“Honesty is the best policy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sokha Angkor Resort

You added Sokha Angkor Resort to your Saves list
Sokha Angkor Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   National Road No 6, Sivatha Street Junction | 1km from Old Market and Pub Street, Siem Reap 855, Cambodia   |
Ranked #72 of 244 Hotels in Siem Reap
Phnom Penh
“Honesty is the best policy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I recently spent 5 days at the Sokha Siem Reap, as a regular returnee to the hotel. When i was shown my room I quickly unpacked as I had to meet friends downtown. I took some money out of my wallet as I do not normally carry my wallet with me when I go out. I also travel with two mobile phones. In my haste I left one mobile and my wallet on the desk. When i returned to my room later that night i found a note from the Guest Services Manager advising that my wallet and phone were found by the turn down staff and reported to to Management. My wallet and phone were sealed in an envelope, witnessed by two additional staff, and put into the Front Office Safe.
i have to congratulate the Sokha Siem Reap staff for their honesty and the professional way they handled this situation.May next time I should take a little more time and us the in room safe. Great work guys, you get my vote!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I picked up a bargain deal on Agoda for two nights at Sokha. After staying in tourist class hotels for the preceding two weeks it was a wonderful, luxury end to my holiday. The pool is fantastic. Crystal clear, great cocktails...you can easily while away a few hours here. Rooms are generous in size, exceptionally quiet and big fluffy pillows (which you really appreciate after two weeks of concrete headboards typical in most Asian hotels).
Highly recommend a stay here - its a fine antidote for the travel weary.

• Stayed August 2012
Albury, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Sokha Angkor for four nights at the end of our trip around Thailand, Vietnam and Phnom Penh. We were very keen to have a relaxing end to our holiday and see Angkor Wat after experiencing wonderful service everywhere we had stayed previously (see our other reviews).
Unfortunately we were very disappointed with our stay here. my sister and her husband had stayed a week previously and had said that despite it being busy with the Asian Economic summit on there they were very happy. We arrived to the end of the summit having our bags screened through security which we understood. unfortunaltey after checking in, the majority of encounters with staff were poor. The waitress in the restaurant that night never smiled and being the only ones having dinner there we felt like an inconvenience. breakfast was a disappointment on all but the last morning. The first morning we were shown to a table with a filthy table cloth and after not receiving our milk with our coffee we asked a waiter. We were shocked when he reached across to a dirty table and took the milk off there. We refused it. The selection was poor except for this morning when we left when it appeared a large group was staying in the hotel.
We were never once addressed by our names which we got to expect at many five star hotels especially at reception. When we were organising our prearranged airport transfer time they tried to get us to pay $14 for it despite it being on the computer that this was included. When we corrected them they appeared a bit surly.
Despite this there were some highlights as we don't like to find fault. A birthday cake appeared for my husbands birthday and the Jasmin Spa was excellent. We both used it on two occasions. Well done to the amazing staff there.
The room was quite good and kept clean, although often late in the afternoon when we were coming back from our sightseeing. our taxi driver said on the way there that this hotel was owned by someone very close to the government and that many politicians stay there. Whether this is true or not, my recommendation would be to treat all guests equally as service is the name of the game. We would be unlikely to reccomend this to anyone who asks where to stay in Siem Reap. This is a shame as we have encountered nothing but great service anywhere else in Asia.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We spent 5 nights at this hotel end of June, which is in a great location close enough to town to enjoy all it has to offer. However, a very expensive camera went missing from our locked bedroom which was reported to the management immediately. The reaction from management was extremely slow and not particularly forthcoming. We flew back to Phnom Phen the next day expecting to hear from the hotel that our camera had been recovered, or at least some offer of an apology - but nothing. I have been in touch with the hotel constantly and sadly they are now ignoring my emails. This is not what I would expect from a 5* hotel.
Whilst the hotel is lovely and the spa excellent I will not be staying here again nor will I recommend it to my friends.
Would like to have shared some of the many beatuful photos we took but sadly no camera!!;0(

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Emmett_Mc_Henry, General Manager at Sokha Angkor Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
This case was investigated by our security, and later by the police. The conclusion was that there was no sufficient evidence to indicate any wrong doing. We offered to give the guest as well as the police a letter stating that the guest lost his camera in Siem Reap while on holiday, so that an insurance claim could be made. I personally sent three emails to the guest stating the findings.

We pride our staffs on their honesty as everyday guests leave valuables in their rooms, or leave the safe open, and is reported each time. We even have a honesty program in place in the hotel. We are sorry that the guest lost his camera, and it has left a bad feeling about Cambodia.

Emmett Mc Henry
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel last winter. Everything were well-organized with nice decor and our room was spacious.
We booked spa through hotel also it was a heavenly relax and staffs were experienced.
We definitely return back to the nice stay here, this lovely country again and our friendly tour guide, Sam Pho ( siemreapguideservices.com and we became good friend )

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed here for four nights in order to visit the temples. Firstly the rooms are a good size. My two teenage sons and I shared a room comfortably. The bathroom was immaculate and very spacious and had a great array of complimentary toiletries. In the heart of busy siem reap this hotel is just a hop skip and a jump to the bustling nightmarket. Service was good, could be a bit impersonal in comparison to other far east destinations, but most guest are only there for a couple of days.

Pool was super and a great place to relax after working your way round Angkor Wat, when we were there we mainly had the pool area to ourselves. Great poolside menu which was reasonable and served delicious food and milkshakes! Nice bar area with extensive cocktail menu. All in all a comfortable place to stay for visiting the temples and with a good central location for night time explorations. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SVL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

It always feels good to be here. The club rooms are bright and airy with palms & beautiful bouquets.. stained glass between bedroom and bath . Big baths and bathrooms. Big TV's with a dozen languages. Turn down that includes clean-up and a lovely snack. There's a pillow menu and extra quilts available.. Always book poolside.

They are currently installing routers to be wireless in all rooms. Only breakfast will need some improvement when that's done (but they do have many foods, great olive oil..available on request.

Room Tip: Club room, poolside back from the pool.