We were in Patagonia with Explora before staying at the Singular for 2 nights and then transferring over to Punta Arenas. Whilst we were at the Explora and we chatted to our guides there our plans after Explora - they got extremely excited about our stay at The Singular. They informed us it was true luxury! We were quite surprised by this because we already though the Explora was rather luxurious in itself.
The Singular had arranged for an excellent, experienced guide Gabi to meet us at the Explora Lodge and guided us to the Base of the Towers. To our surprise, Gabi came equipped with our lunch which included a soup, sandwiches and along the way, we had an EXCELLENT delicious and energising home made granola bar and brownies. There was also a bag of dried fruits and nuts.
After the long hike, the driver dropped us back to The Singular and immediately the mood lighting of the garage and the glass lift was enough to arouse curiosity in this luxury property.
We found The Singular experience the highlight of our Patagonian visit. It’s an indulgent and delightful stay in terms of:
1. The property is a museum and stepped in wonderful English and German manufacturing glory.
2. Rooms are spacious and each have an amazing view of the shoreline.
3. The restaurant and bar - has the look and feel of a Michelin star restaurant. The long bar - the opulence in the furnishing and library wooden atmosphere gives the feeling of richness that is unusual for a ‘trekking/horse riding/ hiking holiday in the great outdoors’.
4. The food itself is impressive - Chef Anan is talented. I loved all my meals there which are all comparable to London Michelin star restaurants. See pictures
5. The guides used for the excursions and activities - we had Chichin and Gabi - both are experienced, knowledgeable and perfect guides. We hiked the base towers, horse riding with gauchos.
Area for improvement
Since the restaurant also functions for non guests, I think sometimes after staying for a few nights the menu needs to have a lunch variations rather than the same menu served for lunch and dinner.
Final Verdict -
I would say, if you are looking to combine unrivalled luxury, exclusivity and uniqueness together with wildlife, nature then this is undisputed leader of the pack!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 100 acres lining the Fjord of Last Hope in Puerto Bories, in the surroundings of Puerto Natales, The Singular Patagonia affords guests the opportunity to experience all Chilean Patagonia has to offer - the true Patagonia. From expeditions to nearby glaciers and horseback riding on private ranches to walking tours of historic Puerto Natales and adventurous treks through famed Torres del Paine, The Singular provides guests the full spectrum of extraordinary and beautiful terrain that is Patagonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Singular Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Singular Patagonia Hotel Puerto Natales
- The Singular Patagonia Puerto Natales, Aisen Region, Chile