We spent 7 nights at Remota in March 2010 and would highly recommend the hotel. Everyone at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms are fitted to a high standard. We had a lovely view over Puerto Natales and the Sendo Ultima Esperanza from our room but the hotel in general has been designed to maximise views of the Sound and the mountains from all parts of the hotel. The food (and service) was excellent with a choice of two or three starters, main courses and desserts. The hotel runs an impressive number of excursions and most outdoor activities seem to be catered for, with varying degrees of difficulty. Excursions are selected the evening before in discussion with a guide and the nature and degree of difficulty etc is explained. It is about a 2 hour drive from the hotel to reach the centre of the Torres del Paine National Park. Before we went we thought this might be a disadvantage compared to staying at a hotel/hostel in the park; however it does have the big advantage of giving you the opportunity to visit areas around Puerto Natales other than Torres del Paine. Several are well worth a visit such as Sierra Baguales, Cerro Benitez, Sierra Dorotea, Monte Rotundo and the Ultima Esperanza Fiord. All of the guides we had were very friendly and knowledgeable about the local culture, flora, fauna, geology etc. The hotel is located outside Puerto Natales and it is about a 20 minute walk into the town. We arrived in Chile about 2 weeks after the earthquake at the end of February 2010 and there had been no impact at all as far south as Patagonia. Even in Santiago there were no apparent problems and the airport was operating more or less normally when we left Chile (March 31st).
- Also Known As:
- Remota Hotel
- Remota Puerto Natales
- Remota Hotel Puerto Natales
- Remota Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Remota is one of the most celebrated and awarded Hotels in Chile, where the National Architecture Prize Awarded, German Del Sol, achieved the most breathtaking views of the fjord and glaciers.Normal things like breakfast,is an unforgettable experience.Luminous and inserted in Patagonia's landscape, without any modification, with the best infrastructure, totally different from a classic hotel that impresses visitors and leaves a lasting memory.Remota is more than just a hotel, it allows travellers to have a unique total Patagonia Experience.Remota is an ecological and sustainable hotel, built with high quality materials, almost no motors, no elevators,no television or internet in the rooms, very light, almost transparent, natural ventilation and highly efficient energy use.We support local communities and are strongly linked to social and cultural organisations as well.Remota is a selected property of the prestigious Virtuoso luxury travel network (only 5 operations in Chile) and was choosen by Orvis as an International Endorsed Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, HotelsClick, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Remota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.