“Very nice addition to hotel scene in Siem Reap!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Pamper at the Park
Ranked #13 of 223 Hotels in Siem Reap
Boulder, Colorado
“Very nice addition to hotel scene in Siem Reap!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap for 3 nights from October 30-Nov 2 and am a big fan. I had previously stayed at the same hotel in 2009 when it was the Hotel de la Paix which was a beautiful hotel but they put style over function. The Park Hyatt has melded form and function perfectly to create one of the best hotels in Siem Reap. I've also stayed at several other hotels in the area over the years including the La Residence d'Angkor and Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor to name a couple and the Park Hyatt is easily a match for the top hotels in Siem Reap. As I see it each of these properties would appeal to slightly different tastes with the Park Hyatt the hotel of choice for those who want a sophisticated, urban-resort experience with excellent service AND central location.

The staff was really excellent and friendly, as are pretty much all staff at hotels in Siem Reap, but they go out of their way to learn your name and are genuinely warm and friendly. The location of the hotel may be one of the best in Siem Reap as it is easy walking distance to shops and the bars and restaurants of Pub St which cannot be said of some of the other top hotels in Siem Reap although these are only a $1-2 tuktuk ride away.

I like the way Park Hyatts in Asia do breakfast with a great buffet but also the ability to order any number of ala carte items as well. Bring your appetite because it's an experience. We spent hours enjoying breakfast each morning.

All and all a wonderful experience and one I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a polished, luxury hotel in a prime, city center location. Kudos!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you thank you thank you for your rave review!! Really; always great to read such positive comments and naturally I was especially pleased to read how you felt we, since the rebranding and our becoming a Park Hyatt, have melded both form and functionally to perfection… This is really quite a claim and one that on behalf of the entire team, I would be very happy to accept!!

Your other endorsements are also very much appreciated, from your positive comments about the location of the hotel, to the food and beverage offerings and of course, to the staff and their being so excellent at what they do! Again, I really cannot thank you enough!!

Given this was not your first visit to Siem Reap I am hopeful that it will not be your last and that when you do decide to return you will contact me so that I can assist you with your accommodation requirements.

Thank you once more and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Siem Reap!

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Spent 5 days here and loved it. It used to be Hotel De La Paix, a private French run hotel, but the Park Hyatt has done a great job taking it over. They kept much of the original, local staff who worked at the previous hotel, which we thought was a classy thing to do. It's small. 3 levels, but nothing is missed. The interior courtyard is beyond gorgeous, with it's water and many seating areas. The courtyard leads to everything. The restaurants are beautiful. By Cambodian standards, the main one is expensive. Dinner for 2 was $75 (versus dinner in town at $30 for two). But by North American standards, still very very cheap. And the food was really delicious; worth a splurge for one night. We often had 3 to 5 people serving us, since the restaurants weren't busy. The decor is Art Deco updated with Cambodian artistic touches. Very beautiful. The pool on the first floor is amazing, outdoor, indoor and infinity all in one.The spa service is worth every penny. Have a massage. It was amazing. The staff go out of their way to be helpful and are always smiling warmly. They seem to take great pride in their work, which means, as a guest, you get truly pampered. You can walk to town in less than 5 minutes or get one of he million ever soliciting Tuk Tuk drivers to take you there for $1. This hotel was just recently opened so it's not very busy right now, but undoubtedly it will get very popular. It's just too nice.

Room Tip: The garden rooms overlook the interior courtyard and will be quieter than those facing the roads.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap and thank you for your review on Trip Advisor…

I was delighted to read your positive comments and will ensure that these are shared with the entire team.

I think that it would be fair to say that you touched on most aspects of your stay here with us, from treatments in the spa to dining in our restaurants and to enjoying the location of the hotel and its being so close to so many of the amenities that are here in Siem Reap!! All good!!

Above all we were thrilled to have been able to make your holiday all the better by your staying here with us!

I hope this finds you well and that you will return to Siem Reap soon! Let me know so that I can personally assist you!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel's in the middle of the city and looks modest on the outside but is full of great pieces inside. Best part is luxury within walking distance to the buzz of Siem Reap's shopping, markets and nightlife.

Room Tip: Deluxe is all I needed
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Immense thanks for your review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your taking the time to write about your recent stay here with us and of course, all the better due to the glowing nature of what you wrote! We hope you will return again soon and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I spent 2 nights in Oct 2013 with my partner at Park Hyatt Siem Reap and it was really an amazing place. They put us in the deluxe room which is spacious, clean, comfortable and with a special treat of a bottle of champagne to cheer our day. I loved the decor and every little details of it ( the hand written welcome cards, the housekeeping note, the fruits basket). The breakfast was excellent!!! Their staffs are really friendly & helpful and willing to go extra mile!

Thanks to the team & GM- Sholto for making our stay so relaxed and enjoyable!

I will definitely come back and stay at Park Hyatt Siem Reap again. Highly recommended to everyone!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review on Trip Advisor….

I was delighted to read your positive comments which I will ensure are shared with the team. It is pleasing to know that the little extras make the difference too!

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your partner back to Park Hyatt Siem Reap in the not too distant future and please let me know when you do have dates in mind so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I trust you are well.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The exterior of the hotel is rather unpretentious and simple which perfectly matches with the fabric of the city and its location. The interior however is an entirely different story with many mini stories happening in every nook and corner. Every floor, every space has its own distinctive character and yet manages to come together as a whole. Architecturally its perfection!!!
We live in China and have been traveling in Asia for many years so I can say confidently that when it comes to the staff and hospitality it cannot get any better. The staff is not only receptive and friendly but very well trained.
The breakfast is fantastic and personalized. I am not a buffet breakfast supporter so for me this combination of a small buffet with the option to order more was perfect. Besides breakfast we ate dinner two or three times at the hotel and every meal was delicious and well presented.
All in all the Park Hyatt Siem Reap is all about QUALITY!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter than the ones facing the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on Trip Advisor.

Fair to say you touched on many of the areas that we feel makes our hotel special and a little bit different from those within our competitor set! We really appreciated your comments and will ensure that they are shared with the entire hotel team.

Please let me know if you plan to return to Siem Reap so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation requirements.

I write this trusting you are well and send you our best regards from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

As a student of Architecture and professionally the Director of Construction for a multi-country development consortium in Shanghai, I could not pass up the opportunity to visit Angkor Wat; the absolutely amazing lost complex of temples buried in the nearby jungle. This hotel is AMAZING!! Designed by a French architect, it was a complete, and wonderful surprise in the midst of a very congested and busy downtown Siem Reap. My wife booked this hotel through an agent in Shanghai as part of a longer trip to Cambodia. Without even seeing a brochure, she took his word we would be satisfied and we were! It was the Hotel De La Paix before Hyatt took it over and put it into the mainline. Everything was great; the check in, the bell staff, housekeeping, the restaurant food and staff and the way the property felt. It was a modern, comfortable but restrained environment with dignity and meticulous attention to detail. My daughter was enthralled by the hanging lounges in the lobby, the beautiful outdoor pool with it's interlocking small areas and infinity edge and the design of the bathroom in our room. It is a luxury with nooks and crannies for towels, water flowing down the wall and a window so you can see the TV or family in the guestroom while relaxing in the tub. The appointments are of high quality and sleeping was easy and comfortable. I could go on and on about the food, but suffice it to say it was absolutely fresh and delicious. The presentation and service was excellent and not to be missed. Try something new or ask the wait staff for a suggestion. You will not be disappointed. The saddest part of our visit was the leaving. My daughter made me promise if we ever return to Siem Reap, this is where we will stay. I have no problem keeping that promise. This is one of the finest hotels I have ever stayed in and cannot recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Just ask for a park view Some views are not too beautiful. Staff are very accommodating if available...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Martin, Warm greetings from Siem Reap!

Thank you for posting the most super review on Trip Advisor. It was great to read how you and your family enjoyed your time here at Park Hyatt Siem Reap. Seems that you were all able to enjoy so many of the hotel’s features and I thank you for highlighting these in your review (swimming pool, restaurants, swing beds etc).

I certainly hope that you will all return soon and that when you do I would be only too happy to personally assist you with your accommodation requirements. Just let me know.

Thank you once more.

I write this trusting you are well.

Kind regards,

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have just stayed three nights at the Park Hyatt of Siem Reap and I can tell is the best hotel in town. I had the chance to visit other hotels since was there long time considering the amount of other things you can do there besides visiting temples.

Is it located in the main street, right in front of most of the shops, bars, and banks. Really 10 minutes by car or tuk tuk to the temples and main touristic sightseeing things.

The building is beautiful outside and even more inside. The views from the room isn´t anything great but you must also understand where you are. Lets say Siem Reap city center is not the most amazing architecture scenario of south east asia. The hotel has been renovated recently and just opened in August after Park Hyatt has taken over the property.

The hotel has the cutest coffee place in town, a great restaurant with a Banyan Tree in the courtyard, a very nice lobby/library and great pool and spa facilities. The food is great and the staff at the restaurant as well as the chef are very welcoming.

I suggest anyone who is traveling to Siem Reap to take into consideration this place. Mr. Belletti and Mr. Smith are doing a great job. Congratulations!

Room Tip: Take a room overlooking the Banyan Tree Courtyard or the Hotel Pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

I do not know where to start in terms of thanking you as really you covered everything. I especially like your summation of our location and how it is! We too enjoy this aspect as it’s certainly a unique position to be in, right in the hustle and bustle (eclecticism) of Siem Reap and yet still only 10 minutes away from Angkor Wat. True, our rooms with the views of the Banyan tree are

Great that you also enjoy the culinary delights on offer too!!

So and again, thank you! We really do appreciate your positive words and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your wife back to Park Hyatt Siem Reap again soon.

I trust you are well.

Kind regards,

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Siem Reap? Share your experiences!