“Awesome-perfect hotel location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Steung Siemreap Hotel

You added Steung Siemreap Hotel to your Saves list
Steung Siemreap Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Street 9, Mondul I, Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap 17000, Cambodia   |
Ranked #118 of 231 Hotels in Siem Reap
Long Beach, California
“Awesome-perfect hotel location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We heartily recommend this hotel 100%. We travelled as 3couples and stayed at Steung Siemreap Hotel for 4nights on from Feb27 - March02,2012. We got 3 "deluxe" rooms on the swimming pool side of the hotel with pool view and balcony. Here's just a few facts why we "love" this hotel and will come back to stay and recommend the hotel to anyone we know who will visit Siemreap. We did so much research before our trip and lucky to come across this hotel recommended by another TA traveler.

Reason 1 is their hotel room, we got "deluxe" rooms, quiet, pool view, balcony,roomy-high-ceiling, AC, clean,nicely decorated, everything was supplied from TV with local channels, "my wife had cambodian music channel on the whole time, eventhough we couldn't understand a word, but it got us in the mood of being in their country", fully loaded supplied of toiletries, fridge, your own electric tea-kettle, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, 2free bottles of water everyday, coffee-creamer-sugar etc.....anything else you need within reasons just call front-desk OR anything you are unhappy about the room, just let them know and they will accomodate you to the best of their capabilities and availability.

Reason 2: The atmosphere. Reason why I said this is because they truely practice "hospitality". Each staff has interpret "hospitality" concept into their own signature, none of them are alike. They are great people, full of sincerity politeness, helpful, smile, acknowledge you whenever or wherever they see you. I don't feel because we paid their paycheck, how honest can you said you have been to 4-6* hotel and the staffs sincerely acknowledge you and attempt to remember your name. They are curious about you as a human being, if you give them the time of day to interact with them; they will share more about their ways of life, knowledges....etc.... We were impressed with all of them, and people that help us the most were Myoura(male) and Kimmech(female) at the front-desk.

Reason 3: The Food. To us it was a generous, good varieties available everyday, cleanly prepared-displayed, and fill up just as fast when the food are gone. There's a chef available to you every morning to prepare your choice of how your eggs should be cooked.

Reason 4: The Pool. To us it wasn't cold like Calif.water in the 60degrees year round. Cool water and felt good to jump in after our temples hikes under hot sun. Try their hot-sour chicken wings...it's so crunchyyy and yummy, great pool side order.

Reason 5: Option of having a kitchenette room.

Reason 6: NO tuk tuk needed, money saving expense. You are walking distance to everything to explore in the morning or at night, litterally 1minute walk to Pub street, 5minutes walk to the old market, night market, or "new" night market, shop until you drop and it's all in walking distance.

Recommendations:
Use mosquitos spray if you are going out at night, your feet, toes or arms...etc...

There a market store near by, go buy water, sodas, beer...as you need and stock up in your fridge. ***if you are hiking and out all day, remember to put a bottle or 2 of your water in the freezer slot overnite, when you leave the next day out on your outting, the ice bottle water will help you cool down and you have cold water to drink at hands.

Eat at Aha restaurant if you can splurged, food is excellent, service is okay.
Eat at Selandra if you can splurged, food is good and attentive services, they are right there within good distance; and give you full eye-contacts incase you need anything. They greet you, give you cold-scented towels to clean your hands before eating. Try Banana Blossom and chicken salad, it's to die for, full of flavor.

***Warning***Eat at Abacus if you can spluged, the burger is awesome if you misses home and need a burger. Burger is big with fries, can be shared by 2. This is a french-cambodian fusion. The burger is cooked to your liking, gourmet, flavorful, BUT the services is terrible if you ask me; and I'm a go with the flow type of guy. The male-service person didn't even bother to greet, introduce himself, no clean towels, no free water***not even tap, didn't even want to explain, offer any meal-suggestions, you are pretty much needs to know what you like. I went there for a burger because I have been travelling for 15days already and salivating-dreaming for a good old burger; so I sucked it up, just eat my burger and left. And thankful for all other places have been giving me great services.

Buy stuffs - my wife said: remember to bargainnnnn, whatever price they give you, cut it in 1/2 and go up from there.

Try Dr Fish massage......one of those fish tank where you dip your feet in. Go with the one that has little fish if it's your first time. It's cool.

Massage - it's so cheap and good for your health. $6/hour at Kimmech's sister massage palor, just a 5min walk from the hotel. (Kimmech - front desk lady at Steung Hotel). Hotel price is pricey in my opinion.

Good luck! I was greatful for such an experience that this country has given me; may this info help you all make good choices in your travelling.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed at the Steung Siem Reap for 8 nights and could not fault it in any way. The staff were polite and always smiling and the room was large, well equipped and spotless. I stayed in room 229 which overlooked the swimming pool and the Buddhist Wat next door. It was a lovely room with the wooden floors and teak style furniture. Everything was supplied - hot drinks, toiletries, hairdryer, robes and slippers. The power shower was amazing and certainly relieved the aches I got from the long flight to Cambodia! Good variety of food available...breakfast and lunches. I used the pool every day and it was a godsend after trapsing around the temples in the stifling heat. Some other reviews said it was freezing but I found it just the right temperature...may be because it was so hot when I was there! The location of the hotel is second to none - very central - literally seconds to town, the night markets and The Alley. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I emailed the hotel in advance and asked for a room on a high floor - I didn't get this but was...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Pattaya, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I just completed a five night stay at the Steung Siem Reap Hotel.

This hotel has a perfect location, right in the heart of all the day and night activity yet just far away so that you hear no noise at night. I had a deluxe room with a balcony facing the street and noise was never an issue.

Hotel rooms are large and beautiful. Towels are old and need to be upgraded. The breakfast was somewhat limited but okay. Swimming pool only got sun from early morning until about 1:00 p.m. and the water was very cold.

The staff at the hotel couldn't have been nicer or more friendly. Great group of people.

Overall, a great place to stay in Siem Reap if you are looking for a 3.5* hotel.

Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: Request a room in the building with the swimming pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights with my family during Christmas. It was a wonderful stay for us.
Location of the hotel is excellent which is just a walking distance to the old and new night markets for shopping. Just across the road is the popular Pub Street where you can dine and wine in the many restaurants.
Although the buffet breakfast is quite basic with some western and local foods, it is enough to fill our stomachs before we set out for the great exploration of Angkor Wat. My children stayed in a triple bedded room which is clean and quite spacious. As for the parents, we stayed in corner room which is very spacious.

Wit such an excellent location, it is advisable to book early.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

The breakfast selection is good. Only grouse - you will walk out smelling of fried eggs as the egg station is located right at the entrance and there is no exhaust for the the fumes to escape.

The customer service can be better though:
1: although we had a twin share room (2 person to a room) - we were only given 1 room keycard despite our request for another. The reply was a curt "it is not possible".

2: there were only 1 pillow each on the bed. we had to go down personally to the reception (we tried to call from our room but no one answered) to ask for more - again the quota was 1 extra pillow per guest. I asked for 2 extra as the pillow on my bed was very soft. The reply was again a curt "it is not possible".

3: although it was advertised that free WiFi is available, we need to ask for the password and network is not stable. On our 3rd day, they changed the password, but we were not informed of that. Only when we enquire, that they gave us the new password. It was frustrating in that sense.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed at the Steung Siem Reap as part of a work conference and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

I was a little dubious when I found out we were staying in a 3.5* hotel, as we are used to being put up in 4-5* hotels for business trips. However I was very pleasantly surprised and impressed by the quality of hotel, given it was only rated as 3.5*.

The rooms were very spacious, the beds comfortable and the traditional architecture just gorgeous. The pool was a little chilly, however after a stinking hot day walking around Angkor Wat, it's just what was needed.

The location was absolutely fantastic, with Pub Street being a mere 5mins walk away. Tuk tuk's were always readily on hand and it never cost more than a few dollars to get anywhere.

I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Siem Reap!

Room Tip: The rooms on the pool side of the hotel are a bit quieter and have lovely views over the pool
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Bribie Island, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Everything was great except the POOL it was freezing!!
top marks to the Staff- cleanliness of the rooms- the ambiance-location

Room Tip: So close to markets, Pub Street, plenty of Tuk Tuks available.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Steung Siemreap Hotel? Share your experiences!