“World Class Food And Genial Service” 5 of 5 stars

Eberhard #323, Puerto Natales, Chile
+56-61-412877
Improve this listing
Cuisines: African, Chilean
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Auburn Alabama
“World Class Food And Genial Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My son and I were in Puerto Natales and had dinner here both nights. Fish one night and lamb the next. Just excellent. Sides and appetizers and wines were perfect. Cheerful, friendly and helpful wait staff -- that is appropriately proud of their restaurant. I would put it in my top ten world restaurants. It was THAT good.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Thai first
Copacabana, Bolivia
“Fantastic dinner to round off the W trek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We went here on the night we returned from the W trek. While pricey, Afrigonia has lovely food and fantastic service and beautiful presentation and a standout in Puerto Natales. My salmon ceviche was amazing, as was the mango sour aperitif! A must for anyone who wants a real treat.

Visited March 2014
London, UK
“Slightly unbalanced fusion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The notion of an African-Patagonian fusion restaurant was odd enough to have us beating a path to the door, encouraged by the word that it was also the best restaurant in town.

We ate well, but wondered about the fusion description. My wife, keen to add some of the local seafood to her list, wanted king crab; she had it prepared in three ways on one plate – a small soufflé, a dollop of mousse, and a length of leg meat atop some slices of smoked salmon, all this with the little squiggles and pools of sauce (I would say jus if I were that sort of person) that characterise any cuisine with pretensions nowadays. I kept pace with a chunk of tuna, barely seared but tender. Some rather dull potatoes came with her meal; I did better with wali, a dish of rice with raisins and almonds with a mild curry flavour. That apart, nothing about the meal shouted ‘Africa’ at me. We drank a bottle of halfway decent sparkling demi-sec; the amiable waiter came across with a joky selection box which he offered to us to choose from, but it contained nothing more than sweeties.

Staff: pleasant. Décor: forgotten it already. Best in town? Couldn't say, for we only tried one other.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Woah!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We had been told to dine here while in the town. Warned it was pricy, but well worth it. We chose to dine here our first night, celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. Ceviche was best I've had. My husband, not a fan of onions even ate quite a bit. (It's quite onion-y.) When in Patagonia you eat lamb, yes? So we've had it in all the towns we've visited & this by far was the most tasty. The Salmon was delish. The salad, a salad, nothing out of the ordinary, but presentation was artful, the steamed veggies were pretty too. The wine selection leaves much to be desired, but we have discovered that everywhere on the Chilean side of Patagonia. Wine on the Argentina side -- great. For dessert we had homemade Amarula ice cream & the staff gave us a dessert drink for an anniversary gift. Very thoughtful.
And maybe we went the night after to try the prawn & scallop curry. (Fantastic as well.)
AND maybe we plan one more dinner there before we leave Chile. After-all, have 2 more entrées to try.
Afrigonia, this Liberian & American couple gives you a 5 star all around. Grateful for the meals shared with you.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great W Circuit Celebration Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I went here the night we finished the W circuit in Torres del Paine - it's the perfect place for a splurge meal after 5 days of eating soup and nuts on the trail. Diego was our server - super nice guy - and he recommended all the best plates to get (salmon mango ceviche and the king crab smoked salmon appetizers, and the rack of lamb main dish). We both agreed it was one of the best meals we've ever had! Also the ambiance was killer. Make it a priority.