“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 477 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian, Tapas, Vegetarian, Asian fusion
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Bugs Cafe is the first ever insect tapas restaurant and cocktail bar in Cambodia. Crickets, scorpions, grasshoppers, ants, bees, silkworms, spiders and more, combined with quality Khmer and western products and seasonings, will bring you a delicious and unseen taste of adventure! Amazing Photos guaranteed...
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Don't miss the scorpion and green papaya salad! Food is very crispy and tasty! In case of you are repulsed (as my wife did), cooker can arrange for you some dishes with no insect. The owner is very nice and like to enjoy life...you have to clink glasses with him!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Libreville, Gabon
“Must do it !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

When my husband told me we'll just be a small restaurant recess I was delighted, but when I read on the front "Bugs coffee" I felt like crying! Ah ah ah, well I share my expereience today because as we are often told not to be fooled by appearances. I spent an extra night and the meal was super good. Taste the "Tarantula Donuts" close your eyes and you will see at the beginning is too good, I return not say that! And continue to "Stuffed Sweet Peppers with Crickets", all accompanied by a delicious cocktail. Renew an unforgettable experience with fun and curious go have a drink and great atmosphere is welcoming the boss. Maybe you let you try! See you soon for new experiences

• 4 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect introduction to insect cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Fantastic choice, interesting concept. Really cool and contemporary setting with great drinks, food choice and tarantula doughnuts!

Brisbane, Australia
“I think this place will become a Siem Reap 'must do' very quickly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Just brilliant. Went here for dinner on my last night in Cambodia before coming back to Australia. Took a while to find it, but was totally worth it. I love insects in markets around Asia, so found the fusion of insects into Western and Asian meals (in place of meat) really interesting. Absolute best was the 'mixed insects wok' - we had it with a sauce I can't remember, but it was the one that has lemongrass - and it was delicious. Not just 'nice for an insect dish' delicious, but actually good enough I'd order it over a chicken or beef dish. Seeing my arachnophobic mate eat a tarantula was hilarious - he looked ready to cry at one point, then liked the taste so much he wanted to order more. The staff were also happy to take pictures of us posing with scorpions and fried crickets for us to show people back home! The upstairs balcony has a lovely view of a quiet street and they didn't seem to mind us staying for a couple of hours after our meal to have a few beers, watch the street happenings and chat. The manager told us they only opened two weeks ago but I've got no doubt it will be a Siem Reap institution very soon. Also they had a 2-for-1 deal with drinks, but not sure if that's a permanent thing or just an opening special. Can't recommend this place enough for a tasty meal, friendly staff and a hell of a lot of laughs with friends as you eat insects we all normally try to avoid!

Marseille, France
“Adventure and crisp at my table!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The adventure of trying out those scary looking insects on the markets always appealed and disgusted me both. We went there for the experience of eating something weird to tell about back home and we got really surprised because it wasn't even hard to try!!!!
It looked fantastic on our plates, like really design and all, and it smelled so good, and it was just plain delicious!
We came for the challenge, and we went back again for the love of good food!
Plus the place was perfect, classy and fun at the same time.
Definitely a must-do experience on the cambodian list!!!

• Visited August 2014