“Lovely place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #185 of 244 Hotels in Siem Reap
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Molly malones is very good value for money, the rooms are a nice big size very clean & have a really nice four poster bed, air con & cable tv aswell.
The staff are friendly & very helpful & u can get nice food here too. Very central right beside Pub Street. Would come back here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is probably the worst meal I've eaten in Cambodia. I ordered the fish amok and was very disappointed. The portion size was small and it was bland. I've eaten the same dish at three other establishments in the area and it was excellent and less expensive. The other two meals ordered by our party were even less appetizing. One was sent back and the other was barely touched.There was nothing wrong with the waitresses' service, but there are better options for a great meal elsewhere on the same street.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place is a dump. The room was not clean, the food is expensive & plain bad. The staff are useless, this is due to the french owner being a drunk who does nothing, and was in fact abusive to us when we complained. We complained abut the room & he chewed us out saying how dirty Cambodia was & what did we expect for our money! We have never had a worst host. Just walk one minute & you will find so many small hotels, cheaper, quieter & much more friendly.

The problem is, apart from the owner from hell runs this place but it is on Pub Street which is stacked with younger folk until the very early hours & is therefore really noisy. Add in the numerous bars playing loud music & soon you feel like you are going mad. The food is served in the bar & is of a stunningly low quality. The chicken was cold, the vegetables boiled to death, they may have been reheated. Not just that but very small portions at a high price. The breakfast is greasy & poked it for a while before we both gave up. There are so many better places, do not waste you holiday here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you want to be in the middle of the action in Siem Reap, this is the place to stay. Rooms are great, although there were some problems with water during our stay in early June. But the location can't be beat, right on Pub Street with numerous options for eating and entertainment literally at your doorstep. If you want to avoid the "package tour" type hotels, I recommend that you book here. We certainly enjoyed it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

very cool place, fun. great live music. easy access to get to the ruins etc. friendly staff arranged our transport to the airport. overall very good value for the $ in Siem Reap. Be sure to check out the nights when they have live music.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Siem Reap, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

It's hard to find good live music in Siem Reap, but this is the place. Consistently good bands, and reasonably priced beer.

They support local NGOs including donating all their used cooking oil to a local non-profit that converts it into clean burning fuel and a biodegradable degreaser.

They also consistently support other non-profits by donating prizes to quiz nights and hosting quiz nights as well.

Support local ethical businesses in Siem Reap. Check it out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Phumi Siem Reap, Takev, Cambodia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I pre booked on Agoda and when I arrived they didn't have any record but the morning staff was very helpful and put me in room 10 on the top floor with a large balcony overlooking Pub Street. Since it was only 9 am they said I could lock my belongings in the room and move into my room when it was ready. When it was all said and done they just let me stay there. It was a free upgrade and I was pretty happy until night time hit and it was SO LOUD. I can normally sleep any place any time but this was an exception. I'm not a late night partier anymore but if you are then you would be happy with this room and with a few drinks would probably sleep just fine. A couple things that were a bit of a bummer were that the water wouldn't come out sometimes at all. Luckily it did work when I wanted to take a shower in the morning. Also, they started to clean my room and had clean sheets and towels but once I put my stuff in there they never finished sweeping and mopping. The next day they moved me into room 8 which is still on the top floor with the lanai but tucked in on the back side and is MUCH quieter. They cleaned it that morning and it was spotless! I was able to take a shower as soon as I moved in there around 8:30 am and they delivered my laundry I had given them the day before to my room. In the afternoon the water wouldn't work again. Maybe they do laundry in the afternoon and it takes all the water pressure? Also, the wifi is iffy which is a bummer for me since I work remotely and have to get things done on time. When it didn't work , I just went to a cafe which on a positive note, got me out more. Over all it was a pretty good stay and I might stay here again if I can have room 8!

Room Tip: Room 8! Not rooms 9 or 10!