To be honest, I have taken some time before writing this review because I keep hoping I will wake up and still be at The Singular in Patagonia. What an incredible, life changing experience we had!
My friend Cynthia who is a travel agent at Belle Meade Vacations in Nashville, TN, helped me plan our trip to Chile. It was very last minute and her help and guidance was invaluable. She directed me to The Singular and to the Southern region of Chile. We had only planned on Santiago initially. We are SO thrilled we took her advice and traveled south for 4 nights.
Upon our arrival we met with the Expeditions coordinator- the only interesting part is he was the least knowledgeable about the excursions and did not seem like he had been on them. Luckily we were able to join a horseback riding group the afternoon of our arrival and the guides on our outing filled us in on what we needed to konw for the rest of our trip. The horseback riding was a bonus. I really thought we would not be able to do something the first day.
After a delicious lunch in the restaurant we headed out and it was the first day of an amazing trip! Pedro was one of our 2 guides and luckily he was also our guide the following day when we did the trek to the base of Torres Del Paine. Pedro also led us up to see the condors a couple of days later. Our favorite excursion was the 19 km trek to the base. We did it in 6.5 hours and we are not in the best of shape- so it felt great!! We also really liked the boat ride to the glaciers.
Overall the restaurant food and staff was fabulous. We loved the layout of the property and feel it is the perfect blend of an upscale experience, that includes the indigenous touches of the area. It was nice to be within biking distance of town and just a couple hours from the park. I liked being outside of the park since we really only did the one big hike in the park. The Singular has access to private ranches in the area and we enjoyed the scenery there.
All of the guides were fantastic, as were the drivers. It was so nice to be picked up at the airport in the nice SUV. One thing we wish we would have done is had a day, or half a day in Puerto Arenas. Could this be added as an option based on people's flight times?
One other request would be to have a clock in the rooms. It would help with being on time.
Thank you to all the Singular staff who made our stay incredible. We hope to be back again soon!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 100 acres lining the Fjord of Last Hope in Puerto Bories, in the surroundings of Puerto Natales, The Singular Patagonia affords guests the opportunity to experience all Chilean Patagonia has to offer - the true Patagonia. From expeditions to nearby glaciers and horseback riding on private ranches to walking tours of historic Puerto Natales and adventurous treks through famed Torres del Paine, The Singular provides guests the full spectrum of extraordinary and beautiful terrain that is Patagonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Singular Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Singular Patagonia Hotel Puerto Natales
- The Singular Patagonia Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile