1) Excellent service and prompt reply to queries regarding the booking of rooms
1) Upon arrival at 830am at Bou Savy ("Bou"), was informed that check-in available at 930am as previous guests had not checked out.
2) My friends and I decided to start on a one day tour instead of waiting for check-in. Hired driver from Bou. Bou offered to check in our luggage first.
3) Returned to Bou evening time and was told that no rooms available and check-in to Bou is not possible as the previous guests had not checked out and were uncontactable
4) Bou relocated us to a nearby affiliated guesthouse for that night as an interim solution and we were expected to check-in to Bou the following day after the errant guests checked out.
5) We requested Bou to make arrangement to stay in the affiliated guesthouse for the whole trip as it did not make sense for us to move around just because Bou failed to check us in. Bou acceded to our request and acknowledged that it was their mistake that we could not check in. However, Bou proposed that we had our complimentary breakfast at Bou instead of the affiliated guesthouse. This did not make sense either since we were not staying at Bou. Bou subsequently agreed to our request to have breakfast at the affiliated guesthouse. Rooms rates and additional requests as confirmed prior to trip would remain unchanged.
6) Bou subsequently informed that the free transfer to airport, as previously agreed, would not be available. Reason given by Bou was that we agreed to hire the driver from Bou for visit to the relics but instead we hired alternative transport on our own.
7) What transpired between us and the driver was that IF we needed a car for that day, we would then contact him. On the basis that we "played game" with Bou, Bou would also "play game" with us, as per verbatim from son of Bou's owner. Son hung up on my call after I suggested that we sort this out face to face to clear any miscommunication.
8) On day of check out, the owner of the affiliated guesthouse charged room rates differently. It became apparent that Bou did not inform affiliated guesthouse of our agreed room rates, even after we twice confirmed with Bou that rates remained as per agreed.
Summary of experience with Bou
a) Throughout the whole episode, we had difficulty contacting son of Bou's owner to clarify and sort out the issues (inability to check in, breakfast arrangement, confirmation of rates & transport to airport). Communication was done via a 3rd party (driver) or over phone
b) Son refused to take onwership and responsibility
c) Horrendous attitude of son during my dealings with him ("played game" reason & hanging up on the phone)
i) Strongly recommend NOT to patronise Bou
ii) Although reviews on Bou have been positive thus far (also the reason why i chose Bou initially), it only takes one bad experience to bring out the ugly side of Bou, especially so if it came from the son of Bou's owner
iii) We were fortunate that the stay at the affiliated guesthouse had been wonderful. Count it a blessing in disguise.
iv) Hope that my personal experience will be a reference for travellers to think twice before patronising Bou. Afterall, we all have our fair share of good/bad experiences and i am by no means imposing all of you to boycott Bou. You decide for yourself. At the very least, if people come to me for advice, my stand is very clear to drop Bou Savy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bou Savy Guest House is one of the high quality budget guesthouses in Siem Reap Angkor which managed by a Cambodian people (family atmosphere). The Guesthouse is located on National Road N#6, 60 metters off the main road that is away from noise and dust. Just 5 minutes walking to Royal Garden and Lucky Mall Super Market. And taking 10 to 15 minutes walk to the Old Market and Angkor Night Market ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bou Savy Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bou Savy Guest House Hotel Siem Reap