“Like being at home!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Like being at home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This must be the friendliest, warmest, homeliest hostel in South America. After 5 days trekking the W in the Torres del Paine park this is the perfect place to arrive at. We walked in and instantly felt like we were in (a much nicer version!) of our own house. Monica and Andres are incredibly welcoming and knowledgeable about all elements of Patagonia. From the comfiest beds in patagonia to the massive, incredibly well equipped kitchen to the delicious Calafate liqueur that you share with Monica and Andres (which according to local legend if you drink, means you will always return to patagonia) this hostel is the best.

We will definitely be back and we hope you have a lovely trip around Europe!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

As I write this, I am spending my last (fifth) night at this hostel and am not looking forward to leaving tomorrow. My boyfriend and I stayed here before and after doing the Torres del Paine circuit. The owners, Andres and Monica, are pretty much the perfect hosts: welcoming, helpful and attentive without being pushy. Their hostel is always clean, including all the common areas which are just great. Coffee and tea are available for free all day and kitchen is well equipped for preparing one's own meals (even condiments are provided) which can then be consumed in a pleasant dining room. My boyfriend and I spent the first night in a dorm (where we slept like logs) and the rest of our stay in a double room which felt like a real home away from home, with a super comfortable bed and the best (memory foam!) pillows of the whole 8-month trip. We were beyond happy when we returned from our hike and could move back into the same room. We were also able to rent everything we needed for the hike directly at the hostel at better prices than at some of the most popular places around town. A real gem in the world of hostels.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights after completing the W trek. The double room was large and the bed was really comfortable. The shared bathrooms were clean and the kitchen was well stocked (and also had tea/coffee etc). The owners were very friendly, and even gave us a taste of the local calafate liquiour on our last night. Breakfast wasn't included (or available as an extra) but there is a supermarket and cafes just around the corner.
Only downside was noise from other guests, either getting up very early or else staying up very late which meant getting a great night sleep wasn't possible. No fault of the hostel of course although sound travelled through the house and from the street very easily.
Would recommend this hostel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stanford, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I only stayed one night at Hostel El Patagonico en route to Torres del Paine. I really liked Puerto Natales as a town and would have liked to spend time there. We got to the hostel rather late (~ 10 pm) but were welcomed very warmly. Within the first ten minutes or so I felt a very warm, homestay-like vibe from the hostel. The rooms were clean and the place felt safe and welcoming. I would definitely recommend this hostel to friends. As a suggestion - I wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks a night for a basic breakfast (cereal, bread) and a towel. That may be something the Andres and Monica might want to consider.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

ANDRES and MONICA...the amazing owners MAKE this hostel. Super lovely and extremely helpful...I forgot to buy my bus ticket to Calafate in advance and emailed them from Ushuaia...they sorted me out with a ticket asap which I paid for when I arrived a few days later. My friend who wasn't even staying there, went to them for help on booking a tour...they are that lovely! Excellent location, near the bus stop and the centre of town. I love the shot of Calafate they gave me when I left...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Fortaleza, CE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My wife and I travelled through Puerto Natales on our way to Torres del Paine and also spent some days after our trip there. On both occasions we stayed at El Patagonica Hostel. This was one of the finest hostels we have stayed at. Super clean, super affordable, comfortable, lovely hot showers! But what makes this place special is Andre and Monica, the owners. Andre went out of his way to make our stay very comfortable and was helping us into the early hours of the morning preparing for our trip to TdP. We arrived late in the evening and were due to leave early the next morning. We realized that we had not accounted for one meal and without hesitation, Andre whipped together a bag of food from his own fridge and shoved it in my hand, not expecting anything in return. Andre, I will not forget that amazing block of cheese! When we returned from TdP, Andre and Monica even made some personal sacrifices to accommodate my wife and I for a couple more days. These guys just do it right. We also enjoyed the Calafate liqueur as a toast upon our departure. This hostel certainly comes highly recommended!

Heinrich and Lihani

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

A fantastic place in every respect, but special thanks to Andrés who took it upon himself to wrangle us two tickets to Calafate out of an uncooperative bus company, at last minute on a Saturday night, and after we had actually moved to another hostel (only because our plans changed and El Patagonico was full)! Couldn't recommend more highly.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Hostel El Patagonico? Share your experiences!