We stayed at The Singular Hotel late April, just before it closed for winter. In every respect this was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. We had an inclusive package and that included being picked up at Punta Arenas airport. Our driver had a pack of refreshments for us and he was happy to point out sights, including an owl, as we drove to the hotel. The staff at reception were excellent and in no time we were in our wonderful rooms looking out onto the lake. The food was excellent and pre-dinner drinks came with delicious canapes. Our package entitled us to choose anything from the main menu, and drinks. Thank goodness we stayed for three nights, so we could try many options. The afternoon we arrived we were taken to a cave which once contained a milodon skeleton. The next day we chose the full day excursion to Torres del Paine and our guide prepared a lovely picnic lunch for us. On the last day we did a boat trip and a walk to two glaciers and again our guide was very knowledgable. In the afternoon we did a guided tour of the hotel, including the excellent museum.
Sadly we left the following day, but The Singular took us all the way to El Calafate, across the border with Argentina. No hassles! This was a long drive but we were given a packed lunch.
One problem of being there late in the season was that the days were short, but the advantages were no wind at all, and lovely autumn leaves as we walked through Antarctic Beech forests. I guess our package was expensive, but we enjoyed the experience so much that if we ever had an excuse, we would be back, even from Australia!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 100 acres lining the Fjord of Last Hope in Puerto Bories, in the surroundings of Puerto Natales, The Singular Patagonia affords guests the opportunity to experience all Chilean Patagonia has to offer - the true Patagonia. From expeditions to nearby glaciers and horseback riding on private ranches to walking tours of historic Puerto Natales and adventurous treks through famed Torres del Paine, The Singular provides guests the full spectrum of extraordinary and beautiful terrain that is Patagonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, T4B, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Singular Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Singular Patagonia Hotel Puerto Natales
- The Singular Patagonia Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile