“Great stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 244 Hotels in Siem Reap
Perth, Australia
“Great stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Me and my partner staying here for 3 days.
The location is very central and is close to the main city.
The hotel is beautiful, big, clean and fantastic and welcoming staff.
We were spoilt by a complimentary platter of cheesecakes on our arrival.
The buffet breakfast was amazing with an unbelievable variety of choices and of the highest quality.
I am a vegetarian and I managed to have different type of breakfast every day I was there. Very good start to the day!
We also had dinner one night in the restaurant and loved it too.
The hotel Staff arranged tuk tuk for us, the driver was Chanda and we cannot thank him enough for going out of his way to make our stay special. He showed us the local places, told us about local history and was very accommodating.
The room was fantastic and had everything you would need and much much more. Great selection of tv channels if u wanted to stay in during the hot afternoon. Bathroom was spotless and everything working well. Our bath tub had jacuzzi features :)
We also tried the spa and liked it.
I have to mention that we did feel that the staff were lacking some massaging techniques as it did not feel as relaxing as the massages we had had done in previous hotels regardless, still enjoyed it.
The pool is fantastic, just what u need after a long and hot day from the temples.
Would definitely recommend it and will surely return.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sethya N, Resident Manager at Royal Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Rush911,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at Royal Angkor Resort& Spa. I was so glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, the location, and that you found most of the service you received to your expectations. Having read your commend about the staff were lacking some massaging techniques as you did not feel as relaxing as the massages you had done in previous hotel stay, I would like to apologies for the issues and I have passed this on to my spa manager for improvement.

I do hope that you will join us again in the near future where I am sure you will have another excellent stay with us.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Well, we loved everything about this hotel. It's location-about 10 minutes by tuk tuk out of town-hence sleep quality was brilliant. The appearance is great-longish circular driveway with very attractive gardens. The staff-best we encountered anywhere in our travels of Siem Reap and Vietnam. They were so helpful, nothing was a problem, The restaurant is very good foe a hotel. Brekkie was not too inspiring though-the only let down really. Pool is beautiful, resort facilities all very nice and a lovely massage centre which is well managed and very pleasant. Loved this hotel. Will definitely be back.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valerie,

Thank you for your lovely review of Royal Angkor Resort& Spa on Tripadvisor.

I am so happy to read that you had a good stay with us and that you will be returning to us upon your next visit. We do strive to make every guests experience here with us unique so to read that we have succeeded is just fantastic.

Thank you once again and best regards,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I spent a week with the friendly staff at the Royal Angkor in October 2013. Cambodians are very friendly people and the staff at the Royal Angkor ramp it up a notch further. We travel regularly both within Australia and around the world and we have never met a more genuinely friendly hotel staff than this. Nothing is too much trouble, they ask after you in a genuinely caring way, they often pre-empt your request, and when they serve you it's with the intent to meet your expectations 100%. And the hotel is lovely too - generous, spacious rooms, elegantly decorated, and with luxury appointments. And one last tip - don't miss the on-site massage!

Room Tip: Balcony room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve,

I was delighted to read your feedback following your stay at Royal Angkor Resort& Spa. I was so glad that you found our service met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to all the team. I do hope that you will come to stay with us again in the near future where I am sure you will have another excellent stay with us.

Klang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

royal angkor resort truly great and they have a very very royalty staff. every minute every hours the staff or the supervisor or manager pass by....
they will drop by and say :

*good morning , good afternoon , good night sir/mdm...
*hows ur day ?
*where has u been today ?
* do u need any helps from us ?

even i get the promotion from groupon.com with a price of rm 358 (np rm600), but they really treat u as good as they family members. most impressive,important, highly highlight - the staff in royal angkor resort in s.reap r much much friendly and NOT MONEY FACE then naga world staff in p.phen.

THE ONLY COMPLAIN : the corridor too dark.. the light too dim.. abit scary

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sophia,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the service you received during your stay. I have a very passionate team here at Royal Angkor Resort& Spa who take great pride in the service they deliver. These have already been passed on to them. I have also taken note of your comment about the corridor and the light too dim, Please rest assured we have taken on board for immediate improvement. Once again many thanks for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Couldn't say enough good things about this hotel! My friend and I were treated like royalty and the staff were very accommodating, personal and sweet. The room was incredible (we were lucky enough to get an upgrade) and with a view to match! The pool and gym/spa facilities were relaxing and there was always something to do. The breakfast buffet was the best I have ever been to - you could stay at the hotel for weeks and not get bored! The lunch/dinner restaurant was also nice and with lovely staff. Although the hotel is away from the city (about 10mins drive) it is much quieter than staying in the centre of Siem Reap and tuk tuks/shuttles are easy to book. My friend and I were very sad to leave - we had an amazing time here! Would thoroughly recommend to honeymooners or friends/couples wanting a relaxing few days in Siem Reap. Thank you to the beautiful staff who made our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor which was amazing! would recommend paying for a pool view room especially...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us at Royal Angkor Resort& Spa. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed all the facilities and service we provide you with. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Colden, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was truly a great place to stay. Can't say enough about the staff, the quality of the entire property. We picked this property because my husband wanted to be able to relax from temple sightseeing by having a pool where he could swim, feel refreshed, and just relax. The hotel also arranged for our tickets to PHARE Cambodian circus and our boat trip to Battambang. It is located a bit outside of town but the hotel does have a shuttle to town or you can use a tuk tuk which will cost $3 each way or less if you're a good bargainer. The hotel has a small gift shop. I bought postcards there, stamps, and the hotel mailed them out for me. The breakfast buffet was very good-quality and quantity of items to choose.

When we ran into difficulties with our international flight and didn't arrive until January 8, 2014 when we were supposed to arrive January 5, 2014 we could have been charged for the 14 nights originally booked. However, the hotel and the booking agency we used graciously only charged us for the 11 nights we were there. Now that's what I call good service along with good public relations. Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay here again. We had a lovely time and enjoyed everything about this beautiful property.

Room Tip: We had room 411 which had a great pool view. Loved the deep claw foot bathtub. The beds were very...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sethya N, Resident Manager at Royal Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Chris,

Thanks for your kind review and provided photographs of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor!

I was really happy that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned you enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel but the most important aspect is the service which I was please to read that met with your expectations. I have passed on your feedback to my brilliant team and really do hope that you will come and stay with us again soon.

AndrewColquhoun76
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My party of 3 adults and 2 children stayed in the Royal Angkor for 5 nights in April for a family holiday. In advance of our stay we requested connecting rooms, a cot bed and free airport transfer, all of which happened flawlessly. The hotel is a 15-minute drive from Siem Reap, 15 mins or so by tuk-tuk to Siem Reap town centre, and about 20 mins' drive to Angkor Wat, so the location is very convenient.

The double bed in our room was large and comfortable - both my wife and I felt we had a very good sleep. The room generally was presentable, although a few creepy-crawlies appeared from time to time - probably unavoidable in the suburban location.

Staff service and hospitality were excellent throughout our stay. Staff demonstrated great patience and good humour with the antics of our occasionally naughty 4-yr-old and 2-yr-old. Several staff knew us by name by the end of the short stay. We received helpful advice on local activities and help with booking. The hotel kindly accommodated our request for a late check-out.

There were a few rough edges, although not enough to knock off a point. The shower in our room was a plug-in attachment to the taps in the bath. The shower head broke on our 4th day. The cot bed we were given also developed a fault on the 3rd day, admittedly perhaps possibly because of the wear and tear our kids were inflicting. Internet access in our 4th-floor rooms was patchy. One of the two elevators developed a fault during our stay, although this was quickly fixed. This was a good example of a favourable feature of the hotel - any problems that arose, at least for us, were swiftly resolved.

We ate several meals in the hotel restaurant. Quality was good to very good, and great value for money (by international if not Cambodian standards). We ate breakfast in the hotel every day which was perfectly satisfactory.

The pool is huge and well-equipped with shaded loungers and tables. Gym facilities are restricted and not air-conditioned.

Value for money overall was very good, although Cambodia is an inexpensive destination.

Highly recommended for a family holiday in Siem Reap.

Room Tip: Ask ahead for connecting rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Andrew,

I was very pleased to read your complimentary comments regarding your family stays with us. I have a very passionate team here at Royal Angkor Resort& Spa who take great pride in the service they deliver. Your comment has already been passed on to the team. I sincerely hope we can exceed your expectations even more on your next visit to Siem Reap. Once again thanks for highly recommended our Resort on TripAdvisor!

Kind regards,

Resident Manager

Been to Royal Angkor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!