We were with a group of 20 (mostly couples) traveling from Buenos Aires south along the glaciers of Argentina, down to Torres del Paine, and then north to Santiago. Our stay at Remota, a lodge just outside Torres del Paine National Park, was the highlight of the trip. Everything was included -- drinks, hors d'oeuvres, and 3 meals a day. There were multiple daytime activities to choose from, including horseback riding, visits to local historic caves, exploring the area in vans, and day hikes. We opted for two 6-12 km. hikes, led by Claudia and her team of guides. She was very knowledgeable about both the wildlife and the geology, and gave you the feeling you were the best group she could spend the day with! Plus she laid on two very nice picnics, complete with table cloths, in the middle of the Park. One was next to a cascade with multiple levels, and another overlooked a beautiful lake, 3000 feet below. At one point, four very large condors happened to soar by the cliff where we stood, not 15 feet away! The lodge itself had unusual "green" architecture, with grass growing on the roof, and huge glass windows overlooking the Bay of Last Hope and the mountains. Rooms were quiet, beds were comfortable, the 'rain shower' in the bathroom was fun, and the windows could be opened (always a plus). The chef gets top marks for his delicious soups, attractively served main courses, and yummy desserts. Everyone --from the bartenders and waiters, to the front desk staff, was attentive and friendly.
- Also Known As:
- Remota Hotel
- Remota Puerto Natales
- Remota Hotel Puerto Natales
- Remota Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Remota is one of the most celebrated and awarded Hotels in Chile, where the National Architecture Prize Awarded, German Del Sol, achieved the most breathtaking views of the fjord and glaciers.Normal things like breakfast,is an unforgettable experience.Luminous and inserted in Patagonia's landscape, without any modification, with the best infrastructure, totally different from a classic hotel that impresses visitors and leaves a lasting memory.Remota is more than just a hotel, it allows travellers to have a unique total Patagonia Experience.Remota is an ecological and sustainable hotel, built with high quality materials, almost no motors, no elevators,no television or internet in the rooms, very light, almost transparent, natural ventilation and highly efficient energy use.We support local communities and are strongly linked to social and cultural organisations as well.Remota is a selected property of the prestigious Virtuoso luxury travel network (only 5 operations in Chile) and was choosen by Orvis as an International Endorsed Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, Tingo, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Remota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.