“Clean healthy food in a relaxed cafe - Nice vege fare” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Vegetarian, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Testing out the tastebuds after 10 years with a wide range of exciting vegetarian dishes served all day.deckchairs in garden
Wellington, New Zealand
“Clean healthy food in a relaxed cafe - Nice vege fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This vegetarian café was a highlight for me during our time in Puerto Natales. We had dinner here before going to Torres del Paine and had some of the best food so far on this trip. Nothing fancy, but good healthy clean tasting food. We could literally feel our bodies sucking in all the good vitamins and minerals here! We had freshly squeezed juices, sweet potato soup which was simple but so delicious, and then split our mains. My boyfriend’s was burritos with lots of lettuce, avocado, beans and cheese and mine was a super burger, which was a walnut vege pattie with egg, cheese, tomato and lettuce on wholemeal bread. Both highly recommended. We returned a second time after coming back from Torres del Paine and again had a great meal. An Englishwoman who worked there was even brave enough to have a go at making a flat white coffee for us. We appreciated her effort as we’re only just getting used to the strong bitter coffees which are the norm here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fredericton, Canada
“Loved this place, so happy to find it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

As a vegan, I struggled in Argentina. When I made it to Chile, I was brought to El Living by my Chilean friend who said that I would be impressed. And I was! Delicious food, and pleasant conversation in a great atmosphere. I went back twice, and would easily recommend this restaurant to anyone, even if they were not vegetarian.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cold, unfriendly staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I visited El Living during my trip to Puerto Natales in March, and having just returned home from my travels abroad I wanted to write a review to convey how unhappy I was with the service I experienced. After 5x days trekking in the nearby national park, I wanted to relax in a cafe with a warm, friendly atmosphere but the staff at El Living hardly smiled and I definitely got the feeling they wanted me to move on after I had finished my coffee and cake, despite the cafe being virtually empty. One of the staff rudely stated the amount of time I had spent in the cafe and hardly looked at me when I paid the bill. There are plenty of other better cafes and restaurants in Puerto Natales. Avoid this one.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Food was OK food and indifferent service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We went here for coffee and cakes after reading the review from Tripadvisor and guidebook and have to say that it did not come close to meeting our expectations. The food was certainly NOT spectactular (just average) but the service was very poor. The guy never smiled once and gave us the impression that we are a huge inconvenience when we went to the bar to order. The same treatment when he sent our stuff over to our table.

The service was bad enough to give this place a 'Poor' overall rating but the cozy interior deco, ambiance and the fact that the food wasn't bad saved it.

We still would not come back though as we feel we can get better value elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Bizarre unwelcoming atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My partner and I dropped in for a coffee and snack one evening. We were both shocked and pretty appalled at the bad service we received; completely ignored for the 15 minutes (we didn't even get a hello), only grunts audible when taking our order and pretty frankly rude when paying. Average food, terrible terrible service. A bad day....perhaps?

• Visited March 2013