“Nice Hotel Close to Old Market and Pub Street” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Reaksmey Chanreas Hotel

You added Reaksmey Chanreas Hotel to your Saves list
Reaksmey Chanreas Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Sivatha Rd Mondul I | The Passage, Old Market Area, Siem Reap 17252, Cambodia   |
Ranked #128 of 244 Hotels in Siem Reap
bangkok
“Nice Hotel Close to Old Market and Pub Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Siem Reap, Cambodia-Reaksmey Chanreas Hotel & Restaurant
330 Sivatha Blvd.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
www.reaksmeychanreashotel.com
Email: info@reaksmeychanreashotel.com
Tel: +855 63 963 557, +855 12 849 967, +855 12 784 967
Directly across from Capitol Tours, the bus company, pub street and close to the old market/Psar Chas.
My room on the 1st floor has a closet, desk, a couple of wooden chairs, comfy beds, good mini-fridge, standard two free waters plus water boiler to enjoy the free coffee and tea packets, CCTV for security, air-con, big bathroom with the usual toiletries, 80 channels of Tee Vee with +/- 12 in English, free wi-fi, and it looks good. First night I stayed somewhere else, as usual. I never really care but use that first day to scout out better, if needed, accommodation. Here, I decided to move to Reaksmey. So far it's nice. Quite too. Though at $20.00/night I'd like to have breakfast added. I mean, they have a restaurant and I saw a buffet laid out, man!
Bicycles for rent all around, 1-2-4 dollars depending on quality.
I stayed a week here. All is good.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back away from the street though I slept soundly.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

No breakfast as reception told me beware travelers and they are this lady below so blur will put her name in the trip advisor she realy so screw up big time and they have no makup room or privatecy sign till i slept naked then no time they clean came in my room and saw me with undies

Room Tip: The room has water all over
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great location with a minute walk to the famous night market and pub street. I was given a room by the street front and the noise had been disturbing me during the day and the night. I booked for a suite room, which was just big that gave you more space. It didn't give you the feeling of staying in the suite though as the amenities they set would be the same as in the other standard rooms. The room was clean when I checked in. I had king size bed with 5 pillows. The bathroom was big, clean and nice with separate shower.

I had breakfast included in my package but it could be the worst breakfast that I have ever had in the hotel. My breakfast was served with black coffee, then fried egg and toast with jam and butter. Nothing else!!!

As their restaurant was at the front of the hotel. You can have the smell of food (local food) once you walked into the hotel. The smell wasn't pleasant when I first checked in.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side is not good if you want a quiet one.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Tehran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was 3 days in this hotel. This is in a fantastic location, so near to night market, pub street , old markets & etc.....u could find many markets and restaurant near the hotel. exactly every thins there is right . we had free breakfast ( toast, egg, tea or coffee and jam) . kindly staff very polite . Always tuk tuk are in access frot of the hotel for going to angkor wat and other places. the rooms are so clean and tha bath too. and about facilities in room : ac / coffee table/ refrigrator .just there isnt phone in rooms . but generally i think there is very nice place for staying at your trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I ended up moving here after my first hotel just didn't do it for me. The rooms there were too dark, noisy and the breakfast was a complete ravaged mess (Angkor Pearl). So I was given a free upgrade here to the king suite at the top floor at a special price, since the owner of the aforementioned place told me his mom was the owner of this hotel. I must give props to the guy (Peter?) for taking care of me and extending this offer. My stay was so much better!

The well-situated location of the Reaksmey Chanreas is the best part. It is a stone's throw to Pub Street and has a nice food stall right next door, in front of the liquor store, that is open only at night. They make excellent smoothies too. You'll see the lady boys also hanging out next to the food place, since it seems there is a club they do their business at. It just adds to the flavor of the area I must say.

There is the Lemongrass massage spa at the end of the block. This place sucked!! I don't understand all the good reviews. You even have to be dressed while they give you a massage and it is totally overpriced. I actually had the best massage (only 6 riel for a Khmer massage) at this little place that is right next door to the Blue Pumpkin. Not the one on the main street across from hotel but the one closer to the market and Pub St. I don't remember the name :(

The room I had was very quiet and relaxing, with much more light than the other place. Only thing that upset me were these drunken middle-aged Aussies staying on the same floor as I, who woke me up in the middle of the night right outside my door making a big ruckus. I had to wake up at 4 AM for a sunrise trip to Angkor Wat and so that ruined my day, since it was a chore to get back to sleep after that. Oh well, it was not the hotel's fault.

The hotel is well-maintained but lacks any real charm or warmth. I don't really care about that but it seems that some do, having read a few other reviews of this place. For the price of about $20 you can't beat it. The breakfast is rather weak - a fried egg with two pieces of toast and coffee. There was never anyone else eating there when I ate and I even had to turn the lights on myself just to not be sitting in the dark all alone. It also seems they don't really like to have the A/C on, so expect to sweat a bit if you spend some time on one of the two Internet computers near the front.

All in all a nice place with excellent location. Please note: they don't have a lift, so expect to walk up and down a lot of stairs. I was on the 4th floor, but I liked the exercise. I would not take a room near the stairwell. It seems it could get pretty noisy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights, after comparing about 10 hotels/guesthouses by foot in this neighbourhood. The chanreas is not a charming little backpackers guesthouse with a nice lounge to meet fellow travelers. It's a pretty large hotel with long empty corridors, but it offers the best rooms in siem reap. Spacious rooms, real bathroom, with separate shower (not right above toilet), tv with couple of english channels, good AC, goooooood beds!!!! Perfect location: center of center, but had no problem with noise as the room was at the back. 15$ for a large, clean room with incredibly comfortable beds and a top location ,... Good value for money in siem reap. (no extras included such as breakfast or bikes, except for 2 waterbottles every day and free wifi)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Siem Reap
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Having stayed in Yangon, Myanmar for a while where the hotel prices are ever increasing I absolutely breathe a sigh of relief on arrival in Cambodia even more so on entering the Reaksmey. Like a lot of places it does not have in room safety boxes but is still very good. Good laundry service and good people here. Typically $15-$25 per night.

Room Tip: Stay away from my favourite please ;-)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Reaksmey Chanreas Hotel? Share your experiences!