“Best place I've ever stayed in this price range!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Massage & Pick up
Ranked #25 of 232 Hotels in Siem Reap
Melbourne, Australia
“Best place I've ever stayed in this price range!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

In fact, GTV is not only the best place in this price range, but it beats most hotels I've stayed at in the four and five star price range. I booked it because of the rave reviews on Tripadvisor, and they were all true. The rooms were lovely with local decor. Mine had a safe, basic amenities (including soap, shampoo, toothbrush/paste and comb), nice fluffy towels, both fan and aircon. I was served a lovely free cold drink when I arrived, along with a cold damp washcloth to refresh myself, and there was access to free tea, coffee, bananas and wifi (as well as computers if you needed one). I took advantage not only of the free half-hour massage, but I also had an hour-long massage every day (for $US3, why would anyone not?), which was wonderful, starting with a cold cucumber compress to my face. All the front desk staff got to know me by name (and which was my room number), and were happy to answer any questions or make suggestions for what to see. Unlike many hotels, GTV does not take a commission when they book for you, so the tuktuk drivers and guides are at a price lower than most other tour booking agencies ($US11 for the tuktuk around the inner Angkor Wat/ Angkor Thom area, $17 to the village on stilts at Tonle Sap, $22 for the guide). The guide was very personable and his English was excellent; the tuktuk driver also had good English skills. The restaurant had very good food--in fact, we met some people who weren't staying at GTV, but had been eating there every night because of the interesting food and friendly service. I had only one minor problem with the bathroom drain blocking, and when I reported it to the front desk, a handyman was there to fix it within a few minutes. GTV doesn't have a swimming pool or a gym or bathrobes in the room--but that didn't worry me because everything they did offer was lovely. What more can I say, other than that I will recommend this place to everyone I know who is planning to visit Siem Reap--even the people who would normally go four or five star class.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were 2 friends with a twin room here at Golden Temple Villas. Our room was beautifully decorated with very clean with all the extra touches, a fridge, TV with cable, fan and air-con. Most impressive was the level of service. Not only friendly with a 'nothing is impossible" attitude but everyone on the front desk was knowledgeable on the sites, how to get there and pretty much anything we needed to know. Encouraged us to visit Orphanages and do some things outside of the usual Temple visits which was very humbling and satisfying. They secured us our Tuk Tuk driver (not extra fees), we had a half hour free massage given to us and free bicycles anytime. Free Bananas and tea and coffee. A welcome drink was given on arrival in the lovely restaurant adjoined to the Villas. As a discerning foodie I was ready to be very critical about the restaurant but was pleasantly surprised- great summer fresh rolls, the Sweet/Sour soup was delicious and fresh fruit salads top marks for presentation. I can't fault this place. Location excellent, close to all markets yet not noisy in any way. I wracked my brains to think of something that was amiss but it was perfect for us including the price. Top marks all round!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've never stayed at a hotel or guesthouse with staff as friendly as that in GTV. From the time I checked in till I left, everyone always had a kind smile and enquired how I was doing. Everything mentioned in the other reviews is true...free Wifi and Internet, free tea, coffee and all the bananas u can eat, free 30 min massage, free bicycle, etc...plus they offer package tours to all the temples with a lowest price guarantee to boot (there's a sign on the wall next to reception stating that).

My room was clean and comfortable and the location is excellent....just a few mins walk to the night market and Pub St. I will def return to GTV if I am ever in SR again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Amazing accommodation for extremely reasonable prices! We initially booked one night and ended up staying for 5. You truly feel like you are staying at a mini resort... The decor is beautiful and zen. Free tea and coffee all day and complimentary massage with stay. Great service too...we booked all our tours/tuktuk drivers through the hotel and they gave us great rates. Sek at reception is a delight... And if you're in need of a tuktuk driver to see Angkor or anything else in Siem Reap, ask for Saiha. He's super accommodating and polite. Would highly recommend..but book in advance as they tend to fill up :)

Follow our travels on Instagram: @loveandrich
instagram.com/loveandrich

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We needed accommodation for a few days prior to joining a tour. After reading the many glowing reviews upon Trip Advisor this was an easy choice. We certainly made the right decision! Golden Villa is wonderful. Excellent price, excellent service, excellent location with people that greet you with the biggest smiles and the most professional service. The on site restaurant was some of the best food we had during our stay. And we must say that the coffee was fantastic! A shame that time did not allow us to book in for the free massage - but we were able to make the time to try a few of the cocktails - which were also very good indeed. We will certainly return and stay much longer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very near to the bustling town center of Siem Reap. Free fruits, tea and coffee all day. Staff is friendly and helpful. Booking a stay entails you to a free 30min massage. There are computers for hotel guests to use. Rooms are small and simple and rather clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you are a budget traveler, look no where here it is the Budget Jewel.
What more can I say, nothing much I can add in appreciation.
> Best location : Pub Street (5min) Old Marked (5min) Night Market (5min) its kind of the most happening location in town.
>Can hire best Tour Packages good Tuk-Tuks (I recommend : Mr Don)
>Best food - taste vice price vice
>Greenery all around

Room Tip: Just mind you no lift, best food.