“Poor poor Standart” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Angkor Hotel

You added Angkor Hotel to your Saves list
Angkor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   National Rd #6, Phum Sala Kanseng | Sangkat Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap KH-1700, Cambodia (Formerly Allson Angkor Hotel)   |
Ranked #188 of 244 Hotels in Siem Reap
Denmark
“Poor poor Standart”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Was staying at Angkor Hotel for three nights.
It was quite awful and disappointing.
Check in, bad service and not possible to get a map, exchange some small USD.
Room, old fashioned with a bed a hard as a stone. Expect old worn towels - but at least clean.
Breakfast, do not include breakfast if you even above decide to order a room, it's definitely not worth. Very hectic area, and poor poor selections of dishes.
Sorry but we believe it will be easy to find a much better hotel, even for a cheaper price.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

I booked everything through a travel agent and they advised against the hotel I wanted to stay in when I got to SR - this one was apparently "really good" - I was tired so just went for it.

I had the hotel pick me up from the airport which cost more than a tuk tuk would have - the driver ended up being an incredibly pushy tour guide who insisted on taking me everywhere. I could not get rid of him.

The room was ok. The bed rock-hard. Bathroom had really old staining to the bath (looked like kerosene or similar would be needed to clean it) obviously gets a wipe only.

The pool was very nice - no complaints there.

EVERY piece of equipment in the gym was broken - it looked like nobody had set foot in there in years. This was of the main reasons I wanted a hotel vs a guesthouse.

Finally at a last attempt for health activities, I tried the sauna - none of the staff knew it existed - it took an hour after the first question for it to be located and unlocked. When i got in there, the staff had no idea hot to operate it, the thermostat was broken and I had to manually regulate the temperature by opening the door (as it was stuck on full). The rinse-off shower had a used sanitary pad sitting on the soap tray (yummy!).

Both computers were not working in the lobby. The restaurant was average. The breakfast buffet was not at all western friendly - not even an omelette station!

Overall I did not have a good stay here, purely because of what I paid in comparison to others. I subsequently stayed at Willkommen Guest House for a 5th of the price and it was much better.

I will not listen to travel agents in future - happy commission!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

We stayed here 2 nights, the staff were so friendly and nice, the restaurant food was excellent but the bed was a little hard and we didn't like the bathroom, no room. The lift was tiny and the TV was so old. Very close to the Airport.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2015

It is a clean hotel with old fashioned furniture. The break fast is geared up to Chinese tourist.The staff speak English and they are very helpful. The lobby is very noisy because a lot of groups sit there and wait for their buses.The bath rooms are comfortable and the hot water is available all the time. It is decent hotel for the price you pay.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Mackay, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015

There is nothing that impressed me with this hotel. The beds were so hard my wife complained so,while we appreciated the effort,the only fix they could arrange was to put two poolside bodylength sunlounge cushions on the bed under the sheets which was only slightly better.
The breakfast buffet hot dishes were, unless you're an early riser(6-6.30), mostly cold and catered to Chinese and Korean tastes.
This hotel needs a refurbishment. The room furnishings are quite dated and for the price I think we could have done much better.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Tirau, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

As this is the only hotel we've stayed at in Cambodia I can only compare it to those we used in Vietnam which were way above this standard and $US20 less per night. It was definitely average overall with only the basics supplied in the room. Although it was a good size the bed was the hardest we've had, which is saying something. The staff don't appear to be very happy and reception guys were not overly helpful although once again they did the basics. Although some may call the decor dated I think it is quite beautiful and reminds me of an English movie set with chandeliers and lots of lovely dark wood panelling, etc. The towels and bedding could definitely do with an update as they are beige rather than the white they should be. Room supplies are minimal but we found the breakfast improved over the 4 days we stayed and staff actually interacted with us more and even served us fruit and drinks with out being asked. We really enjoyed the pool for a cool off after a day at Angkor Wat and found it cool and inviting.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

There is really nothing much to shout about regarding this hotel but it is suited me fine as it served as a place to rest my weary feet. I didn't really like the wooden furniture and carpeted floor (see my photos) but it did not feel dirty. Aircond was working well! Toilet was clean.

I didn't try the pool but my friends who did enjoyed their swim.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Angkor Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Angkor Hotel

Address: National Rd #6, Phum Sala Kanseng | Sangkat Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap KH-1700, Cambodia (Formerly Allson Angkor Hotel)
Location: Cambodia > Siem Reap Province > Siem Reap
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #188 of 244 Hotels in Siem Reap
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Angkor Hotel 3.5*
Angkor Hotel has a prestigious location within Siem Reap town, where guests have high accessibility to numerous major sightseeing and entertainment. The Resort is conveniently walking distance to the popular local handicrafts Old Market, Night Market, Pub Street, and various local restaurants. Angkor Hotel is just 7 minutes away from the World Heritage site of Angkor Wat and 7 minutes from Siem Reap International Airport. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Angkor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Allson Angkor

If you own or manage Angkor Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.