“5/5” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 383 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“5/5”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed in Golden Takeo for 3 nights. The tuktuk guy picked us up from the Mekong Express bus terminal for free. The owners were there to greet us and both are very nice and accommodating. The lady owner gave us tips on buying souvenirs in the market. The guy owner immediately booked our bus tickets after we told him. Like 5 seconds after, he called Mekong Express in front of us to book our bus tickets from SIem Reap to Phnom Penh. And their food is cheap but delicious. The cook is really good. She cooks with perfection and serves food with a big smile. Our tuktuk driver is very articulate and nice to talk to. The room is clean and big enough for me and my sister. Located in the first floor, there's a kettle, a ceiling fan, a TV, of course, it's air-conditioned. And they have a fish spa, the go-to-place after a whole day of visiting the Angkor temples. We're actually surprised that we only pay US$17/ night when we knew we'll be paying US$21/ night. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

It was my first time to visit Siem Reap & I am very much glad that I did choose this guesthouse. From the owners to the staff--they are just awesome! Our tuktuk driver is very nice, he speaks good english & is always smiling. When we arrived at the hotel, the lady owner warmly welcomed us & gave us tips on how to haggle in buying souvenirs. More so, she is very familiar with the place; you can ask recommendations from her.

We stayed in the double room in the 1st storey. The room is very clean, has comfy bed, TV, desk, kettle, toiletries are also provided, including slippers. We stayed in Room 103, the toilet door doesn't fit well with the jamb so we can't close the door. Though it didn't become a problem since I stayed with my sister.

Mr.Prom urgently responded to our requests, impromptu he was able to get a bus ticket for us. He even exchanged their remote control when our TV's remote control didn't function. The staffs are so nice, they are always smiling. My personal favorite is the lady cook, she really cooks really well!!! And eventhough she needs to wake up really early to prepare our breakfast, she still did it wholeheartedly. Their roof top resto serves really good food for a very affordable price so we end up having our dinner there instead. At 7am, you can see the sunrise in the rooftop--a perfect ambiance to have your breakfast. The food is also good, it was served fast. And all of it for just USD17!

I will really recommend this guesthouse! Thanks to Mr.Prom & all his staff for providing us with good service! :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed in Golden Takeo in December and my mother visited it 2 months later. We are both grateful to Prom, who is the owner of this place and does his best to comfort his clients. The rooms are nice, cozy and clean. Guesthouse itself has a nice rooftop cafe with a rich breakfast. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Alor Setar, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

First time visiting Cambodia, and was touched with the warm welcome received. From the owner, Prom, till the staffs and tuk tuk driver, Nak. Each and everyone of them made me feel like im part of d family and not a single moment I felt as if im a foreigner.

And yes, you need to take of your shoes before entering the guesthouse.
Rooms are superbly clean! Toilets are pearly white and clean too (one of my top priorities). Had a twin bedroom, and d beds are very very spacious. As for d room rates, since I took d 1st floor, I only had to pay $19 per day.

As for other facilities, u can expect wifi connection, which is free and fast. And also bicycles for rent at $5 per day with free helmet. There is also free fish spa at the top restaurant which u can sit back and relax while getting your legs "cleaned" by the fishes.

U will have free breakfast and a cup of tea/coffee, hot/cold. As for lunch, which I had during one of d days, food were delicious! Not to mention the price, I only paid half of what I use to pay when eating in other restaurants. I was also surprised at how early they will prepare breakfast for u (in my case was 5am when I wanted to see the sunrise in Angkor Wat).

Should u need arrangements to visit any place, leave it to Prom, he will settle everything for u. All u need to do is to request. I was lucky to have Nak, my tuk tuk driver. Didnt had any communication difficulties with him. He could also introduce some places to visit or eat.

In summary, everything is made perfect because of the wonderful staffs and facilities. Would definitely stay again in this place should I visit Siem Reap in future.

Kudos to Golden TaKeo guesthouse!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Sometimes travelers crave the warmth and comfort of a home situation, especially when traveling alone. This small guesthouse ticked all the boxes, free pickup from the airport, price, room, attention to detail, great breakfast choices and staff who were so very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble.
I loved having my feet nibbled by the fish in their tank for massage, situated in the roof top dining / lounge.
A buffet diinner and show recommended by Prom was worth the effort and I thouroughly enjoyed going out for the evening. HIghly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My room was small but clean with an en suite wet room, but what really makes this place are the team running it. Everything was done with a smile. The roof top garden was an oasis, the overall location great (near a collection of guesthouses on a quiet street 10 mins from the centre) and they had the best banana pancakes for breakfast - I have been craving them ever since!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Welland, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This spot is heaven. the rooms are large and super clean. Breakfast is included and is great. You choose from a menu from fried eggs, omelettes, etc.... plus they always include loaves of fresh warm bread and a platter of fruit. Book the show from the hotel, it costs 8$ a person and includes a HUGE buffet. You can also book your bus from Siem Reap from the hotel. You can walk to the down town and night market from here, or take a open cab for a couple of $'s. Bring American cash, it's what's used. It really is lovely. You can buy beer and pop from the guesthouse and take it to your room or use the open air balcony, which is lovely and peaceful. A truly great spot. Best guesthouse I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden TaKeo Guesthouse? Share your experiences!