“Wonderful Cambo-French Fusion Boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison d'Angkor

You added La Maison d'Angkor to your Saves list
La Maison d'Angkor
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   No. 71, National Road No. 6, Village Kaksekam, Siem Reap, Cambodia   |
Ranked #36 of 231 Hotels in Siem Reap
calgary
“Wonderful Cambo-French Fusion Boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

My G/f and I stayed here for 3 nights while we explored Ankor Wat and really enjoyed it. Its classy with a lot of colonial french influence blended with Cambodian charm. We found it a real refuge from the hustle and bustle of Siem Reap and Ankor. After a day of exploring the many temples at Ankor in the sun with all the crowds it was very relaxing to return to this little jem. Good food, nice pool and great staff.

Its definetly pricey for Cambodia but worth it if you want to splurge and enjoy a tranquil french influenced boutique style hotel its a great choice.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2008

I stayed at La Maison D'Angkor for four nights in November. This a great boutique hotel. It is immaculately clean and well maintained. The rooms are large with beautiful garden views. The staff is friendly and attentive. After a day of temple touing it is a pleasure to come back to the serene surroundings of La Maison D'Angkor. The staff is freindly and helpful. Joffrey Gris, the General Manager, was attentive and helpful in recommending restaurants and sites. This is not a mega hotel, but rather a charming smaller property, which is what I prefer. All of the guests seemed to have the same wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2008
Newport Coast, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

Of all the hotels we stayed at on our recent trip to SE Asia, we enjoyed this charming and well-managed boutique hotel most of all. The ambiance is relaxed and the staff is friendly and attentive. There is a French influence that is felt throughout the hotel, creating an elegant resort environment.
The grounds and buildings are maintained to high standards. Everything is clean, and the bathrooms are stylish and modern. The atmosphere is totally different from the mega-hotels up the street, which may be newer but do not have the qualities that a small boutique hotel can offer.
The manager, Mr. Joffrey Gris, made us feel welcome and gave us some good advice about restaurants and attractions. He called ahead for bookings and even planned a surprise for our anniversary dinner at a local restaurant. We have stayed at far more expensive hotels around the world, but few match the level of hospitality provided at this little hotel, and it is due in no small part to Mr. Gris.
We enjoyed several afternoon and evening swims, and frequently had the large pool to ourselves. I doubt a larger hotel would have offered the same experience. Breakfasts around the pool were very pleasant, and the food from the kitchen was quite good.
I have read some wary comments about the location being out of town. Having experienced the heat and dust of the city center, there is no question in my mind that it was worthwhile to pay a driver an extra $1 to take us back to La Maison D’ Angkor.
It is another world there. Each morning, I opened my door to see a beautiful field with cows grazing. The serenity of the hotel and adjacent property was a welcome relief from Siem Reap.
La Maison D’Angkor is an excellent choice for travelers seeking a hotel that has old-world character in a lovely garden setting. We enthusiastically recommend it!

• Liked — serenity, charm
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Dutch in Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

A lovely small scale hotel. A low rise complex, built in a stylish and charming way. The rooms were clean and spacious and nicely decked out. Staff was extremely helpful and all spoke good English. Charming garden and pool. Great Cambodian/fusion style food. Location is on the airport road, a little out of town but close to the temples. Recommended.

• Liked — Quiet, good quality and good location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
LMASiemReap, gm at La Maison d'Angkor, responded to this review, November 7, 2008
Always a real pleasure to have the expate community from Singapore staying in our Hotel.

Thanks for your comments, I will make sure to pass it on to all the staff.

Yes you are right indeed, our Boutique Hotel is out of town. This is why we are offering a FREE Schedule bus at 19h00 to town and a pick up at 22h00
Otherwise our Tuk Tuk drivers charge US$ 02.00 per way.

Our cuisine is as you saying an interesting fusion between Khmer & Western touch, knowing that our Chef, Mr Vutha is Khmer and very talented.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon again.

Joffrey
Male
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

I spend a wonderful and relaxing holiday in La Maison d'Angkor.
The room was spacious and comfortable, simple design with a touch of Cambodia. I could even sleep window open and appreciate the cool air of the night.
The restaurant proposes a selective menu, and both western and asian dishes were delicious.
The staffs were all smiling and attentive.

Great Cambodian hospitality, and relaxing moment after visiting Angkor wat and the markets hassled by all kind of tourists.

Thank you for this unforgettable stay.

Ghislaine Lê

• Liked — Quietness
  • Disliked — no beach
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
LMASiemReap, gm at La Maison d'Angkor, responded to this review, November 3, 2008
Thanks Gislhaine,

I really do appreciate your comments.

It was also nice indeed to have you with us.

Good luck in Maldives.

Best regards,

Joffrey
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

as I travel for work around the world and have stayed at thousands of hotels, i found a piece of paradise, the Angkor monuments, to the country side. what made the trip, one of the best, was La Maison d'Angkor hotel, wow what can i say, the staff and accommodation were fantastic, forget the rest stay here!!

p.s the croissants are the best we have ever had, even better than the ones in france..

• Liked — boutique hotel
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
LMASiemReap, gm at La Maison d'Angkor, responded to this review, October 16, 2008
Thanks Peter for your comments. I really do appreciate.

It is indeed a real paradise and I am proud to be part of it for the past 2 months.

You are right, my employees are doing a great job and they amaze me every single day.

Hope to see you again soon.
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

As an intrepid traveller who has been to many places and experienced many wonderful moments, I have always had nothing but praises for the people who make my dream holidays a reality. And as a regular contributor to Trip Advisor, I have always shared my candid opinions and reviews with fellow-travellers. Therefore it is with a heavy heart I write this review. I was going to visit Cambodia and the plan was to stay at the La Maison D'Angkor. As is the standard practice these days I was scouring the web for the best deals. Who doesn't, these days? I sent out a few inquiries and was awaiting eagerly for favourable replies from the various hotel search agencies. I was put on the waiting list, which was fine. But what I didn't expect was a very sarcastic and rude email reply from the General Manager of the La Maison D'Angkor, of all people. I was lambasted by one, Joffrey, for my endeavour to get the best hotel deals online. First I was informed I had a room available. Then I was told he had multiple reservations for me from the various hotel search agencies, so he cancelled all my reservations. He even had the audacity to wish me the 'best of luck in my research for a cheap hotel in Siem Reap', quote and unquote. So much for the famous Cambodian hospitality I was looking forward to. I hope the tirade was because he had a rough day at the office. I am sure he is but a minority in this hospitality industry. I am sure he will look back at his replies and admit they were all unwarranted. One can only hope though. Shame.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to La Maison d'Angkor? Share your experiences!