“Oasis in midst of the hustle and bustle Siem Reap” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #35 of 244 Hotels in Siem Reap
New York, NY
“Oasis in midst of the hustle and bustle Siem Reap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Park Hyatt is one of the most beautiful hotel around the world. The design of the hotel and the room exudes peacefulness and the beauty of sanctuary. The hotel location is perfect as you are in the middle of the town, but once you entered the hotel, it's like you entered another world that's full of tranquilness.

General Manage Mr. Sholto Smith leads a very profession and energetic team, a true Park Hyatt spirit! He took care of us and welcome us with his warm greeting once we have arrived the hotel. Having spending many nights in different hotels, I always felt that a hotel's is just a place to sleep. With Park Hyatt Siem Reap, it felt like a home away from home! The room were so beautiful that we struggled between spend more time in the hotel vs all the amazing attractions. We enjoyed our visit to Siem Reap so much, we are planning our second visit already!

Room Tip: Splurge and get a suite!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Vicky and Michael,

Warm greetings from Siem Reap!! It was a pleasure meeting you both while you were here celebrating your wedding anniversary!

Thank you too for your kind words! They are appreciated and greatly! I really appreciated the way you reached out to me prior to your arrival and that post our exchange of mails we were able to accommodate your every desire in making your stay here that of a memorable one!!

I trust you are both well and look forward to welcoming you both back to Park Hyatt Siem Reap in the not too distant future.

Wishing you both a Happy Christmas and a very happy new year!!

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

A few years ago I stayed at the Hotel De La Paix and when organising a recent trip to Siem Reap discovered that it is now the Park Hyatt Siem Reap. We booked 5 nights at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap and it was fantastic! A wonderful stay and memorable holiday.

The hotel is a beautiful paradise in the middle of a main street, with the recent renovations adding a fresh uplift and art deco feel to this boutique hotel. Conveniently located within walking distance to shops, the night market and nearby restaurants. Even though it is located on a busy street, inside the hotel it is very quiet and peaceful.

The staff are wonderful, always greeting you with a friendly smile and assisted us in booking nearby restaurants or suggesting places to visit. We also ate at the Park Hyatt restaurant for lunch and dinner which was excellent. The breakfast is a la carte with a great selection of western and asian meal choices.

The rooms were pristine clean, air conditioned and the beds were large and very comfortable. The Park Hyatt felt like a home away from home.

We organised a tour guide to pick us up and tour the attractions but after a long day of sight seeing we loved returning to the Park Hyatt to rest and have a drink at the new lounge which was gorgeous. The detail that has been put into this hotel is beautiful and the ambience of this hotel is very relaxing.

We were also fortunate to visit when there was a special at the Day Spa for massages. The staff are fantastic and we had heavenly massages which just added that extra special touch to our already wonderful stay.

Fantastic hotel, will definitely visit again when in Siem Reap!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor! It was Saturday morning when I read this and really, what better way to start the day than by reading a great review…. Happy days!

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay here in the hotel and better still, that you had stayed here before and that you like the reincarnation / rebirth now that we are a Park Hyatt! Words used such as beautiful, wonderful, paradise, pristine, clean etc are all such great attributes, as was your blessing our favourable location and the likes thereof.

I am sure you are aware too that we retained the entire team while the hotel was renovated, so and that said, you may well have seen some familiar faces during your stay.

I hope that you will return again and that when you do, you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your reservation.

I trust you are well and thank you again for your review.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

We’ve just spent four days at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap and it was fabulous. The exterior facade and entrance give little indication of the sublime interior design and atmosphere that awaits within. The Park Hyatt team have created a little piece of paradise in what is a truly remarkable city.

First, the hotel has a great location. Really close to the Temples, either by tuk-tuk or by organised tour and if you want to venture out for some night life, pub street and the night markets are less than a 5 minute walk away. The concierge team are on hand and offer great advise on restaurant & tour recommendations, but once you’ve eaten at the hotel it’s difficult to motivate oneself to dine anywhere else. The food at the hotel is superb, with quality of produce evident & a menu that offers a good mix of western and local fusion. One thing though – careful with the chilli’s. Those little fellas mean business and are super super spicy – you’ve been warned!

The rooms are heavenly with super comfortable beds and decadent bathrooms, ours had a TV in the bath which proved popular as one could catch up on news whilst soaking weary legs in the tub or if like our kids, you enjoy cartoons whilst bathing – pure decadence. The grounds are beautiful, with a tranquil central courtyard and peaceful swimming pool which was an oasis after hot days spent touring. The Living Room is stunning with fabulous hot pink couches and a nice place to enjoy cocktail. Do check out the stunning lotus flowers in there. A work of art that is sculptured every other day. We could not believe they were real and they are stunning.

Being a new hotel there were a couple of minor teething problems. Working out the bedroom lighting system was not the easiest thing in the world. Service is good – with staff on hand to assist, always with a warm smile, however there were instances where it was evident they did not fully comprehend our request. However, management is visible and always ensured that any issue raised was addressed quickly and satisfactorily.

This is my third trip to Cambodia and Siem Reap. I’ve been to the Raffles and I‘ve been to the Aman. Now however, I would not stay anywhere else but the Park Hyatt with the ambience of the hotel a perfect complement to the local cultural experiences you enjoy! Everything we’ve come to expect from a Park Hyatt. Well done guys.

• Stayed November 2013
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor….

Where to start!! It’s very difficult as you covered so much in your summation of your recent stay here with us and all in all, your feedback was indeed “glowing!” What was certainly good to read was that this was not your first time to Siem Reap so and that said you were able to compare us to the hotels you previously stayed in and to my delight, with such a positive outcome!

I have not ignored your comments about the lighting in your room or the matter of comprehension, or as your review states, lack thereof.

These are certainly very valid points and I can advise that we are looking into placing some instructions in the rooms with regards to the lighting and other electrical gadgets, curtains et al and in relation to the comprehension matter, I can advise that we are conducting and with great regularity, English lessons / discussions.

Do let me know when you plan to bring your family back to Siem Reap so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation requirements! Those and of course the accommodation requirements of your children!! Tell then that “cartoons” while bathing, awaits!

I trust you are well and thank you again for taking the time to post your review.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Re-opened in August after renovation. Tasteful deco in lobby and rooms, even elevators have freshly picked jasimine flowers. Spacious room, nice layout. Comfortable beds and sofa. Awesome bathroom! One of the best I have ever been! Facilities are new, great shower with excellent water pressure. Movable stool gives more counter space to place small objects and clothes. The bathroom has a blind that opens to the living room and the tv can be adjusted to watch while taking a bath. Breakfast selection is not as diversified as in some other hotels, in my opinion. Liked their chicken noodle soup (pho). The sevice was a little bit slow in the rush hour (after 8am). Hotel clerks are friendly and helpful. Good location, about 15 min to airport or Angkor Wat. Walking distance to night markets. Overall, great experience!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!! Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor, namely “Impressive Hotel!”

I was delighted to read this and appreciate your candid comments especially where the breakfast was concerned. While we feel our food and beverage offerings are superior to others, your comments are duly noted and have been shared with both our exec sous chef and that of our f&b manager. Feedback of this nature is always appreciated so and that said it is good that you shared this with us.

Please let me know when you wish to return to that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements!

I trust you are well.

Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Fantastic rooms and pool in an interesting, well-located building. I really enjoyed my stay. Hotel might want to consider a couple of minor recommendations: 1) adjust the cost of airport transfer service - it was much too high for the short distance; 2) add a small business center where guests can print airline tickets; currently you have to email them to the hotel manager for printing - this happens quickly and efficiently, but is still kind of a hassle; 3) increase staffing in the restaurant at breakfast - service seems a little discombobulated. These are really minor considerations, though. This is a highly recommended hotel for an excellent stay in Siem Reap.

Room Tip: I found the mattress much too firm to be comfortable. But I asked if there was anything that could...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! Appreciate your comments and of course was pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us. In terms of the car service and the cost thereof. This is outsourced and we have gone to the best operator in Cambodia for this service as naturally we want to create the best experience for our guests. While the price could be deemed a little high, the positive side is that the cars are all new, are regularly serviced, the drivers all have proper driver’s licenses and are all insured.

The idea of the business centre is that of a good one and we will see what we can do. While we do not have a room that could be allocated for this, there are plenty of nooks and crannies that could accommodate a PC or two + that of a printer. Thank you for the suggestion.

The matter of the breakfast service in the Dining Room is also duly noted and I will ensure shared with our food and beverage manager. It was not pleasing to read, but appreciated as we can now focus on corrective measures!

Thank you once more for your candid comments! I do hope that you will return again soon and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your reservation requirements.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This newly renovated hotel was reopened about 6 months or so ago and it is a winner. Beautifully designed and appointed, it is a warm, welcoming place to stay. The staff is amazing, everyone is as helpful and friendly as can be. We had a little problem with the WiFi signal being a little weak in our room. Within 5 minutes of our bringing it to their attention, the concierge was in our room installing a WiFi extender which totally fixed the problem. The food is excellent in the Dining Room, we ate breakfast and 1 diner there. Again, the warmth and the friendliness of the staff was impressive. The location is also good, just a very short walk to the town center, restaurants and the night market

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thanks allot for your great review on Trip Advisor! Your positive comments are appreciated and greatly!! Really good to read how you enjoyed your time here and I was pleased that you found the team to be accommodating with your every whim. Especially the internet which we all know is one of todays most needed things! Almost a basic requirement and yes, a real frustration when it does not work!! Thankfully we were able to and your thanks to concierge will be shared…

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can look after your requirements.

I trust you are well.

roma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We have been coming here for many years, and saw the town growing at fast pace.
This time we chose a hotel that we usually don't stay, but we were curious about it since it changed quiet a bit. Our last experience pushed us to try it.
We knew the hotel before as we used to come here to the bar.
The place has totally changed but in a good way. The renovation of the hotel is just amazing. We loved this Asian/modern style.
Comfortable rooms, nice amenities and delicious food.
We just had one issue at the bar when we had a group of Chinese/Korean? who were just yelling and obviously upsetting other guests. No management there except one housekeeping manager that we saw previously in the corridors, he was passing by and notice the situation. We were impressed the way he handled the situation and calm the group down. After he had the kindness to approach each tables and apologized about this inconvenient situation. Very impressed indeed!
Two thumbs up to Revong, a great and humble personality. Make sure you meet him in the corridors...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap.

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor and for your overall positive comments! We are delighted to hear that you like the hotel post that of its recent reincarnation from that of Hotel de la Paix to Park Hyatt Siem Reap. I know that the architect, Bill Bensley, would also appreciate your kind words. Of course your comments about the ruckus that a group was making cannot be ignored but I was pleased to see that this was handled well by Rivong. Your thanks will be shared with him.

I trust you are well and please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after you reservation.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Siem Reap? Share your experiences!