We stayed at the Royal Angkor Resort as part of a tour of Cambodia. The hotel is located slightly outside Siem Reap proper (about a 10 min tuk tuk ride), but very close to the Angkor Archeological Park. We stayed in the low season so the price was very good, but the hotel did feel empty and underutilised. The pool area is great, and the staff were friendly and very attentive (perhaps because there didn't appear to be many guests!).
The rooms are large and have everything you expect of a 4-5 star hotel, although the rooms did have a slightly musty 1980ish feel about them. Once again, perhaps the low number of guests might have contributed to the feeling of the place. The breakfast was not up to the standard of other 4-5 star hotels we have stayed in, including in Cambodia.
Overall, the hotel was nice enough, and was in an excellent hotel to explore Angkor Park etc. If the price is right, then it is a good value 4 star hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Royal Angkor Resort And Spa
- Royal Angkor Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Angkor Resort & Spa is a Khmer Classical Designed Resort located in the heart of Siem Reap Angkor. The building is inspired by early 20th Century classical Khmer Architecture; consisting of matured, selected Cambodian species of fauna & flora in a carefully manicured Garden. The Royal Angkor Resort & Spa promotes a unique theme that centres on the culture, heritage, food and the way of life of the Cambodian people. We call it "The Khmer Journey & Experience". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Venere and Otel so you can book your Royal Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.