My family and I visited this hotel in April.
The design is really cool, built into the hillside with grass roofs and walls, it is unobtrucive and strikes the right balance between ecology and modern comforts. Sadly from the very start, it was apparent that the recepcionist was woefully inexperienced for her job. We stood around in the hallway while she was attending to other guests for almost 15 minutes. She could have greeted us, said she was busy and offered us a seat at the bar and a drink while we waited.
The many questions we had about the park and town were answered unsmilingly and in some cases with the wrong information. Her demeanour was unsmiling, and whilst I am sure she was doing her best, simply was not ready to serve in a hotel of that quality. There was one music playing at her desk and 3 m away at the bar, a completely different music!
The food was fine, and barmen friendly and for the price and location I would definately reccommend it to visitors in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Altiplanico Sur Hotel
- Altiplanico Sur Puerto Natales
- Altiplanico Sur Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging into the hillside overlooking the Ultima Esperanza Gulf and the Baquedano Glacier, Altiplanico Sur offers an experience that combines the awe-inspiring nature and the interior charm of the Altiplanico style. The hotel features 22 uniquely designed rooms with the stunning Patagonian landscape as your guest, sheltering you from the powerful climate and inviting you to relax in a hot tub overlooking the cold waters of this southern latitude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Altiplanico Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.