“Great steakhouse in Antofagasta” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chilean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great steakhouse in Antofagasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Given that Antofagasta is on the coast and there's not a cow in sight, why eat beef? Because of Mu. Mu has good service and a wide selection of cuts and qualities (standard, Angus, Waygu) that are grilled on a wood fired grill.

Atmosphere is casual and fun. Wine cellar is small and neat - You go and pick out your wine and bring it back to the table for the server to open. Servers seem knowledgeable about the wines within reason (and I frankly, I don't know that I'm qualified to call bull on the subject).

I've eaten there a couple times and admittedly the temperature range of steaks was a little off from plate to plate, but the steaks come out hot and tasty. You'll likely need reservations most nights. Sides are large enough for sharing. So, I'd suggest each person try a different side item. I recommend it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

California
“A Very Good Steak House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Mu Grill is a busy place, so make reservations. We arrived early with no reservation and the only available seating was on the balcony. They have heaters, but still it was a little chilly in the middle of August. We ordered three steaks, and all three were prepared to perfection. Recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“An excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

OK, I drink wine - quite a lot of wine, and I had one of the best bottles of Carmenere I have ever had, in this restaurant. Sebastian, the sommelier, recommended it as a good, mid priced wine and it did not disappoint (see photo if it uploads lol). I had the mixed suasages for starters, made on the premises and absolutely delicious. Served with bread and salsa - again really good.

Although this restaurant seems to specialize in beef (from Hereford to Wagyu), they also have deer, ostrich, boar and rabbit on the menu. However, I chose the BBQ lamb, which they only do on Fridays and Saturdays. I ordered the leg of lamb and was warned that it was quite a large portion. When this honking big piece of lamb (see photo) was placed in front of me, I knew I was in for a treat. I also had the "Big Smurf" as a side dish - a lovely mix of roast potatoes, mushrooms and onion.

Needless to say I couldnt finish it all, but it meant I could pick out the most succulent bits - you could order this for two and be well fed. The seasoning on the lamb was perfect; lamb itself a little overdone but very tasty (i'm sure you could order a medim rare and get it).

Normally, you need to make reservations, but I turned up on spec, was told it would be about a 20 minute wait at the bar, and was seated after 5 minutes. Really helpful and attentive staff, many of whom speak English. Good prices for a great meal. English menus and extensive wine list - you can even trot down to the wine cellar and pick out which bottle you want.

I usually like to ring the changes when I'm in a town for any length of time (here for a week), but I'm definitely going back to Mu another 2 or 3 times to try some of the other meals. A restaurant of this quality is a very pleasant surprise anywher you go. Thoroughly recommended. www.muantofagastagrill.cl

• Visited June 2013