“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Suites Hotel

You added Heritage Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Heritage Suites Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Wat Polanka, Slokram Village, Siem Reap 93101, Cambodia   |
Ranked #16 of 244 Hotels in Siem Reap
Shanghai
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Everything was perfect. One of the best hotel we did in Asia (in term of hotel, atmosphere, food).
We stayed 4 nights, hotel is small, quite, nicely decorated, clean... we directly had the feeling to be at home...Management is very good (easy to discuss, good information about the trip...), staff is very nice... Food is also a very good... There is a band play music on the Thursday (very friendly atmosphere). After long day visiting, we were so happy to arrive at the hotel and feel so good and relaxing (enjoy the swimming pool, have a drink in the bar...).
We will definitively booked to Heritages hotel next time we will travel to Siem Reap.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We could not have felt more welcomed. Everyone was gracious and very accommodating. The room was gorgeous and I loved the location off the tourist area. The template tours they arranged were terrific, it was a great way for me to get to know the area with an expert.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Siem Reap is pretty cheap for hotels by the world's standards and this is about as inexpensive as you can stay in any Relais & Chateaux hotel, I'd imagine. The standard room was a little bit more worn and dated than we expected and not the most spacious. Other than that, it very comfortable and peaceful. The location is a bit out of town but it's a $2 or $3 to the centre. The best bit of the hotel is the bar/lounge area where you can while away many hours. The set tasting menu from the restaurant was up there with our best meals on a three and a half week trip (a definite 5 if I get round to doing a separate review). The staff are friendly and welcoming. Definitely worth your consideration for Siem Reap.

Room Tip: We were in standard which was decent but not amazing.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel has a unique atmosphere which makes it something special and a delight to come home to. No, it does not have all the glitz of a swanky five star hotel - which I must say I also enjoy - but its intimacy and the staff, make it a very special experience. We loved happy hour every night, we loved the breakfast, and the other meals either by the pool or in the restaurant, and were delightfully surprised every night with the small gifts on our bed. We also got a kick out of the airport transfers in the old Mercedes. All this combined to add to our Siem Reap experience. When you are going to somewhere as special as Angkor, it is great to have the whole package. We stayed in the Red Poppy suite which was huge, but suited us nicely..... and was blissfully quiet. We even used the steam room! The one suggestion I would make is to provide better toiletries - with the Relais & Chateaux brand, I would have loved to have been spoilt with luxurious soaps and some body cream please! Although I didn't see the standard room I would definitely recommed taking a suite. We used the Heritage Tour services which were great, and the shop was also a little treasure trove. I look forward to returning to Siem Reap and to the Heritage Suites!

Scot in the MIdlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I am a regular Relais & Chateaux customer, so this hotel was a natural choice for my trip to Angkor Wat earlier in July. I was met at the airport with cold towels and a cold drink by their exceptionally friendly driver, who gave me some excellent tips for my stay.

In the other Relais and Chateaux Hotels I have stayed in, one of the real joys has been the feeling that the senior staff (hotel proprietor, maitre'D) were around and attentive, taking a personal interest in your stay. There is no such feeling at this hotel. I didn't meet the proprietor at any time, nor did I see them around the hotel.

I decided to treat myself to a bungalow suite (Ylang-Ylang) and was impressed by the space it provided: really open and an exceptional haven in the humidity of rainy-season Cambodia. While the layout was somewhat non-traditional (toilet, shower & sink facilities quite a distance apart) I didn't find this to be a problem. You have total privacy in the room and although the garden is too small to use as such, it was a pleasant space to look on. The turn down gifts were certainly a nice touch.

I came to the conclusion that aside of the space, the Bungalow wasn't the best use of my money. There is an unusable sofa, made so by two things. Firstly, it has an absurd wooden frame which mean that you cannot lie down. Secondly, no thought has been given to the ergonomics since it is massively uncomfortable to sit on.

Most annoyingly, the same is true of the bed, which is without doubt the hardest hotel bed I have ever slept on: so hard, that I had back pain on the last day of being there. I think this is the room's most serious weakness.

The breakfast was really good: it was a la carte, but you could order as much as you liked. I loved the eggs benedict and the coffee was seriously tasty and is highly recommended. I also tried some of the cocktails and recommend those too.

The hotel tried to sell me a tour of the temples but you should be aware that there is a huge premium and you would probably do better to look on trip advisor for some of the many highly regarded tour guides in Siem Reap.

Overall, this was a nice hotel but certainly not worth

Room Tip: Avoid paying for a bungalow - not really worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

At its core, a hotel is to be used for a comfortable night's sleep. Unfortunately, this is where Heritage falls short. My understanding is that Asian beds are a bit more hard than normal although after traveling for a couple of weeks in Vietnam and Cambodia my wife and I have been more than comfortable...until we hopped in the bed at Heritage. It is basically a box spring with no padding and it squeaked anytime you moved. At first I thought maybe this was an error, but the hotel staff said all the beds were the same. One night stay of no sleep and we moved to a much more comfortable setting at La Residence d'Angkor. The hotel attempted to charge us for another night's stay because we did not cancel with a couple days notice, but after meeting with the general manager (an amicable fellow) we agreed to disagree over the bed comfort but he conceded that the squeaking isn't appealing.

Other than the bed, the hotel is located about a block off a main road in a Cambodian neighborhood that isn't all that appealing. I saw others complain about the children's school next door and while you certainly could hear them it was better than other noises. The property is nicely kept and our room (Bungalow Suite) was a little oddly laid out but spacious and clean.

• Stayed July 2013
QC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Went to enjoy happy hour at the bar and was very pleased when we arrived at the place. It is immaculately designed with the garden well-tended. Handsome bar served up pretty 2 for 1 cocktail drinks, not to be shared. We were pretty buzzed after 2 drinks! Peanuts were so good, so were the beef carpaccio and goat cheese bruschettas!!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Heritage Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!