“A really great restaurant anywhere, by far the best in Antofagasta” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amares Costafusion

Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
New York City, New York
“A really great restaurant anywhere, by far the best in Antofagasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

No wonder Antares is the number one restaurant in Antofagasta according to TripAdvisor. I certainly second this rating. In my experience, this Peruvian-food restaurant would be rated 4-5 stars anywhere in the world for its tasty, fresh and creative food and cocktails; its fine (Chilean) wine selection; attentive and friendly service; and nice atmosphere. The fact that such a great restaurant is located in Antofagasta makes other good restaurants compete for a very distant second place. Open Mon-Sat evenings and Mon-Sun for lunch. Smoking is no longer allowed in this restaurant. Do make reservations; it was really full when I was there on a Sat evening.

• Visited July 2013

London
“Doing a lot of things right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel. We visited and enjoyed the meal. Unlike many chefs in Chile they are focused on ringing fusion to Peruvian. On the whole they are getting it right. The level of English is good. The wine selection is varied but mostly Chilean. This hotel seems to attract a business crowd and was very busy by nine o clock. Make a reservation in advance.

Visited April 2013
Casablanca, Morocco
“my stomach says it is The Best Restaurant in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Thursday night about 8PM - place is empty, but they offer just the only option to seat one...Kind of upsetting - because the place is empty. Looks like tn the most troubled spot - on the crossing of the personnel's ways.
Thursday night about 9PM - the place is packed, people wait by the door for a table. My table had proven to be one of the best - because every couple of minutes the top-model type female maitre d passed in in out right in front of me - adding to the pleasure of enjoying the best dinner in Antofagasta.
The next night we indeed had a trouble because of the lack of the non-smokers zone - our friend with children had been refused admission. But no hard feelings - I paid for the half-empty bottle of vine and we had left the table for six for someone lucky to get it last minute.
In the fuss I had forgotten my little camera on the table - and returned to claim it after the dinner at Mochika. Before I managed to explain the matter to the above mentioned maitre d a waiter was there with my camera in his hand.
I concur with my stomach - this is the best place in town. Don't forget about booking well in advance - and Bon Appetite!

• Visited February 2013
Munich
“only for smokers :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

we were not even allowed to enter as I brought along my daughter aged 9. As there are no non-smoker areas this place allows only people aged 18 and above to taste the dinner. Honestly who would rate a place top in town if you have to eat whilst having smokers around you?

Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Top restaurant in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place is definitely up to international standards regarding the atmosphere and the food. Lighting sets the right mood for a delicious dinner which includes local dishes with a modern twist. Service is good!...Like the fact that the people working in the restaurant are actually Chilean, something which is rapidly changing in Antofagasta with the massive number of immigrants coming in and taking over restaurants and cafes! hahaha.......Mmmm I enjoyed the ceviche for entree and the Pescado Amares for main (for the fish I chose the Albacore, which was nice and fresh --- the prawn sauce was top notch).

Only con I have: the restaurant is SMOKING! There's no separate area for smokers....

• Visited January 2013