Remota has a cool design and very beautiful views from virtually every part of the hotel, and staff was very nice. It's pretty central for a variety of activities and for visiting Puerto Natales, which is 5 minutes away. The place has a cool design and chill vibe but it's a little disorganized in some respects and seems to still be getting it's footing in terms of service at meals (random whether a waitor/waitress will notice you, even with a half full dining room), excursions, and sticking to departure times. We called the hotel in advance to ask if we needed to pre-book excursions and they said no, as all are weather dependent; when we got there, that turned out not to be true and we had to go with a third party (not hotel run) company for one excursion. That said, even if you book in advance, the weather will dictate everything, so booking ahead just means you'll have a spot on the excursion if weather cooperates. The one hotel organized excursion (to Torres del Paine) we went on was great, with a delightful picnic lunch and diverse stops along the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Remota is one of the most celebrated and awarded Hotels in Chile, where the National Architecture Prize Awarded, German Del Sol, achieved the most breathtaking views of the fjord and glaciers.Normal things like breakfast,is an unforgettable experience.Luminous and inserted in Patagonia's landscape, without any modification, with the best infrastructure, totally different from a classic hotel that impresses visitors and leaves a lasting memory.Remota is more than just a hotel, it allows travellers to have a unique total Patagonia Experience.Remota is an ecological and sustainable hotel, built with high quality materials, almost no motors, no elevators,no television or internet in the rooms, very light, almost transparent, natural ventilation and highly efficient energy use.We support local communities and are strongly linked to social and cultural organisations as well.Remota is a selected property of the prestigious Virtuoso luxury travel network (only 5 operations in Chile) and was choosen by Orvis as an International Endorsed Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Despegar.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Remota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Remota Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile
- Remota Hotel Puerto Natales