We spent one night at the Singular Hotel in February 2013 as part of a tailor made tour for myself and my husband organised by 'Imagine Latin America'.
We had wanted to make our one night stay in Puerto Natales something special rather than just a stopover end route to Punta Arenas airport. The Singular was everything we hoped for and more.
Arrival at reception is by funicular which sets the scene for the whole visit. The history of the hotel as South America's largest meat processing plant is everywhere you look and is fascinating. We went on the free guided tour which is very worthwhile. Old machinery and bits and pieces are all around the hotel area including 1905 steam engines and an ancient locomotive. Work is still in progress on restoration and my husband was in his element rooting through the back storage areas with the guide, looking at what was still to come.
We had intended to go into Puerto Natales but were so entranced by our surroundings we did not venture
Our room was on the second floor and was large, luxurious with huge comfortable bed, high quality furnishings and a wonderful view over the sound. The bathroom was everything it should be.
Our booking was on a half board basis which was very worthwhile as it included drinks with our evening meal and free soft drinks mini bar.
Breakfast was excellent with lots of choice from the buffet and dinner was one of the best meals in the whole of our trip. The restaurant is interesting in its own right with its collection of articles from the past, service was superb and we ate by the window, watching the sun go down over the sound.
The Singular was fabulous, our only regret was we didn't have more time there.
- Also Known As:
- The Singular Patagonia Hotel Puerto Natales
- The Singular Patagonia Hotel
- The Singular Patagonia Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 100 acres lining the Fjord of Last Hope in Puerto Bories, in the surroundings of Puerto Natales, The Singular Patagonia affords guests the opportunity to experience all Chilean Patagonia has to offer - the true Patagonia. From expeditions to nearby glaciers and horseback riding on private ranches to walking tours of historic Puerto Natales and adventurous treks through famed Torres del Paine, The Singular provides guests the full spectrum of extraordinary and beautiful terrain that is Patagonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Singular Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.