to you and that you were able to discover the running track on the nearby Xian Yue Mountain.

Warmest regards – Matthew
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic entrance, nice rooms and fantastic beds! The details in this hotel are very much thought of and it is nice to relax here after meetings in Xiamen. The gym and spa is very nice as well!

Special compliments to Sunny from the gym am Yulia from the club who both were so pleasant in making me feel welcome but also to have just fun chats with each other! So nice while being by yourself in a hotel for a week!

Only thing that needs improvement is te english skills of the Chinese staff. This can be very under acceptable level.
This was my second stay here and both times i experienced staff who did not understand me. Got the wrong food while ordering roomservice and spa staff did not undersand me while asking questions about treatments.

Overall i love this hotel and for doing business in Xiamen i always feel so relaxed at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
matteve, General Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Bergo,

Thanks for taking the time to review Le Meridien Xiamen.

It is always great to receive positive feedback about our facilities but importantly the service offered by the associates. I’ll be sure to pass on your positive comments to Sunny & Yulia.

I will also certainly look at the small areas for improvement you mention.

Regards - Matthew
Guangzhou, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My hubby and I have been to Xiamen for serval times, there are lots of specialty lodgings in Xiamen,most of them are lovely,usually we would love to stay at specialty lodgings,instead of choosing a luxury hotel.This time,I travelled with my best friends,after our discussion,we preferred to stay at a luxury hotel and we chose this hotel.

It is situated on a hill and far away from bustle,very quiet! It's not expensive to take a taxi from airport to the hotel.The hotel also provides the shuttle service from hotel to downtown.

The hotel is morden and stylish,environment is beautiful,atmosphere is great.Our room was chic,clean and big enough,stepped out on the private balcony,we could enjoy the garden view of this hotel.The bed was comfortable,all of us slept well.

Service is great,staffs are helpful and nice.

The brunch was great,there was a wide selection of food and drink,food is tasty.

Overall,it's pretty good!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
matteve, General Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Penelope L,

Thanks for your recent review of our Hotel.

We were all very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly enjoyed the service offered by our associates and the relaxing & natural environment.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Xiamen in the future,

Regards - Matthew
Kunshan, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

On my last 3 days trip to Xiamen I chose this Hotel, because of it's description. I wanted to relax for some time. At check-in evrything was fine, friendly and fast. Perfect. I booked the Junior Suite, because I was with my family there. The Suite was nice decorated, but it's up to everyone's taste. It was clean and the sleeping quality was very good. And this point, I've said, very nice hotel, but then we've tried the restaurant in the lobby (all day dining). This was almost of a level of "not acceptable" for such kind of hotel. The service was a little desaster. All of the people there talked to me directly in chinese (ok I can speak chinese, but they didn't knew it before). Quite surprising and not the biggest issue, but some will feel struggeling. Most annoying was the service. People were walking around like robots with no focus on the guest. Sometimes the restaurant is full and 3 waiter standing around some computer even a lot of guests in the restaurant. They also never ask you if you want a beer or wine for dinner. Ok, it is not included in the buffet price, but I think some people would like to enjoy a beer instead of the free drinks at the restaurant, which is by the way very limited. Some areas in the restaurant seems also not in the spot of the waiter. And if you are lucky, you get one and order a coffee in the morning, I had to remind 3 times by running after them within 20 minutes. This is a no-go.
The food quality is around average, maybe a little below. Not exactly what I would have expected from this hotel. I eat already much better in some local chinese Hotel brands for a 3rd of the price. For the ones who want to use the swimming pool, you have to wear a swimming cap! If you do not have one, you can buy it at the hotel but you have to pay hefty 50 rmb for it.
Overall this could be in my eyes a very nice hotel, but overall the restaurant is not recommendable for this price level. I enjoyed a very friendly check-in and check-out, nice room, but the restaurant is the reason for not staying there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bobtown55,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

I do apologize for your less than perfect experience. This is certainly not consistent with the feedback we usually receive regarding the service levels at this hotel.

I can assure you I will be sharing your comments with the restaurant team as without honest feedback such as yours we are unable to improve the service we offer our guests.

Hopefully we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards
Matthew

Been to Le Meridien Xiamen? Share your experiences!