“Best Hotel Experience in Chile” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ilaia Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Punta Arenas
Ilaia Hotel
You added Ilaia Hotel to your Saves list
Ignacio Carrera Pinto 351, Punta Arenas 6200000, Chile   |
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Punta Arenas
San Diego, California
“Best Hotel Experience in Chile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I never write travel reviews but had to in this case. Hotel Ilaia was so special. I got into Punta Arenas from 30+ hours of traveling, tired and irritated because of a significant logistical issue that had the potential to ruin my Patagonia trip. They were unbelievably thoughtful and went out of their way to help me with my problem. Beyond helping me solve my problem, they were extremely sweet, kind, understanding and peaceful. Their hotel projects this very tangible joy and welcoming tranquility. In short, great vibs from great people. My only regret is that I only stayed one night before moving onto Torres Del Paine national park. My advise for those coming to Patagonia, spend at least 2 days in Punta Arenas decompressing at this terrific "good vib" hotel oasis. Thanks again Hotel Ilaia. B Folk California USA

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Liz H, Propietario at Ilaia Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your loving words, we appreciate your truly feel about us...

A big smile for you ....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Thai first
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Yes, this hotel deserves its rating on all categories. Staff, hotel, breakfast all outstanding and on the top small viewing lounge you have a sweeping view of the city. I could write more but it has all been said by all the other guest reviews. I also say this as a traveler to many countries, sometimes you find a special place such as Hotel ilaia.

Joe Hall
Santa Cruz California
USA

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Liz H, Propietario at Ilaia Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We thank you for the magic of love...

Our best wishes for you...
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We loved Juanita and her sister! They were so friendly, helpful and happy. Great vibe! The hotel deserves the best review. It was very clean, quiet had the most wonderful beds and a great, healthy breakfast in the morning. We enjoyed tea on the roof top with a view. We stayed one night before heading to Torres Del Paine and booked again when we came back through. This would be the place we stayed again if we return to Punta Arenas. Well done ladies! Keep up the awesome work and great atmosphere. I wish more hotels were like this!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Liz H, Propietario at Ilaia Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Remember that WE ARE ONE.

In the path on the consciousness…we keep walking…
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Really perfect place. Very reasonably priced. It is the perfect distance from the Straight of Magellan. Up on a hill, a couple of blocks from Buses Fernandez if you're going to Torres del Paine. Knowledgable staff. Taxi took 1 minute to arrive to get me to airport. Love it!

Room Tip: All rooms great! Use the upstairs third floor solarium to enjoy a cup of tea and the extraordinary v...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Liz H, Propietario at Ilaia Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your loving words ...Our best wishes for you...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I visit Punta Arenas often and usually stay at the Dreams. I saw the high ratings on Trip Advisor and gave the Ilaia a change. I am really glad I did. The hotel staff were incredibly nice and fun to be around. The rooms were very nice and the breakfast was fantastic. As with other reviewers I was traveling alone so it was like staying with friends. Definitely a wonderful energy to the place. A colleague who stayed there a week later loved it as well. I loved my goodbye hugs from everyone! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Taos, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Everything good about this place is true! Excellent breakfast (even when I had to leave at 5 in the morning), impeccable customer service, herbal teas (even medicinal herbs available as well as for sale), there really is almost nothing bad you could say about the place... except the following:
1) If you are a light sleeper, this may not be the place to stay. On the upside, there is no carpet-- wood floors throughout. On the downside, the walls and doors are extremely thin and you can hear the other people staying there walk around, cough, drop things on the floor, etc., very easily.
2) Bring your own shampoo. The stuff they provide is mostly sodium lauryl sulfate (bad, though hardly uncommon) with a nice dose of formaldehyde-- yikes!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

As a woman traveling alone, it is vitally important for me to feel safe and have a security net in the unlikely event that I need assistance. Also, I like to stay within short walking distance from the city center to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Ilaia Hotel was a perfect match on both counts.

However, this hotel is more than a safe haven in a storm. It is a fun, cheery place with lots of laughter and helpful guidance. I spent 2 nights and followed their recommendations to visit the cemetery (incredibly peaceful and filled with stories), the natural history museum and lunch at La Marmita. All of which, I recommend.

If you have the opportunity and can give up bacon and eggs for breakfast, do book in. The larger superior room is worth the additional price, I believe.

I might add that I don't speak Spanish, but Paulina, Juanita and Lee all helped me through my list of questions, including sending laundry out.

Room Tip: I chose the superior room #8, which is larger and has a view of the distant Straits through the roof...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Liz H, Propietario at Ilaia Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank ! We feel love and gratitude for all and everything we have everyday.

A big smile for you ...

Been to Ilaia Hotel? Share your experiences!