“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 230 Hotels in Siem Reap
Houston, Texas
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Outstanding! We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is centrally located with easy access to all Siem Reap attractions and activities. The hotel has a nice minimalistic look about it. But the hotel grounds with it's garden and water features, the Art deco furnishing and candle lighting, makes this a very inviting place. We were upgraded to a suite on arrival. The suite is spacious, well-lit with large windows, and well appointment with modern amenities. The Italian marble bathroom is luxurious. The hotel has 2 pools - the infinity pool on the upper level is impressive. The restaurants onsite are nice. Breakfast on the bed swing was a fun experience. Last but not least, a special mention needs to be made of the staff and the exceptional service we received.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

What a truly wonderful property. Ideally situated in the heart of Siem Reap, the Park Hyatt comprises an impressive number of rooms and suites, multiple dining options and attractions. Although I had reserved a standard room, I was upgraded to a suite upon arrival which was a nice surprise. The bedroom and living area were incredibly spacious and comfortable, as was the bathroom which contained an impressive bathtub (with TV), shower, separate toilet and 'his and her' sinks. There was also ample storage space for clothes. in addition, there was a welcoming private outdoor area with dining table and chairs and a private pool. I did not dine at the hotel, save for the odd room service breakfast which was delightful. The upper level swimming pool at the hotel is impressive, boasting a canal like path complete with bridge and an infinity edge. The spa treatments on offer are good. I indulged in two such treatments as part of a package and was not disappointed; the professional therapists both gave excellent massages. On one evening, the hotel put on a professional dance performance which was great to watch. The staff are second to none- very polite, very friendly and will do anything for you. Overall, an excellent hotel which I look forward to returning to.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear CKGrout,

Warmest greetings from Siem Reap!

I am writing to thank you for the wonderful review on Trip Advisor! It was great to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and your comments told me how pleased you were during your stay here with us. I was delighted that you were happy with the room upgrade which I believe that must be one of our Park Executive Suites on the ground floor that has a welcoming private outdoor area with dining table and chairs and a private pool.

Appreciated your also singing the praises of the upper level swimming pool and that the 5-star massages and special Apsara performance were a highlight! Great that you enjoyed that!!

Please do come back and I insist you drop me a line when you do have dates in mind so that I can personally assist with your accommodation requirements.

Thank you again and we will all be looking forward to your return!

Warmest regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am loyal to the Hyatt brand and prefer to stay at Park Hyatts. This property is beautiful and tastefully decorated. It's a small hotel so you never feel as if it's too crowded. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful but lack some of the training as other Park Hyatts for example when it comes to knowledge of diamond benefits. Any service calls were quickly answered and resolved. The Park suite that we stayed at was beautiful and had everything we needed. Internet speeds were fast and consistent. Breakfast options were plentiful but I would have preferred to see more hot asian options on the menu. While there are 2 pools, the gym was very small and lacked weight training machines that I would have liked to see. I would stay at this Park Hyatt again if I am in the area.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear jasonz92,

Warm greetings from Siem Reap and thank you so much for your genuine review on Trip Advisor!

I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here with us albeit there were few things that you would have liked to have and see but not to avail. It was truly a pleasure to hear that Park Hyatt has been your preference choice of accommodation. That being said, I will look to remedy the issue you mentioned about lack some of the training when it comes to knowledge of diamond benefits. This was not acceptable and I appreciate your bringing this to our attention.

Naturally what you mentioned about the breakfast options and that you preferred to see more hot Asian options on the menu will be reviewed as well as your comment re that of lacking weight training machines in the gym has also been taken into account as highlighted in your review.

Thank you again, as your comments are greatly appreciated and we do hope you will come back and see us!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Exceptional service by the Park Hyatt crew, very well done! I had an issue during one of my days there and the Housekeeper managed to resolve my problem beyond my satisfaction and assured me not to be afraid! Service is personal and prompt. Quality of facilities is excellent too, lots of thoughts put in to make this hotel a classic. Sleeping under the "Bodhi Tree" is awesome. I even called them at 4 am in the morning to ask for milk for the Nespresso they provided in the room. They also managed to extend my check out timing. Within walking distance to the main walking street where all the buzz is. Fantastic property and excellent service. Good job!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Brillyn T,

Warm greetings from Siem Reap and thank you so much for your wonderful and genuine review!!
It was indeed a great pleasure to read such a brief and positive review about our hotel. I was delighted to learn that your entire stay with us you felt very well looked.

I have of course also noted your feedback in regards to the issue you had during one of your days and I am happy to hear that we were able to resolve the matter while you were here.

Thank you again for this great review and please do come back and see us!

Hong kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We went for the half marathon and had been to the hotel when it was Hotel de la paix. The hotel is better if anything. Great staff who cannot do enough for guests. Great breakfast and food. Wonderful home made ice cream. Overall a great atmosphere. A lovely place to stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ThomoHongkong,

Warm greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!

Thank you so much for your brief and glowing review on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to learn that your overall experience with us was both that of an enjoyable and a memorable one. It was great that you enjoyed the delicious cuisine and our homemade ice-cream in the Glasshouse too!

I hope you had a great time of the Angkor half marathon and please do make it back next year to see us!

Thank you again for the review!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I read that this hotel became a Park Hyatt, I knew that I should stay there. Compared to other hotels in SR, the cost of staying here is a real shock but most Park Hyatts are out of this world.

Location: This is the best situated luxury hotel in SR. You can walk to the Night Market, Pub Street, and other venues. It is definitely great to tell a tuk tuk driver, “No Thank you” and walk out. If you arrive here and do not take the hotel’s pricey airport transportation, explain that it is across from the KFC.

Check in: When we arrived, we took our belongings out of the tuk tuk and noticed that the door attendants were standing there. We realized that they were in fact, just door attendants, and did not help with the bags. Another hotel employee came out and assisted us with the bags. As others have said, you are checked in in their library bar restaurant and offered a refreshing drink.

Breakfast: Breakfast was not included and I believe it cost something along the lines of $28/pp. When we were in PP, we stayed at the Raffles and the Intercontinental but even so, I found these prices here to be a bit exorbitant. We opted to eat breakfast in one of the many restaurants nearby.

Internet: Complimentary internet is offered to all guests. Finally, a hotel understands that internet has become a necessity and not a luxury and that it should be not charged.

Room: We had the deluxe room overlooking the pool.. On this trip to Asia, we stayed in approximately 6-7 hotels and many were suites. This was a regular room and even so, it was our favorite. The first thing that struck me was the brightness - light was everywhere. Then, the outlets. Along with everyone using the internet, people now travel with smartphones and tablets and computers - we need outlets and this room had outlets everywhere. What a relief. The dark wood floors against the crisp white linens was refreshing. Some reviewers mentioned that the wrap around settee bench was too big - i did not find it too big. On the contrary, it is nice to have adequate seating space and comfortable seating space. The settee is against the window so you can look over the pool. There was also enough space for a table. The bathroom, all white marble had a walk in shower, tub, and separate WC with double vanity. I also noted that the little table in the WC. I think it’s thoughtful as you had a stand to place your belongings. The closet was also adequate - I think what struck us was that the room was not huge but it had space for everything. I’m not sure if two of us could spend weeks in here, but you can definitely stay here for a week comfortably. The only negative about the room I would say would be the light system - it's a bit counterintuitive as there are so many buttons - it takes a bit to get used to.

Hotel Grounds: The recurring theme that we had was that it was understated elegance. The kind of elegance where less was more. Nothing was flashy about this hotel but you knew that things were placed with great care. The architect managed to create a secret garden pool oasis that was inviting. As many have stated, we appreciated that the pool had some shaded spots and some spots in the sun.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear citoyennea,

Warm greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your overall experience with us! The review is very genuine and to the point!

It was truly a pleasure to read such a detailed review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. It was great to see that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

Naturally, we agree with you as you mentioned re that of our location is the best situated luxury hotel in Siem Reap where most of the things in town can be done on foot. I was delighted to read how pleased you were during your stay here with us from the day of your arrival especially from your comments about the room you stayed in. Your description will certainly create a better understanding to future reviewers.

We. With our engineering department, will also look to remedy your mentioned difficulty with the lighting system. Outlook that we make it become more convenient in utilisation.

I was also delighted to read that you were impressed by the pool areas. Certainly they do make for an oasis, away from the hustle and bustle of Siem Reap!

Citoyennea, thank you once more for you candid review and I welcome you to contact me directly next time your travel plans bring you to Siem Reap and we will ensure you will be well looked after.

I trust you are well.

Warmest regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Yes its $$ for Cambodia but for me the staff were exceptional, 'no' wasn't in their vocab and everything came with a genuine smile. Couldn't fault it, service was six stars, i recommend seeing the show, breathe taking - ill be back :)

• Stayed December 2014
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Nicola W,

Warm greetings from Siem Reap!

I was delighted to read your short but wonderful review here on Trip Advisor, very candid and to the point!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and your mentioning that our service was six stars is very much appreciated and we do hope you will make it back someday to see us. Do let me know when you do so that I can personally look after your requirements!

Thank you once more and best regards,

E: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Siem Reap? Share your experiences!